Sign in to follow this  
Reshen

Medicals

Reshen

hi guys

hope you are all well

Has anyone used world travel consultants in jhb for their medicals and if so please can you tell me about your experience with them

Thanks

Claire T

Hi Reshen,

We are going for our medicals with them on Wednesday! I will let you know how it goes! :ph34r:

They were very efficient in the setting up of the appointment.

• Like 2

Reshen

hi Claire

Thats great we have a appointment for next monday

Will wait to hear from you

Enjoy the evening

Gavin Mac

Never heard of them. This must be something new.

The last time I checked, CIC send you to a prescribed list of Doctors on their list that you have to use.

Claire T

Hi Gavin,

This practice is on the list. There are about 4 or 5 doctors just from this practice alone.

Gavin Mac

Wow, I never knew that.

There are just so many scams going around these days who people pay money to.

Ed&Ash

Hi All

We went there for our medicals today. They were extremely friendly, helpful and explained every part of procedure to each of us.

My wife tends to be nervous when going to doctors but the experience was very easy on all of us, including our 7 year old daughter.

Everything ran smoothly, from the x-rays to the blood tests - We'd definitely recommend using them for the medicals.

(They use the e-medicals system which is so efficient!)

• Like 2

M-N

We used Dr. Singer from the Linksfield clinic. Loved him. Got an appointment quite quickly and he was really friendly amd just made us feel relaxed and he is open on Sundays!

SASHA123

Thanks for everyone's comments.

I contacted them last week for an appointment for early next year (waiting for baby to arrive) and was very impressed with how helpful, informative and friendly they are...therefore my mind is made up - will definitely use them...

If anyone else has feedback, please share :ilikeit:

Claire T

So today we went for our medicals!

We used the Worldwide Travel Medical Consultants in the Northcliff Health Centre.

It was a 4 and a half hour process (for a family of 4), but it all went relatively smoothly! The staff are very friendly and helpful and didn't seem to mind our 2 rambunctious children too much. :whistling:

The medical process itself is very basic. Apart from the bloods required from adults and the chest x-rays, the rest is really non-invasive.

Jules

Non-invasive? The err.... "cough test" for the men is a little "invasive" for my liking...

Sideline

Oddly I didn't have to "cough test" when we did our medicals. But yes that old army entry exam is a little on the "personal space" "invasive" side :-)

Jules

Oddly I didn't have to "cough test" when we did our medicals. But yes that old army entry exam is a little on the "personal space" "invasive" side :-)

You never had it? I'm suddenly having questions about that doctor then... He could've at least bought me a drink first lol

Nelline

lol Jules!!!!

Claire T

Lol Jules...They don't seem to include that in the medicals anymore!!

Jules, I don't recall having the "cough test" either? Maybe your doctor was ex SADF or I would be very concerned.......

Jules

I feel so used lol.

It was about 11 years ago so maybe they changed the test, or... (This is when I try to think happy thoughts).

Gavin Mac

On a lighter note...........(lol)

I can still remember going for our medicals at the doctor's office on Lynnwood Rd in Pretoria.

I got on the scale and he said "With that weight you won't get into NZ" He basically implied that I was too fat.

I said we're going to Canada. Apparently NZ are more strict regarding their medicals.

• Like 1

GrantM

On a lighter note...........(lol)

I can still remember going for our medicals at the doctor's office on Lynnwood Rd in Pretoria.

I got on the scale and he said "With that weight you won't get into NZ" He basically implied that I was too fat.

I said we're going to Canada. Apparently NZ are more strict regarding their medicals.

Well, that's nice of him to say... Sheesh.

Nelline

Y'all made me smile this evening Jules and Gavin Mac!

Team R

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had their Medicals done in Cape Town? I see there are a few doctors all working out of the same practice is Christian Barnard Chambers.

Thanks.

chantelie

Hi TeamR

We did our medicals by them. We did not have any problems all went well and did not take to long either!

Team R

@chantelie - thanks so much. Flipping expensive though! :/

GrantM

@chantelie - thanks so much. Flipping expensive though! :/

What's the damage?

Team R

Per person:

Medical - R840

X-rays - R500

Blood test - R250

Just over R3000 for 2 adults... :/