Sign in to follow this  
Old Van

Lower Mainland Social Initiative

Old Van

Just a reminder here fellers! See you on Saturday! And bring more friends!

Nick, are you coming?

ENGinCT

Which bar... hic! ...?

Old Van

Same place as the last time. Gillnetter at 3:00 pm.

canuck nick

Any chance you can change the date to Saturday 28 Feb? This Saturday I will be in Langley the whole day for my daughter's volleyball tournament. Next Saturday is a church event and Saturday 21 Feb is another volleybal tournament the whole day in Surrey.

Old Van

Ok, so with the latest happenings in mind. Guys, the get together is still (now definitely!) on for Saturday at 3:00pm at Gilnetters Pub. Petros, not sure if you can still see this, but I'm hoping you'll be there. We'll have to find another way to announce our socials, which we can discuss on Saturday. I've invited 5 other guys that aren't on the forum, and 3 have confirmed for Saturday. So it's going to be a big one!

See you all on Saturday.

(Nick we can probably do another one on the 28th but I got a few text messages last night and everybody is keen for the one coming up this Saturday.)

canuck nick

no prob. I will see you okes sooner or later.

Old Van

Thanks guys! Great get together with two new faces! Pretty soon we'll need a bigger venue! So I was volunteered to organize the next one, and it will be a family get together, like we discussed? I was wondering how the 8th of March sounds? Day after time change, and weather permitting, a braai in a park somewhere? Or the next weekend on the Saturday the 14th.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Great Van, you folk have a good thing going. Toronto might be the world's best city to live in, but we are pretty slapgat :unsure: when it comes to arranging gatherings like you okes out West!

Edited by Lawrence

ENGinCT

Both dates are OK for me.

Van, you forgot to mention that we had a distinguished guest speaker in attendance....

Old Van

Ok, so I'm trying to put together another social here. I was thinking a family affair. Something like a picnic type get-together in a park somewhere? I was thinking maybe we should aim for the 14th of March? It is dicey with the sudden weather changes that can occur, but let's plan it so long and then we'll see what the weather does. So it's down to venue now. I'm thinking of taking a drive to scout out some locations with some facilities like maybe some shelter and braai facilities?

Also, it's just not the same with Petros being persona non grata. So how can we figure out a place to announce this and keep it alive?? Maybe a Facebook page? Thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated!

ENGinCT

Petros isn't persona non grata, as far as I know... I hope he's just lurking unseen and will, soon, make a well-timed and dramatic return!

:ilikeit:

ENGinCT

Edited - double post.

Edited by ENGinCT

canuck nick

Rocky Point Park in Port Moody pehaps?

Africa Trading is 2 blocks away, so you can go get your biltong and dry wors fix at the same time.

Old Van

Yes Nick that could work. I was also wondering about Barnet Marine Park and Mundy Park. I was also toying with the idea of going to Grant Narrows and take my boat so I have folks take turns for a quick ride around Pitt River/Lake. On second thought, it may still be a little chilly for that. But some thoughts would be appreciated.

ENGinCT

Okies - we seem to have missed a beer opportunity!

How about this coming Saturday, the 21st?

ENGinCT

Who disbanded the Lower Mainland Old Balies Club??

:badidea:

East to West Coast

Not yet disbanded! ENGinCT, it seems we are on spring-break.

Maybe it is time we have a get together in your valley!

• Like 1

Old Van

Yes, NOT disbanded! Just that there was no takers it seemed on my last suggestion. So it seems everybody got busy with spring cleaning etc!

Also, I haven't been on the forum lately and the activity of most of the other Fraser Valley O.B.C guys have also dwindled, maybe because Petros is gone, so I think we'll just communicate amongst each other from now on. Watch your cell phone for a text ENGinCT! Or like Hans says, let us know where and when in your valley.

Edited by Old Van

jonathan.b

I'm still keen when there's a meeting happening again!

ENGinCT

**** Breaking news ***

The Lower Mainland Old Balies' Club is holding its next meeting this Saturday, 18 April, at 4pm at the Gillnetter Pub in Port Coquitlam.

New faces are welcome, as are younger balies. No ball-and-chains, though... :-)

*** Bring your problems - leave with a smile! All treatments are low-cost! Satisfaction guaranteed! ***

Nick, Jonathan, Mr Eva - c'mon!

Edited by ENGinCT

canuck nick

I will be there!

ENGinCT

A good time was had by all, as usual. Thanks for the lekker afternoon, gents!

Nick finally got to join, and two more new/future members almost made it!

May - here we come!

canuck nick

I'm ordering the fish n chips next time!