Sign in to follow this  
KAREN_01

Reason for unabridged certificates

KAREN_01

I'm filling in my unabridged certificates. What do I fill in at reason for unabridged certificate?

Something like : Immigration purposes? Or is there a correct wording one has to use?

Thanks!

Hi Karen. I found the fact htat we had to supply a reason rediculous! I simply wrote "Immigration to Canada" on mine and no one asked anything.....

Helanie

Same happen to us.... We wrote immigration purposes and have quite an interesting encounter... The government official looked at the form and was quite indifferent / abrupt. When I explained that we are in the process of applying for immigration and that we have family there (in Canada) - he seem the be nicer when I mentioned ''we have family there''. I was quite nervous because I realized that if somehow they did not want to process or was not in the mood to process our unabridged applications BECAUSE of immigration purposes our future could be in jeopardy... We are very dependent on their co-operation and them following the correct efficient process to get the documents required for us in time. Sjoe, just glad we got our documents...

Edited by Helanie