Sign in to follow this  
KReed15063674

Nearing the end of the document collecting nightmare...

KReed15063674

Hi all,

So for the past three months we have been collecting the necessary documents and can finally send in the application!! Woohoo!

I have been reading through the forums quite a lot and have gotten myself confused though...so I'd like to see if I can get some clarity...

I'm following the FSW route...

1. If I have a credit card I can just put money on there and then the CIC will deduct the application fees straight from there? I must fill in the fees form with those credit card details, and it doesn't matter that it isn't MY credit card (I am the principle applicant...)

2. For proof of completion of foreign degree they ask for a copy of your original degree and transcripts if available...are the transcripts really that necessary? It is super difficult for me to get them...

3. The application packet states that I need to send my completed application to Nova Scotia....but I see that many people have to send documents to Pretoria...obvy, I'm a little confused...some clarity from anyone??

I think those are all my questions for now...

I envision a roller coaster of emotions to come...

Cheers!

KReed15063674

Sorry, another question....

How strict are the CIC with regards to police clearance from other countries if you lived their for more than 6 months? My husband was on a working 2 year visa in England a while back so now we are hoping against all hope we don't really have to get police clearance...

If we do have to get it...can anyone assist as to how one does this??

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Sorry, another question....

How strict are the CIC with regards to police clearance from other countries if you lived their for more than 6 months? My husband was on a working 2 year visa in England a while back so now we are hoping against all hope we don't really have to get police clearance...

Yip, police certificates are required of ALL countries where you have lived for 6+ mths. or longer since age 16,

How to get a police certificate (police check) United Kingdom (including England, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)

Do I need to include a police certificate when I apply to become a permanent resident?

Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live inside or outside the United Kingdom, you must apply through the Criminal Records Office of theAssociation of Chief Police Officers (ACPO).

acpowb.jpg

ACPO Criminal Records Office

ACRO issues Police Certificates to people who want to emigrate to a number of countries including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United States of America.

The certificate details whether or not the applicant has a criminal record in the United Kingdom and is required as part of the visa process by the respective High Commission or Embassy.

Please note that the certificate may also include foreign criminal history information where it has been disclosed to the UK.

Certificates are prepared in accordance with ACPO guidelines (please note that these guidelines do not apply to Scottish convictions).

Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQs) page for further information on Police Certificates. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact ACRO Customer Services.

Application forms and guidance can be accessed in various languages by following the links below. Forms must be completed in English.

ACRO is aware of the postal strike in South Africa. If you would like more information on how this could impact your application process before you apply, please contact our Customer Services team on 0845 60 13 999 or 01962 871 111; or email customer.services@acro.pnn.police.uk. International callers should ring 0044 1962 871 111.

Edited by Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

KReed15063674

Thanks for the information!

• Like 1

GrantM

Hi!

1.) Yeah, doesn't matter whos card you use as long as the card holder signs the form. Also make sure that you contact your bank to tell them to expect the charge from Canada. You will only need to put money on the card if you don't have enough credit left on it.

2.) Didn't send mine with and I got PER.

3.) it must go to Nova Scotia. Make sure you send it to their physical address. The people who send stuff to Pretoria are people past the PER stage on the FSW route.

4.) PCC is COMPULSORY for the process. But you do not have to send it with your application, they will request it once your file it transferred to PTA if you haven't included it.

Edited by GrantM

Team R

My two cents - my husband is the principle applicant. We both did S.A Police Clearances and submitted them with all of our docs. I had spent 1.5 years in the U.K but didn't submit that Police Clearance initially.

We waited until they asked for it which was via email when they asked us to go for Medicals. Fortunately the U.K is jacked so it takes a max 10 days to process. In fact we are likely to get it from the U.K before our Medicals date which is the week after next! ;)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to P.M me.

Kind regards,

Monique

KReed15063674

Thank you all so much for the information, I'm feeling less stressed now...

• Like 1

Team R

@KReed15063674

I see you are listed as living in C.T. Why don't you join our Coffee Club? We are meeting on Saturday the 29th.

You can find more info under the Coffee Clubs tab (under Immigration)

Kind regards,

Monique

• Like 1

Sybi

hello,

Another question,

I know proof of funds is compulsory (bank statement), but is it also mandatory to supply detailed spread sheets of proof of assets vs liabilities and documents to support the spreadsheet i.e pension and prov statements, value of house, cars, shares etc etc?

Have any of you NOT done it and got PER, or completeness check on your application?

Thanks

New Ventures

My wife stayed in the UK for about a year. We used ACRO and they were brilliant. We waited 10 days for her clearance certificate.

• Like 1

GrantM

I actually left the assets and liabilities blank, I don't own a house or a car and also don't have any liabilities except for my credit card.

I submitted this schedule along with a bank stamped statement and my pension fund statement. I have got PER.

Settlement%20funds%20letter1.jpg

Sybi

Great, thanks Grant!!

Off topic I know - but do you perhaps have any idea as to what "month" of applicants is the CIC processing at the moment?

We had some issue with our app - when we were finally ready to send we had ielts drama, had to recall it!!,

Anyhoo -- I am not sure if we will make it within the cap for 2171...

I will still send it, but I can't help worrying we might not make it :mellow:

GrantM

Mid August charging has occurred (some late Aug but that's more of an exception I think) according to the Canada Visa Spreadsheet. The caps on the CIC are based on complete applications I believe and I think they are finished checking mid to end September. It's all guesses though.

tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet

Edited by GrantM

KReed15063674

Wow GrantM, you seem to have been very thorough with the proof of funds aspect...might follow your example there.

KReed15063674

@ TeamR,

I'm not sure how that location happened...I'm actually in the sleepy town of Calvinia.... I won't blame anyone for not knowing where that is :P

Otherwise I would have loved to join! Might have calmed the nerves...

GrantM

Wow GrantM, you seem to have been very thorough with the proof of funds aspect...might follow your example there.

I like spreadsheets :) nerd alert!

Ulricke Nelson
On 11/17/2014 at 9:19 AM, GrantM said:

I actually left the assets and liabilities blank, I don't own a house or a car and also don't have any liabilities except for my credit card.

I submitted this schedule along with a bank stamped statement and my pension fund statement. I have got PER.

Settlement%20funds%20letter1.jpg

We are just starting out application process now and came across this post, Does somebody maybe have this file for me to see? It would really help