Sign in to follow this  
New Ventures

Armed home invasions picking up again...

New Ventures

Good Luck Onyx and sorry to hear about the bad experience...

I wish you a very smooth immigration process. This forum (actually the people contributing) is truly a blessing.

• Like 1

Sav
On 11/7/2014 at 5:09 PM, AnelleR2008 said:

BTW, my kids all play outside by themselves. We're on 5 acres and they go into the woods, build forts and tree houses, make trails, have treasure hunts. The youngest has to have someone with her when she heads out (she is only 3), everyone else just go by themselves although the 5 year old prefers to have an older sibling with him even when he plays in the sand pit or on the jungle gyms. I insist that he takes the dog with him.
We have no fence. The biggest thing is to teach them not to go in the road. Again, we live in the country so that does come into play.

Just reading this lifts my heart so much. 

• Thanks 1

AnelleR2008
On 7/19/2018 at 5:06 AM, Sav said:

Just reading this lifts my heart so much. 

Oh, this was SO long ago!   We have since moved to rural Nova Scotia.  Our youngest is 6 and plays outside by herself, rides her bike in our dead end street, our second youngest is 9 and actually has a lemonade stand at the local post office in summer :D:D

We live right on the shore of Bras D'Or Lakes and they go down to the beach together (without adult supervision), take the dog for a run in the public woods that border our property, etc. 

• Like 1