Sign in to follow this  
Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Johns Hopkins Scientist's Report on Flu Vaccines

Johns Hopkins Scientist Reveals Shocking Report on Flu Vaccines

Quote from article: For most people, says Dr. Blaylock, flu vaccines don’t prevent the flu but actually increase the odds of getting it. The mercury contained in vaccines is such a strong immune depressant that a flu shot suppresses immunity for several weeks. “This makes people highly susceptible to catching the flu,” he says. “They may even think the vaccine gave them the flu, but that’s not true — it depressed their immune system and then they caught the flu.”

Mercury overstimulates the brain for several years, says Dr. Blaylock, and that activation is the cause of Alzheimer’s and other degenerative diseases. One study found that those who get the flu vaccine for three to five years increase their risk of Alzheimer’s disease 10-fold.

http://www.realfarmacy.com/johns-hopkins-scientist-reveals-shocking-report-flu-vaccines/

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

I have never taken the flu vaccine and don't intend to for the simple reason I react very easily to many chemicals/medications.

OutOfSa

Yeah, I don't know - this is such a contentious issue - All I know is that is that I have been against it for a long time. None of my family get the 'the shot' - and we seldom get sick, and no flu for as long as I can remember. (But I get called irresponsible) Mind you, my kids did get the other shots, Mumps, HPV etc, one cannot dispute small pox, polio etc - but then I personally don't classify them in the same league...

My decision came after I became really ill one year after getting the shot, I had my own business - so I had to work, but even the simplest of tasks made me pant. I worked out that every year I got the shot, I got sick - since then (about 20 years), I have not had the shot and not gotten sick - not flu or a head cold.

But what is far worse for me (and the reason I don't do my kids) - we made friends in our prenatal classes - and remained as our kids grew up - they got their daughter vaccinated and she came down with a 'mysterious' rheumatoid arthritis within a few weeks of the vaccine. Within a year, she was unable to move. My wife and I used to shed tears watching our kids playing with this previously healthy toddler who could now just smile and giggle and barely move. There was no proof, but I did a lot of research after that and found out that there are many, many arthritis cases that appeared after a flu shot - though, people will shout me down - just my observations. Arthritis (as I understand it) is basically an autoimmune response of the body, so perhaps injecting junk into the body that was made in a hurry, might cause other immune responses - I'm not a doctors so perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree here.

My kids are both teens now, and I'm not even sure they ever have had real flu, just head colds. I have, and I was almost unable to walk - and that was after having a flu shot.

My secret - I read many years ago about a study that won awards - I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but they worked out that the primary entrance of flu and head cold viruses was via a finger in the eye. I.e - touch someone / thing, then stick you finger into the corner of your eye - every one does it all the time. The virus has perfected it's transmission mechanism - so I never touch my eyes with my fingers - use a knuckle - and I always limit my hands on railings etc.

It's worked for me...

One other thing I got hauled over the coals about was a graze my daughter got on her knee - as a boy, I got more grazes on me than I can shake a stick at - My bike, me, and my go-cart spent a lot of time sliding across the asphalt with me as the cushion under the wheels! We used to clean the wound, OW! And let it dry with Mercurochrome (banned) or Gentian violet. I don't have any real scars. Now my daughter grazed her knee - I said to clean and leave it, our friends went through the roof - off to the doctor - she called me a neanderthal from the dark ages. She bandaged that thing up like a war wound. The long and short of it is it took AGES to heal, and looks like an axe wound.

I dunno, call me old fashioned, a neanderthal, and from the dark ages - but I think my treatment works way better than that..... (And it does not bog down the heath system with nonsense....)

Sometimes in this world, less is more?

Edited by OutOfSa
  • Like 3

Lizelle

Gentian Violet!!! THAT's what it's called!!! We've been trying to remember what the purple stuff was that we always used in SA.

I agree with the clean it and leave it approach. Wounds needs air :) (not sure if there are any scientific proof to that statement, but it's what I find). My dad's approach these days is to let the dog lick it clean a bit and leave it, works for him every time :)

Hmm, as someone that just got the flu vaccine yesterday (my arm still hurts), and gave it to my to kids (3 and 7), this is a bit concerning (in general I don't have a very strong opinion about the flu vaccine either positive or negative, it depends on if I walk past a place to do the vaccine and if it is convenient at that stage to do it). I find, though, that with the vaccine debate that it is ridiculously hard to find out the crock-pot from the true. In general I try to find the actual study that was done, and look at the actual statistics (like the way the media are fond of saying "Doing this will DOUBLE your chance of dying!!!!!!!!", but then when you look at the actual statistics, it shows that the risk went up from 0.01% to 0.02%. So, yes, it doubled, but 0.02% is not something I will concern myself with) I'll be having a look at the study about the people older than 50 that are more prone to Alzheimer's. I'm also interested in why it should be zero effective in kids under 5 (what happens in their anatomy that will possibly change at 5?). In general I try give the kids more nutrient dense foods in winter (we're gonna try getting them to drink some bone broth from time to time, and when they get sick, or ever so often, I give them elderberry syrup (my daughter calls it berry juice - reminds me of the "Gummy Bears" story :), and she HATES it - there was some study somewhere that shows that elderberry boosts the immune system, and that it helps shorten symptoms)

I agree with OutOfSa that there is a difference between the normal vaccines and the flu vaccine. My kids got all their vaccines (and a bunch more when we moved to a tropical island, and then a bunch more before we visited SA for the first time this year) , but I guess I know how I will be spending the rest of this week :)

Oh, and that comment about wiping your eyes with your knuckles are brilliant! I will definitely try and make that a habit (and get the kids to do it)

Edited by Lizelle
  • Like 1

Sparky2

Yes, 'monkey blood' and gentian violet are my best ways of healing countless roasties on knees, elbows, hands,etc (after sterilizing it) To close in plaster/bandages is the wrong thing to do.

I haven't had a Flu shot as long as I can remember and I have not had flu either......so why get a flu shot??

This is each person's choice for them and their family. Each person should do their own research.

Cathy K

There are hundreds of flu and flu related deaths each year. The very young and elderly are most vulnerable. I would much rather be on the safe side. Also, individual doses of the flu vaccine contains no mercury and the minuscule amount in larger doses is less than that in a tuna tin.

http://immunizebc.ca/healthcare-professionals/questions-about-influenza-vaccine

Doctors are often the most supportive of child vaccines and they have their children vaccinated. These statistics explain why.

http://www.scitechnerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/impact-of-vaccines-in-the-us.jpg

AnelleR2008

After research we're decided not to do the flu vaccine. We also decline a few others. We don't argue about it or try to change anyone else's minds. It is a decision we made for OUR family.

• Like 1

Nelline

I do believe kiddies should be vaccinated but say no to the 'flu vaccine... have never had it and can't remember ever getting the 'flu. (HopeI'm not tempting fate here lol!)

• Like 1

Tracey22

Hubby gets the flu shot cos he is in the high risk category. When he gets flu, he can get it so bad he ends up being in hospital. The rest of the family does not get the shot, and if we get sick, we are generally only in bed for a few days.

Guest Petros

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/flushot.asp

The John Hopkins article has been around for ages - have a read what snopes.com says (they record urban legends)

Personally I am a keen supporter of the flue shot --- pretty much like small pox innoculation same principle and who of us would not have a small pox shot?

Edited by Petros
  • Like 1

OutOfSa

You win !!! :)

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/flushot.asp

The John Hopkins articel has been around for ages - have a read what snopes.com says (they record urban legends)

Personally I am a keen supporter of the flue shot --- pretty much like small pox innoculation same principle and who of us would not have a small pox shot?

:blush: Oops. I got caught by believing information, which it seems is only partially true.

Thanks Petros. :oops:

First time I've had a "best answer" ------ yay!!

Gotta give credit, where credit is due! :ilikeit:

Now can you also use those same whizz skills and help us find a place to stay at in Calgary?!! Sigh. :mellow: