Sign in to follow this  
Old Van

Lower Mainland Social Initiative

Old Van

So after Hijacking a thread it ended up with Petros and I meeting up for a "kuier" on Saturday. Even though it ended up being just the two of us, I certainly had a ball, and I think Petros did too. We chatted for 3 hours and there was a lot more we wanted to talk about, but I think we both knew we had to get home to keep the peace! :)

We would like to make this a regular occurrence and we were thinking of having it at a different venue each time. So I'll "host" the next one in Maple Ridge on the 15th of November at 4:00 pm at the Black Sheep: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Black+Sheep+Pub/@49.237402,-122.579329,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x54842b5234677393:0xbcea51144945bbe5?hl=en

We would love it if more people can join us and there's no age restriction.

Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Edited by Old Van
  • Like 1

Best wishes, we have a few of these events going in Ontario and most times are well attended.

jonathan.b

I'll see if I can make it next time and not get lost!

• Like 1

Guest Petros

Bring your dad. Public transport from your area to Maple Ridge will take a loooong time its not really an option (just saying)

Johan Barnard

Would love to go but I am working that day

The first and best piece of electronic equipment I purchased in Canada was my GPS. Would have been lost without it..........

Old Van

Just a heads up for Saturday the 15th (two weeks from now). The FVOBC will meet in Maple Ridge (See first post). And although I really don't mind having a "kuier" with just Petros, the more the merrier!

ENGinCT

Me too...

jonathan.b

I've recently got a job, which requires me to work weekends.

I'll speak to my Dad, maybe he can join you guys?

Guest Petros

Yes open invitation all male Saffers welcome, congrats on getting a job

jonathan.b

Thanks man. I've realized how having a full time job (by default) makes you that much more immersed in Canadian culture.

Looking forward to my first pay check :ilikeit:

canuck nick

Thanks man. I've realized how having a full time job (by default) makes you that much more immersed in Canadian culture.

Looking forward to my first pay check :ilikeit:

Hey, this is Canada, not America. It's spelt 'cheque'! :D

• Like 1

Old Van

I can hardly contain myself. :D

ENGinCT

Is this a 'bromance'...?

:-)

Old Van

I wouldn't go quite that far ENGinCT! :P

Sideline

And we were just in lower BC this last week-end. Well through it going to Montana.

Guest Petros

Is this a 'bromance'...?

:-)

Dont knock manlove ala Africa style :rolleyes: Come join and we can hug it out

Joleen

Open invitation, but no female Saffers welcome? That sounds very closed to me... I thought of dragging hubby down there but now I am not welcome...

ENGinCT

I'll be kuiering along... pity the timing is out of sync with the Bok game.

OutOfSa

Dont knock manlove ala Africa style :rolleyes: Come join and we can hug it out

Yeah, keep one hand on your wallet while you hug it out, Africa style !

Guest Petros

Joleen Joleen Joleen -------- your poor husband :whistling: unlock the chain and set him free just for a few hours. Sometimes men just need a bit of man time you know. We need to be able to sit around and just be guys without the added dynamics of a member of the opposite sex around to throw things out of kilter with some potentially awful consequences.

Possible scenario

Imagine that we fall for the blackmail and say well ok we will break the first rule (and GOLDEN unbreakable rule) and allow a woman. Now what if you find one of the other guys there very handsome you fall in love and leave your husband then poor Deon will be responsible for breaking up a union. He will get depressed and end up in therapy, his wife would eventually leave him (so a second union will be destroyed).

Meanwhile the mens social initiative will get a very bad reputation and any man that has any manner of involvment with it will automatically be under suspicion and immigrant wives across the Lower Mainland will be investigating their husbands cell phones to find proof of infidelity.

Lets say that by accident one of these suspicious wives happens to stumble upon some pretty sneaky tax manipulations that her significant other has been doing. In true Canadian character she deciding that she cannot live with the knowledge that the love of her life is cheating the tax man decides to report him.

CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) investigates and based on the results (and they find millions of undeclared dollars) decides to extend the investigation to all South Africans. Their investigations may bring up a bunch of stuff including the illegal importation of biltong and droe wors. This gets reported to Ottawa and the Immigration minister decides to put on hold on all applications from SA and to deport all South Africans.

So you see Joleen despite an overwhelming desire to change the age old Roman Dutch rule of " De vrauen ist nie welkommen" we cannot risk it for the great good of all of us.

But please do allow your husband to come.

Sadly but truly respectfully yours

Petros.

• Like 1

ENGinCT

A most elegant post, sir.