Sign in to follow this  
Helanie

October / November / December 2014 applications

raayu

Hi Miskalo and all

I also think it is a good news.

I had been to the CHC on 1st September to enquire about the status of my application. They mentioned that they are currently doing a background check on my application and it may take 2-3 months. Thereafter I noticed that a line 3 was added which is similar to line 5 of Miskalo and my previous line 3 ie medical results have been received become line 4. I was initially worried but was therafter satisfied after noticing others have also got the similar updates.

I need some advise as since they will take up to 3 more months more it will be very difficult for me to get to Canada by 18 June 2016 which is a year from the date of my medical exam. I want to go for an another medical exams sometime in November so that I can have maximum time to land. Can I contact the CHC to send me the forms for medicals or go for an upfront medicals as we did earlier?

MaryJane

I need some advise as since they will take up to 3 more months more it will be very difficult for me to get to Canada by 18 June 2016 which is a year from the date of my medical exam. I want to go for an another medical exams sometime in November so that I can have maximum time to land. Can I contact the CHC to send me the forms for medicals or go for an upfront medicals as we did earlier?

You can try contact them and see if they will let you.

If they are already processing your application, they might have already reviewed your medical results.

The date of your medical will be on your landing paper.

If they are already processing your application, they might have already reviewed your medical results.

MJ, you are correct, we has a similar situation with our medicals. My wife had to go for additional medical tests which meant we only had 5 months to land after our visas were issued. It causes plenty of additional stress.

Raayu, follow MJ's advice and try and get hold of CHC so you can get the proper advice. Don't leave anything to chance, you don't want this happening: https://www.justlanded.com/english/Canada/Articles/Visas-Permits/Expired-visa-means-another-3-year-wait

All the best!

Thanks for sharing that link Lawrence. The best is to get the landing done well before the expiry of your PR visa. Even if that means landing and leaving again. Although not ideal as it means more costs and flights etc., at least this way your landing is done and you get to keep your PR status without having to reapply.

Druce

Druce the timeline for EE system is 6 months - seems like applications are going through the system in about 4 to 5 months at the moment though.

I see there was a discussion on a doctor in Pretoria here: http://www.sacanada.org/topic/19616-dr-johannes-erwin-lingenfelder/?hl=medicals

Raqeul, I am not sure if I will get invited to apply to EE. If not I will have to submit my application normally with my MPNP Certificate to CIC. Any idea of how long this might take?

Raquel

Druce, you do not get invited to apply to EE. EE is the new online system that replaces the old paper application system... So you create a profile online via EE, to Which I believe your PNP certificate will be linked... Then your CRS Score will be calculated which will for sure be greater than 600 as you will have PNP. Then you will receive an invitation to apply when they draw the next round. I think at this point you complete your application... I think it'll be online. Those who have been here will need to confirm this though!

Edited by Raquel

Miskalo
Hello Guys,

Breaking news!!!!!! just collected our PR today 9.30 am. God bless this forum real good for all the advice and guidance received. Words are not enough to thank all of you for the hospitality. MaryJane, Helanie WernerC, maplelove, Lawrence and a host of names that i do not mention........you are all stars.

I am really ecstatic right now. Looking forward to our US Visa application. Yeepeeeeeeee :ilikeit::king::hug::holy:

• Like 3

Druce

Raquel, with MPNP, unfortunately, this is the case. You first have to get invited to apply to EE sub stream by MPNP.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/2015/03/12/frequently-asked-questions-about-manitobas-use-of-express-entry/

I have an active application with the MPNP and would like to use Express Entry. What should I do?

At this stage, only those MPNP applicants directly contacted by the MPNP and advised to do so should submit an Express Entry profile as the MPNP will otherwise not be able to assist you with your Express Entry submission. All applicants should follow the steps outlined in their Letter of Approval from the MPNP when applying for permanent residence.

Please note that candidates who were not nominated through our Express Entry “sub-stream”, but decide to submit an Express Entry profile indicating they are a Provincial Nominee will be removed from the Express Entry pool after 30 days as provinces and territories can only confirm the nomination of those Express Entry candidates that were nominated to designated program categories.

Druce
Hello Guys,
Breaking news!!!!!! just collected our PR today 9.30 am. God bless this forum real good for all the advice and guidance received. Words are not enough to thank all of you for the hospitality. MaryJane, Helanie WernerC, maplelove, Lawrence and a host of names that i do not mention........you are all stars.
I am really ecstatic right now. Looking forward to our US Visa application. Yeepeeeeeeee :ilikeit::king::hug::holy:

Congratulations Miskalo, this is fantastic news!

If I may ask, why are you also doing US Visa applications?

Miskalo

Hi Druce, its for the purpose of a holiday for the family with my cousin based in the US. I rather want to get the Visa here as suggested by people in the forum as i still have a livelihood in SA compared to applying in Canada and not take the risk of a visa refusal. I think Helanie did the same.

• Like 1

Obru

Congratulations Miskalo.

• Like 1

Helanie
Hello Guys,

FANTASTIC!!! YEAH!! So happy for you! Great news!! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Helanie

Hi Druce, its for the purpose of a holiday for the family with my cousin based in the US. I rather want to get the Visa here as suggested by people in the forum as i still have a livelihood in SA compared to applying in Canada and not take the risk of a visa refusal. I think Helanie did the same.

Hi Guys,

I have started a thread (US Visitors / Tourist visa) under General. Miskalo - I think you have seen it! :ilikeit: We applied for US visitors visas as we are living in Cape Town, SA and can easily go for the interview at the US Embassy in Tokai whereas once we are in Canada in Kelowna, BC we can't quickly drive for the interview in Vancouver (about 3.5 - 4.5 hours drive away - we would need to fly to Vancouver, get a taxi blah blah blah and it all ends up costing so more) Our interview was literally like 2 minutes - having travelled to Canada a few times and having the immigrant visa / PR visa definitely helped. People there were very friendly and efficient! We were stressing for nothing! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Raquel

Congrats Miskalo!

@ Druce - gotcha - seems that different rules apply since your application was under pre-EE timeline!

• Like 1

Miskalo

Hi Guys,

I have started a thread (US Visitors / Tourist visa) under General. Miskalo - I think you have seen it! :ilikeit: We applied for US visitors visas as we are living in Cape Town, SA and can easily go for the interview at the US Embassy in Tokai whereas once we are in Canada in Kelowna, BC we can't quickly drive for the interview in Vancouver (about 3.5 - 4.5 hours drive away - we would need to fly to Vancouver, get a taxi blah blah blah and it all ends up costing so more) Our interview was literally like 2 minutes - having travelled to Canada a few times and having the immigrant visa / PR visa definitely helped. People there were very friendly and efficient! We were stressing for nothing! :ilikeit:

Yes Helanie,

I have seen it and i thought it wise to apply from SA because as a landed immigrant in Canada with no jobs yet, it will be a hell of a convincing at the US embassy i suppose! In fact the online process is so detailed that it is advisable to apply while still employed with a very good job in SA than Canada and the Visa fee is so throat cutting for a family of 4 but its all worth it in the end.Now another phase has begun! :boxing: survival is the name of the game :cowboy:

• Like 1

Miskalo

Congrats Miskalo!

@ Druce - gotcha - seems that different rules apply since your application was under pre-EE timeline!

Thank you Raquel

Miskalo

Hi Guys,

Helanie, were you asked where you are staying and how long you goona stay in the US? please share other questions.

• Like 1

Miskalo

Congratulations Miskalo.

Thanks Obru!

Hello Guys,

Firstly, congratulations. You are on your way. Now go celebrate!!!!

Secondly, you are welcome. That's what makes this forum great.

Hello Guys,

Congratulations Miskalo! It's a great words cannot explain feeling when you receive those passports with that Visa inside. Enjoy you deserve it.

CilliersC

Excellent news, Miskalo! All the best for the final stages of planning and logistics!

• Like 1

mbanius

Hi Miskalo,

Please keep us posted about your US visa as I am in the same dilemma of whether to apply from SA while I still have a job here or once I land in Canada. My best friend lives in Chicago and have been to states a number of times before as a tourist but am still debating what is better option.

Thanks in advance

• Like 2

Helanie

Hi Miskalo,

Please keep us posted about your US visa as I am in the same dilemma of whether to apply from SA while I still have a job here or once I land in Canada. My best friend lives in Chicago and have been to states a number of times before as a tourist but am still debating what is better option.

Thanks in advance

Have a look at this thread that I started http://www.sacanada.org/topic/19711-us-visitors-tourist-visa/

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Druce

GOOD NEWS, we received our Letter Of Approval from the Manitoba Province on Friday. We did not get nominated to go through express entry and it states this on the approval letter as well. We wil now submit our application to Central Intake Office and hopefully we will receive our Permanent Residence Visas before June next year.

We have to do Police Clearence next week. Have anyone applied recently? It states that the timeline is 14 working days, what was your experience?

Do you guys think it is possible for us to get our visas by June 2016?

• Like 2

mbanius

HI Helanie,

Thank you for sharing the thread , I was trying to find it yesterday on the forum but had no success , obviously haven't mastered the search tool yet :-)

• Like 1