Sign in to follow this  
Helanie

October / November / December 2014 applications

Helanie

GOOD NEWS, we received our Letter Of Approval from the Manitoba Province on Friday. We did not get nominated to go through express entry and it states this on the approval letter as well. We wil now submit our application to Central Intake Office and hopefully we will receive our Permanent Residence Visas before June next year.

We have to do Police Clearence next week. Have anyone applied recently? It states that the timeline is 14 working days, what was your experience?

Do you guys think it is possible for us to get our visas by June 2016?

FANTASTIC NEWS Druce So happy for you guys! Good luck now with all the paperwork!! So happy! :ilikeit:

Druce

Thanks Helanie :D

Druce

I am busy with my Permanent Residence Application (MPNP Nomination). It states that you can send your PCC after submitting the PR App.

My question is this: Should I rather wait for the 3-4 weeks that SA PC & UK PC will take and then submit or will it save me some time if I submit now (with receipts showing I applied for PC) and then send the PC at a later stage?

I just want to submit asap but also dont want to have any problems because of maybe being too hasty.

What do you huys think?

raayu

Hi All

Received an email from CHC today with the heading ' your file appears ready to be finalised' and there is a PDF document on the passport request. Seems like the long wait is finally over and visiting the CHC really helped. I need the advise on the following:

What is the procedure of submission of passport for the visa exempt country. My one son is holding a visa exempt passport. I read somewhere that there are different requirements.

My son's passport was valid until 4th April 2016 and the our medical expires on 18th June 2016. Luckily I got his passport renewed and will collect on Thursday. The question is if I submit his new passport, will I get his visa until the expiry of our medical?

Thank you to this forum for giving valuable suggestions!

• Like 1

Helanie

Congrats Raauy!! Great NEWS!!! YEAH!!! Really happy for your family! :clown::ilikeit::hug::lol::D:P;)^_^:)

I'm sorry but I can't give you advise on the passport questions - maybe someone else could assist?

kennifeh

Have a look at this thread that I started http://www.sacanada.org/topic/19711-us-visitors-tourist-visa/

Good luck!!

Thanks Helanie

We had our appointment on the 14th of Sept. We took all the required docs, and just as you said, the Visa officer did not ask for them. He saw the Canada immigrant visa and then said, "Oh ok, you guys are moving to Canada?" Next he said your visas have been approved. We got 10 yrs :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Druce

Thanks Helanie

We had our appointment on the 14th of Sept. We took all the required docs, and just as you said, the Visa officer did not ask for them. He saw the Canada immigrant visa and then said, "Oh ok, you guys are moving to Canada?" Next he said your visas have been approved. We got 10 yrs

Congratulations! What visa did you apply for? Why was it only pproved for 10 years?

MaryJane

Congratulations! What visa did you apply for? Why was it only pproved for 10 years?

Hi Druce

kennifeh is referring to his application for a US tourist visa, wherein he was granted a 10-year visa.

• Like 1

Hi All

Received an email from CHC today with the heading ' your file appears ready to be finalised' and there is a PDF document on the passport request. Seems like the long wait is finally over and visiting the CHC really helped. I need the advise on the following:

Congratulations Raayu and Family! All the best with the final arrangements.

raayu

Hi All

Received email from VFS that I also have to pay the transmission fee of R296 per person. The payment method says the cash to be deposited in their Bedbank account. Do you guys did a cash deposit or an EFT. Thanks

kennifeh

Hi All

Received email from VFS that I also have to pay the transmission fee of R296 per person. The payment method says the cash to be deposited in their Bedbank account. Do you guys did a cash deposit or an EFT. Thanks

We did Nedbank deposit to make the process fast, then we scanned the receipt and sent back to the email.

Helanie

We also made a Nedbank cash deposit and send the original cash deposit receipt / proof (after I made a copy for ourselves) with our passports etc. when we send it to them.

raayu

Thanks. I also made a cash deposit thus morning and email them the deposit slip.

ClaireV

Oh my I haven't been on this forum in ages. So good to hear everyone's success stories! My word we are on a roller coaster here. House sold, plane tickets booked! Question who should I use for sending over about 10 boxes freight?

MaryJane

Oh my I haven't been on this forum in ages. So good to hear everyone's success stories! My word we are on a roller coaster here. House sold, plane tickets booked! Question who should I use for sending over about 10 boxes freight?

We used u-bag. Our boxes arrived within 10 days. No issues encountered at all.

http://www.u-bag.com

GrantM

We used Excess Luggage after seeing positive feedback for them here.

Well, we won't be recommending them. All was good and well until both of our boxes arrived damaged with a really old tea set broken inside. I know Excess Luggage aren't to blame for the damage but we battled for close on 2 months to get the insurance, that they organised, to pay us out. Communication from Excess Luggage was also poor and the time difference didn't help either.

If I were you I might try U-Bag like MJ mentioned.

We used U-Bag too. Happy with their service. All our goods arrived safely in Canada.

raayu

Hi All how long it takes to receive back the passports. It has been around two weeks since we submitted out passports for visa issuance. We have to travel in the week starting on 19th October and requires the passports. Should u follow up from the VFS or CHC?

Helanie

I would follow up with them, Raayu. Ours took 1 week and a day to get back to us - we're in Cape Town. We followed up with VFS as they submitted out passports and they are the people that can follow up with CHC on your behalf.

Good luck!

Edited by Helanie

raayu

Hi I followed up with VFS as well as written to the CHC to return our passports but no response yet. It has been over three weeks now. I am keeping up the hope but this wait is so painful. Can the reject an application after requesting passports?

• Like 1

raayu

Hi Received today an email from a noreply address of VFS global that our processed passports are sent to the Canada visa application centre. Does others also get a similar email who applied through VFS?

Helanie

Hi Raayu, we also received an email however I think you should contact them and speak to the people at VFS just to ensure what the hold up is. They are suppose to be able to enquire on your behalf / at least keep track of your passport etc... throughout the process.

raayu

So finally received our passports back with the visa until 19 June 2016. Such an eventful journey it was. It took exactly one year. Last year on the same day our application reached nova Scotia.

I would like to thank this forum for valuable suggestions!

• Like 4

Miskalo

Congrats Raayu!