Sign in to follow this  
Helanie

October / November / December 2014 applications

Hey Melanie!

Safe travels! You are welcome to reach out when you guys arrive. Perhaps we can meet up if you guys are keen.

Meh! I am also out of likes :cry: This sucks!

My likes have reached it's limit! :cry: But I want to like EVERY post! So happy and glad all went well Ash! Melanie - soon you will also experience a first world country! Awesome! :ilikeit:

maplelove

Guys, had been to PVO today to enquire about the status of my application. I was waiting for ppr after submission of medicals and fee receipt. The lady at the counter checked the status and asked me if I was carrying my passport. I handed over our passports and she asked us to wait.

We were there for an hour or so, needless ro say anxiously. That's when she came back saying 'Guys it's done' :) ..yes we got back our passports stamped☺☺☺...made it finally. .Thank yall for your support and guidance. ..

• Like 9

Raquel

Oh wow Pau! Congrats!

• Like 1

maplelove

Oh wow Pau! Congrats!

thanks raquel :)surreal though

Helanie

Fantastic Pau!!! So happy for you!! Great stuff! Congrats - weird feeling though right? Happy but sad but excited but also a bit unsure of what the future holds!! Awesome! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::hug::lol::D:P;):)

• Like 1

maplelove

Yes Helanie..roller coaster ride it was...and yes now its a concoction of emotions :)its great to have people who totally relate to it. .thanks a tonne

• Like 1

Helanie

CAN SO RELATE!!! So happy really! Great to have this news! :king:

Raayu - any news from your side??

• Like 1

WOW! Awesome news Pau! So great that they did it right there and then!

Congrats!

maplelove

Thanks Werner. .we too were pleasantly surprised by this act of VO ? Now, its about landing there asap.Hows Canada treating you?Do you feel at home ?

• Like 1

Druce

Guys, had been to PVO today to enquire about the status of my application. I was waiting for ppr after submission of medicals and fee receipt. The lady at the counter checked the status and asked me if I was carrying my passport. I handed over our passports and she asked us to wait.

We were there for an hour or so, needless ro say anxiously. That's when she came back saying 'Guys it's done' :) ..yes we got back our passports stamped☺☺☺...made it finally. .Thank yall for your support and guidance. ..

Congratulations! If I may ask, with what stream and when did you apply?

• Like 1

maplelove

Hi Druce, i applied in the FSW scheme sometime in Nov 2014

Thanks Werner. .we too were pleasantly surprised by this act of VO ? Now, its about landing there asap.Hows Canada treating you?Do you feel at home ?

HI Pau. We are loving it this far. Now we are just looking to establish ourselves a little better. But all will come in good time.

raayu

Awesome news Pau! They probably have forgotten to send you the passport request as they forgot to send me the forms for the medical exams. I am sure you must have raised numerous CSEs?

Helanie I am still waiting for my passport request. I guess I am now the only one in this forum still waiting. RPRF and PCC were submitted on May 26 and medical were received on July 17. Tell me did you receive your passport request in reply to your CSE? I am thinking of visiting the PVO first Tuesday of September if I not receive the passport request by then.

Helanie

Raayu, I would strongly advise that you lodge a CSE (lodge 1 and then in a week's time another one) and then if you haven't heard anything by the beginning of September - you will have to go to Pretoria. I think there's a massive backlog at Pretoria and I think you might also be lucky like Pau and they issue it on the spot as you have come all the way from Cape Town. Good luck! Hang in there - you are almost at the finish line!!!! Just some silly backlog and you'll be where we are!! :hug::ilikeit:

Druce

I appied 2014 April through Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program (MPNP). This route does take a lot longer than FSW but I do not qualify (have enought EE points) to apply any other way. After I receive my MPNP Certificate (hopefully before the end of the year) I will have to apply to CIC for Permanent Residence. Will this application be done through a office in Canada or also in Pretoria?

maplelove
Raayu

I have been visitng PVO every month since May 2015 and have seen progress everytime. The improvement might not

be phenomenal ,but you see some movement. So strongly suggest that you go to Pretoria on the first tuesday of Sep . And as you said

,they were done with all the checks but for some reason did not send the PPR mail.

The stamped passport for another applicant yesterday when he had gone to enquire about the status. He was told that all his security checks were done 15 days back.

So its just that our application gets put aside and is only picked up when we raise CSE's or pay a vist ;).

All the best!!!

• Like 2

raayu

Thanks Helanie and Pau for the suggestions. I have raised a CSE this morning to enquire about the passport request. I am also thinking of faxing a letter to them, so that they see the hard copy and action on it. It is very important for us to get the PPR by the end of this month, otherwise it will disturb our planning.

I have just one concern that they dont ask for a fresh PCC as the one we submitted to the PVO are now expired. I am guessing that they will not ask for it again.

mbanius

Hi Raayu,

Just to add my experience as well. Going to the PVO first Tuesday of the month does help. We have been going also since May and have got the PPR yesterday after we went once more, they told my husband if he had all the passports with him yesterday they would have stamped them then and there.

Now have to concentrate on courier services and VFS center not to miss anything before getting precious stamp.

Good luck to everyone

• Like 1

MaryJane

I appied 2014 April through Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program (MPNP). This route does take a lot longer than FSW but I do not qualify (have enought EE points) to apply any other way. After I receive my MPNP Certificate (hopefully before the end of the year) I will have to apply to CIC for Permanent Residence. Will this application be done through a office in Canada or also in Pretoria?

Druce, since your application is based on the old process (pre-EE), I would assume that it would follow the old way, where once you receive your nomination certificate from Manitoba, you'd have to send off an application package to CIO Nova Scotia. They'll be reviewing your application and once they're happy with it, they'll transfer it to your local VO, Pretoria, for finalisation.

Druce

Druce, since your application is based on the old process (pre-EE), I would assume that it would follow the old way, where once you receive your nomination certificate from Manitoba, you'd have to send off an application package to CIO Nova Scotia. They'll be reviewing your application and once they're happy with it, they'll transfer it to your local VO, Pretoria, for finalisation.

Hi MaryJane, thank you for answering the question, it is highly appreciated. Some of the MPNP applicants have received instruction to apply to EE after getting the LOA / MPNP Certificate. If I would then apply through EE stream after being instucted by the MPNP, what route will it then follow?

raayu

Point taken mbanius. If we not hear anything by end of June we will go to PVO. Tell me when you got your third line update?

MaryJane

Hi MaryJane, thank you for answering the question, it is highly appreciated. Some of the MPNP applicants have received instruction to apply to EE after getting the LOA / MPNP Certificate. If I would then apply through EE stream after being instucted by the MPNP, what route will it then follow?

Druce, I found these links on CIC website. Maybe they'll help to clarify?

Paper-based application PNP - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp

Online application PNP - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how-ee.asp

There's a big fat note at the top of the page to say that if you receive nomination not for EE, that you should do a paper-based application. However, if you do receive something from MPNP and they tell you to go through EE, then I'd assume you'd need an EE profile to submit documents.

Ultimately, if you are an applicant outside Canada, the visas are only issued at VO level, so your application will still go to Pretoria for the final stamping.

mbanius

Raayu,

We got third line update 10th of May but then they requested my husband's PCC which we sent 1st of June.

Druce

Druce, I found these links on CIC website. Maybe they'll help to clarify?

Paper-based application PNP - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp

Online application PNP - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how-ee.asp

There's a big fat note at the top of the page to say that if you receive nomination not for EE, that you should do a paper-based application. However, if you do receive something from MPNP and they tell you to go through EE, then I'd assume you'd need an EE profile to submit documents.

Ultimately, if you are an applicant outside Canada, the visas are only issued at VO level, so your application will still go to Pretoria for the final stamping.

Thank you for all of the informations, that clears it all up.