Sign in to follow this  
Helanie

October / November / December 2014 applications

Helanie

Hi everyone

Just thought to start a new thread for applications that were submitted near the end of 2014.

Keep us updated if you have received any news so that the rest of us can compare progress and timelines

We send in 2 applications (capped full) and have not yet heard anything back or received a deduction from our cc.

Sybi

Hi Helanie,

We also sent app for NOC 2172 mid Dec, still waiting for CC to be charged.

Holding thumbs there is some movement for us soon :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Helanie

:D Our CC has just been charged!! Super excited!! Step 1 - checked :) :) :) :) :)

GrantM

:D Our CC has just been charged!! Super excited!! Step 1 - checked :) :) :) :) :)

That is amazing news! Congrats!

• Like 1

KReed15063674

Credit Card charged!!!!! One step closer to the amazing life changing move!

Whoop whoop!!

• Like 1

Well done Helanie. IT also means that your CAP was not reached! Great stuff! So excited for you guys! Wait until you get PER then you get even more excited.

PS - Our status is unchanged as per our signatures. We are also late 2014 applicants, so I will post updates here in future.

GrantM

Credit Card charged!!!!! One step closer to the amazing life changing move!

Whoop whoop!!

Yay for you guys!

• Like 1

Sybi

Congrats Guys :ilikeit:

Amazing news indeed! One step closer to living the dream

I am waiting rather impatiently for our CC to be charged... :whistling:

• Like 1

KReed15063674

@ Sybi,

When did you application reach the CIC?

K

Sybi

Hello K

My app reached 17 Dec.... we had some drama with Ielts so that held us back!

With the trend of CC deductions, i hoping we get charged by Mid Feb or there about....

Thanks

KReed15063674

Jip, I was going to say that mid Dec application should be charged between 10 and 15 Feb...according to the CanadaVisa forum anyway :D

Good luck with the wait!

Melaniek

Our application was received on 18th of Dec 2014 so we are also waiting.....

• Like 1

Helanie

Welcome to the waiting game Melanie!!

Melaniek

We had our credit card charged two days ago.... Yeah!!!!!!

• Like 1

Helanie

Great Melanie!!!! Yeah!!

GrantM

We had our credit card charged two days ago.... Yeah!!!!!!

awesome news!
  • Like 1

Raquel

Hi All

Comforting to know that there are others who have made the massive decision to start over! ? I have been following this thread since it started! We have also submitted an application which was received on 12th Dec. Not sure if the charging of our credit card will apply as I sent the fees via wire? Perhaps somebody could clarify which fee is being charged? ?

Hi Rachel. They are referring to the application fee being charged. If you did any other method than via credit card, you would not know if your fee was processed. This is because the bank sends you a text message notification once the charge is deducted on your card. Hope this answers your question.

Great to see the shorter processing times by CIC. I was sharing with one of the other members this morning, our wait times for processing in 2004 was 4 to 5 years. One family in our group waited 7 years. Now it's under a year!

Edited by Lawrence

Raquel

Hi Rachel. They are referring to the application fee being charged. If you did any other method than via credit card, you would not know if your fee was processed. This is because the bank sends you a text message notification once the charge is deducted on your card. Hope this answers your question.

Raquel

@ Werner - thanks for clearing that up ? guess I will need to wait for the next form of correspondance to see how my application is doing... ?

Helanie

Ohh feeling a bit anxious.... We have not yet received our PER email... I guess this is probably normal, right?? I see some applications have received theirs in 2 weeks to 1 month after the CC deduction.... Others later. Have any of you received any correspondence after your CC have been charged?

Edited by Helanie

Helanie

Just one more thing - remember to add / register yourself to the Canada Visa Forum.

GrantM was so kind to share this with me in a different topic:

Everyone shares their timeline and you can monitor the spreadsheet to have an idea of when your application will be checked, charged and sent on to the local VO.

http://www.canadavis...-t199004.0.html

Link to add yourself to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google....WMowAA/viewform

Link to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google....#gid=1627896255

Raquel

Ohh feeling a bit anxious.... We have not yet received our PER email... I guess this is probably normal, right?? I see some applications have received theirs in 2 weeks to 1 month after the CC deduction.... Others later. Have any of you received any correspondence after your CC have been charged?

I don't think you need to stress... I do believe that there is a significant backlog at the CIO of processing applications received late last year due to the high volumes received.

The attorney I am dealing with mention this to me on the on 06th Jan 2015 when I followed up on the status of my application:

"At this time, we have not yet received communication from the CIO regarding the determination of your eligibility. Please note, however, we are currently receiving Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letters for applications submitted in early September."

Based on this timeline I expect you should receive some correspondence around March / April. ;)

Hope this helps in setting your fears aside!

Edited by Raquel Motto-Ros
  • Like 1