Sign in to follow this  
Nanna

Interior Decorating Experience

Nanna

Good day fellow sacanadiens,

I have a question, but don't know if it's in the right place.

I am busy applying to study Interior Decorating, with a international recognised institute. Infact, one of their "schools" is in Canada as well.

Now my question,

After I completed my diploma, should I gain South African expierience, or should I apply for an intern job in Canada?

The reason for my question is, is South African expierience going to help met at all?

Hope someone out there can help me.

Thanks,

Nanna

OutOfSa

If you want to come to Canada, don't waste your time with anything SA.

Canadians only want "Canadian Experience"

MaryJane

Hi Nanna, do you already have some kind of visa that will allow you to work in Canada?

The reason I ask is because if you plan to come over as a skilled worker than you'd need at least 1 year experience in your field.

If you apply as an intern in Canada, I'm not sure if you're able to get a work visa for an intern job. Most likely not.

If you already have visa in hand and are just finishing studies before coming over, then OOSA's observation is correct. Canadian experience is important.

Nanna

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. That was exactly what I thought OutOfSa. MaryJane, we haven't applied for any visas yet. Hoping the Express Entry that launches in 2015 will bring good news.

Thanks again.

Nanna