Sign in to follow this  
Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Does anyone have a pet-friendly basement suite to rent in NW Calgary?

Might help if we could find a temp. place for 6 mths. to stay in while we have time to look for a more permanent place.

Just throwing it out here as a request as we are going nuts trying to find a place while still in Vancouver.

Plus, today the company indicated they would like hubby there asap, so we have less time to coast at Durban spoed than we thought.

Please let me know if you or someone you know has a place.

Thank you.

M-N

Hey Ingrid,

We're going to look at an apartment in Panorama Hills, NW later. might not end up taking it because I think it'll be bit too small for us (one bedroom) and we are looking for something more long term. I'm sure it'll be good-enough for you for short term atleast. Will have a chat to the landlord about the animals and the lease if you'd like.

Edited by M-N
  • Like 1

Hey Ingrid,

We're going to look at an apartment in Panorama Hills, NW later. might not end up taking it because I think it'll be bit too small for us (one bedroom) and we are looking for something more long term. I'm sure it'll be good-enough for you for short term atleast. Will have a chat to the landlord about the animals and the lease if you'd like.

Yes, please!!! That would be a good start, thank you.

We have a med.sized dog and cat, both well-behaved and house-trained.

Thank you so much. :):):)

We found a place to rent today...so thankful! :cowboy:

M-N

Yay!

• Like 1

LilyZA

Hi Ingrid - Congratulations!!! :)

Do you mind sharing with us where you looked & who you chatted to?

Thanks!

Lily

• Like 1

Hi Ingrid - Congratulations!!! :)

Do you mind sharing with us where you looked & who you chatted to?

Thanks!

Lily

Thank you Lily. We are very relieved, believe me. Also happy that we found a house with a vey nice garden/fenced in area for our dog.

This particular house I found on RentFaster.ca at about 2am in the morning. By the time I called the property management agent in the morning, he had not even seen the house himself yet - it was a brand-new listing

If you need help, Sideline referred me to this SA realtor agent, and we contacted him as well.

JC did his utmost to find us apartments/houses etc. He also manages some. Amazing agent! If we ever bought a place in Calgary, JC would be a most definite choice to approach for help/his services.

It is worth while contacting him as well:

JC van der Walt

Realty Executives Apex

1212 – 31 Avenue NE

Calgary, AB T2E 7S8

(403) 250-5803 (24 hours)

(403) 681-8320 (cell)

(403) 247-8370 (fax)

jcvdw@shaw.ca

jc-executivehomes.com

Edited by Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell
  • Like 1

LilyZA

That's fantastic! Thank you Ingrid :ilikeit:

• Like 1

M-N

That's fantastic! Thank you Ingrid :ilikeit:

Hi Lily, I would definitely recommend JC too. He took us to go view a condo and was looking out for other places for us. Fortunately for us we found our new condo on rentfaster.ca.

Let me know if you need any advise or help and I'll try my best to assist you.

PS. the good places go REALLY fast so the whole thing about "we'll get back to you" doesn't work out well here. :whistling:

Edited by M-N
  • Like 1

LilyZA

Yay! Congrats on your condo :) Do you move in straight away or in Dec? Is it furnished? May I ask how much to budget +-? We were thinking around $1200?

Will definitely give JC a shout closer to the time, thank you!

M-N

Yay! Congrats on your condo :) Do you move in straight away or in Dec? Is it furnished? May I ask how much to budget +-? We were thinking around $1200?

Will definitely give JC a shout closer to the time, thank you!

Hey,

We're moving in on the 1st. The place is unfurnished, however, with almost all of the places we looked at, it comes standard with a fridge, dishwasher, microwave (sometimes) and depending on the type of unit, you'll get a washing machine & dryer either for yourself, shared or communal, so that does help with the furniture budget. Like a lot!

When are you planning on landing?

• Like 1

Hey,

We're moving in on the 1st. The place is unfurnished, however, with almost all of the places we looked at, it comes standard with a fridge, dishwasher, microwave (sometimes) and depending on the type of unit, you'll get a washing machine & dryer either for yourself, shared or communal, so that does help with the furniture budget. Like a lot!

When are you planning on landing?

Look like we are all arriving/moving in within a few days of each other. :)

We have to tackle them Rockies with a uHaul soon. If we get snowed in on the way, we will just declare it a vacation day. B)

Just have to find out what hotels take pets en route.

M-N

Look like we are all arriving/moving in within a few days of each other. :)

We have to tackle them Rockies with a uHaul soon. If we get snowed in on the way, we will just declare it a vacation day. B)

Just have to find out what hotels take pets en route.

That sounds great! Lol, I'd start planning that "vacation " now. ?
  • Like 1