Sign in to follow this  
Laurenwallace

Express Entry first draw - updates?!?

Laurenwallace

Thanks for this MaryJane! Very interesting

Helanie
clare.schur

Hi everyone

Can I inquire...hope this is the right place...for all of you who entered the express entry system without a job, has being part of the express entry pool resulted in employment offers?

Thanks

Sybi

Hi everyone

Can I inquire...hope this is the right place...for all of you who entered the express entry system without a job, has being part of the express entry pool resulted in employment offers?

Thanks

We registered on the system, and no job offers or interest as yet.

CIC seem to be cleaning the system wrt people with a job, or positive LMIA first.... I just didn't realize there were so many of them out there!!! Already there were 3 draws with close to 2400 invites that went out :mellow:

My concern with this Express Entry system that it is very disheartening - is that the points cut off for an invitation to apply is ridiculously high at the moment!

So if we have no job offer, or provincial nomination its guesses as to when the points will drop to a level for us folks to get an invitation!

So yeah, time will tell...Its indefinite waiting for now :cry: , and the CIC is horrible with press releases on their intentions or plans!!

Edited by Sybi

M-N

We registered on the system, and no job offers or interest as yet.

CIC seem to be cleaning the system wrt people with a job, or positive LMIA first.... I just didn't realize there were so many of them out there!!! Already there were 3 draws with close to 2400 invites that went out :mellow:

My concern with this Express Entry system that it is very disheartening - is that the points cut off for an invitation to apply is ridiculously high at the moment!

So if we have no job offer, or provincial nomination its guesses as to when the points will drop to a level for us folks to get an invitation!

So yeah, time will tell...Its indefinite waiting for now :cry: , and the CIC is horrible with press releases on their intentions or plans!!

Don't let it be too disheartening. I'm sure they are receiving a lot of pressure on their side to bring in these people. It makes sense to bring in those with LMIA's and nominations as it means those people can immediately contribute to the economy. It's harsh,I know, but it makes sense. I'm sure that once they can have a clear picture of where they need to fill the gaps, they'll start diving into the other pools. In the meantime, don't give up and still try and apply for as many jobs as you can. Even those with LMIA aren't guaranteed an invite.

Best of luck. I always believe things hapen when and how they should. Much to our frustrations. :)

• Like 2

Sybi

Don't let it be too disheartening. I'm sure they are receiving a lot of pressure on their side to bring in these people. It makes sense to bring in those with LMIA's and nominations as it means those people can immediately contribute to the economy. It's harsh,I know, but it makes sense. I'm sure that once they can have a clear picture of where they need to fill the gaps, they'll start diving into the other pools. In the meantime, don't give up and still try and apply for as many jobs as you can. Even those with LMIA aren't guaranteed an invite.

Best of luck. I always believe things hapen when and how they should. Much to our frustrations. :)

Thanks M-N.

Yes, things happen when they happen for a reason :holy:

Its just a matter or time now....

Being the control freak I am; I just hate the fact that this process is sooooooo out of our control .... :whistling:

The wait and all unknowns are anguish!! Its pot luck, I tell ya!!

Just glad to be part of this forum, and people like all of you who keep hope alive :hug:

I keep saying to myself = immigration = patience = perseverance (IPP)...!!

So I am IPP'ing on.....well atleast I try too :ilikeit:

Edited by Sybi
  • Like 1

Helanie

Love the IPP!!! AWESOME Sybi! I understand exactly how you feel!! I also wish we could control more of the process but that's just how it is!! I think that CIC will somehow adjust their points as time goes on-remember this is the first 2months of this new immigration system / way of immigration in Canada and I KNOW changes will made until the system and selection is on par with other countries that have a similar system for selection.

Hang in there!!!

M-N

Thanks M-N.

Yes, things happen when they happen for a reason :holy:

Its just a matter or time now....

Being the control freak I am; I just hate the fact that this process is sooooooo out of our control .... :whistling:

The wait and all unknowns are anguish!! Its pot luck, I tell ya!!

Just glad to be part of this forum, and people like all of you who keep hope alive :hug:

I keep saying to myself = immigration = patience = perseverance (IPP)...!!

So I am IPP'ing on.....well atleast I try too :ilikeit:

I totally get that, both M and I are super-control-freaks and it drove us nuts. One day I just decided to pull an Elsa and "Let Go" and "Que Sera Sera" and that was the best thing I could have done for myself. We did everything we could from our side to make it happen and all we could do was wait.

I like the IPP, it's VERY important. You should copyright that. :whistling:

• Like 1

Nelline

Posted the profile yesterday, got the invite this evening. Can't say fairer than that!

• Like 3

Sideline

Very good news guys. You deserve it :)

GrantM

Posted the profile yesterday, got the invite this evening. Can't say fairer than that!

Awesome!

Nelline

Now the scramble starts to get everything ready... oh dear!

• Like 2

MaryJane

Congrats, Nelline!

And the 4th draw yesterday, Feb 27 had 1187 invites for applicants who had 735 points and higher....

Updates here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

• Like 1

Laurenwallace

Looks like the EE applications are finally pouring in! Congrats Nelline!

Sybi

Congrats Nelline :ilikeit:

Helanie

Awesome Nelline!! So happy for you guys!

Great news and well deserved Nelline & Family! One step closer to Citizenship!

Sparky2

Congrats Nelline.

I submitted my application on EE. The IELTS form was not on the document checklist, you only had to fill in your scores. Our IELTS expires in the end of March. My logic tells me that they won't ask for a new IELTS, because the application was submitted before it expired.

What do you guys think?

GrantM

Congrats Nelline.

I submitted my application on EE. The IELTS form was not on the document checklist, you only had to fill in your scores. Our IELTS expires in the end of March. My logic tells me that they won't ask for a new IELTS, because the application was submitted before it expired.

What do you guys think?

Has it been 2 years since you wrote IELTS?

Nelline

I would agree with that, but then again, there's not always logic to the way they do things.

Congrats Nelline.

What do you guys think?

Sparky2

Yes, it's been two years GrantM.

Tracey22

@nelline - congratulations!

• Like 1

Hennie vdB

Sparky, I am hesitant to give you advice which may backfire, but in my case it was the same. I did my IELTS in 2007 when I applied, and was quite concerned that they may ask for an updated one when my application was approved in 2012 - but they did not. They hopefully understand that that if you could speak English three years ago, chances are pretty good that you can still gooi The Taal.

But, it remains a risk which can cause another delay if they do ask, so use this advice "without prejudice"!! At your own risk. The treatment is not always consistent.

Denise A

Hi All,

I understood all papers need to be submitted once chosen.... But it does not need to be IELTS. CELPIP is much faster... Took me 2 hours to complete