Sign in to follow this  
Team R

FSW applications submitted in May 2014

GrantM

Yay Grant! :)

yay! Quite relieved!

GrantM

Grant! What fantastic news! Very happy for you!

@Petrus...nothing!!! :cry:

Thanks Claire, now the wait till 9 Feb begins!

Hey GrantM - Congrats man! Sooooooo excited for you guys! The end is in sight!

GrantM

Hey GrantM - Congrats man! Sooooooo excited for you guys! The end is in sight!

Thanks WernerC,

This wait from AOR to MR has been very taxing!

I'm sure GrantM. It seems like it took forever!

It seems to be a good day for both you guys and us! Our consultant just sent our PER! It was officially sent on 12 Jan..... So much of good news!

Great news all round!

Edited by WernerC

GrantM

I'm sure GrantM. It seems like it took forever! It seems to be a good day for both you guys and us! Our PER received just now as well!

Great news all round!

Awesome news!

Leigh

Hi Everyone,

Something odd happended today, when they tried to deliver my passport (after receiving the notice that PR visa is ready to be issued) to the Canadian High Commission in Pretoria. It was refused.

Some representative told the delivery person that the High Commission does not accept passports anymore and that all passports have to go through the Visa Application Centre.

After a long discussion and some hesitance on the delivery person's part to just take this rep's words at face value, this representative called someone else and this second representative also stated that they don't accept passports at the High Commission anymore and that VFS has to be used. End of discussion.

Unfortunately, I wasn't there and am therefore relaying the information as it was provided to me.

With the time difference, I was sleeping while all this happened and only read all the emails around what they should do and what I want them to do, from the delivery people my morning (SA afternoon) - they therefore made the call and delivered it to the Visa Application Centre.

The point being - I'm not too worried about having the vsa submitted through VFS. I'm more concerned with the fact that they wouldn't accept my passport even though the notice to issue visa clearly states that one has an option to go directly to embassy or through VFS. I sent an email to the high commission voicing my opinion and thoughts on this bizarre matter and the additional time and cost involved in not being provided the correct information, but haven't heard back.

Thoughts anybody?

GrantM

Well this is crap news...

Team R

Eish. We have also arranged for UPS to collect our passports on our behalf. Will give feedback here once we hear anything. The email from Pretoria did estimate it would take 2 weeks until it is ready for collection so we still have a bit of a wait.

Side note - could the problem be that you didn't give your rep permission to collect your passports? Maybe they had an issue about the third party. Just a thought...

Leigh

@Team R

Well, this happened with the delivery of the passports at the High Commission, not the collection thereof - and it was being delivered by a courier company.

Have you already delivered your passports to the High Commission then?

I'm hoping that this was just some miscommunication between the courier company I used and the person that accepts packages at the High commission - a once off scenario. I'll keep everyone posted on the response from the High Commission, if any response at all.

PJ&Mariska

Im pretty concerned by now. Not even our ECAS states that the medical results has been received. Looking at other people who did medicals way after us, even they have received the results.

GrantM

Im pretty concerned by now. Not even our ECAS states that the medical results has been received. Looking at other people who did medicals way after us, even they have received the results.

Holding thumbs for you guys! Have you ordered your GCMS notes?

wernerb

Hi all;

we should have our AOR the first week in February...

How much time does one have to do medicals...? when does the expiry date counter start... after medicals have been completed or when they have been requested.

I know after the visa has been issued we have one year... so when does that counter start.

Was just wondering.

W

GrantM

Hi all;

we should have our AOR the first week in February...

How much time does one have to do medicals...? when does the expiry date counter start... after medicals have been completed or when they have been requested.

I know after the visa has been issued we have one year... so when does that counter start.

Was just wondering.

W

On our medical request documents it states 30 days from the date of the letter.

b63c5bd0-117a-4089-9f8b-60f28d1f169bCapt

But on the RPRF and MR email it says you have 60 days to comply:

6c0f005b-1bad-4c52-a7ef-ec721d1777a9Capt

It seems confusing but I think you have to actually take medicals within 30 days but you have 60 days to submit them as well as the RPRF.

Edited by GrantM

PJ&Mariska

Holding thumbs for you guys! Have you ordered your GCMS notes?

GCMS Notes?

GrantM

Global case management system notes - basically tells you exactly what is going on with your application. It details the VISA officers comments etc. Takes a while apparently.

If you know someone in Canada it only costs $5:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

Otherwise:

http://www.caips.ca/

http://www.visafile.info/

Here is a sample of what it looks like:

http://www.gcmsnotes.com/Sample_GCMS_File.pdf

Edited by GrantM

Team R

@PJ&Mariska

I think it may be working backwards in order of who went for Medicals first.... I strongly suspect they work in piles. We were one of the last to go for Medicals in our May group, and one of the first to have Passport Request.

So, maybe look at who submitted before you with their initial application - rather use them as a judged when to hear something. For example, a good comparison might be Claire. What don't you guys stay in touch? If you still haven't heard a week after she has had Passport Requests, then maybe order the GCMS. It is a once-off snap shot so you want to get it at a good time.

Hold tight - you'll hear something soon! :)

Team R

@Leigh

I have just checked our tracking number online and our Passports have been listed as "Delivered" on Monday.

Hope you come right!

Team R

@wernerb

How much time does one have to do medicals: 30 days - *** there is usually a bit of waiting with booking a Medical Request date but you will get one within 30 days. Just take the first available date.

When does the expiry date counter start... after medicals have been completed or when they have been requested - *** only one your application has been processed and you receive an email requesting your passports does it tell you that you have ONE YEAR to enter Canada from:

1. The date you went for your Medical or,

2. The date your Passport expires

Whatever comes sooner.

I know after the visa has been issued we have one year... so when does that counter start - *** from the date of your medical.

In our case:

We went for Medicals in Nov 2014

We received Passport Requests in Jan 2015

We will get our Passports back with our visa stamped in them in Jan 2015

We have to arrive in Canada before Nov 2015

Hope that makes sense.

All the best!

AndrewT

I know how you feel... at least our medicals were received around the 13th November (on eCas). But it's over two months later, and we have heard nothing.

Do you have proof that your panel doctor uploaded the medical results onto the eMedicals system? Did the doctor send you an e-mail with the information sheet and health case details (2 pdf docs each) for forwarding to the Pretoria VO? If not, it might be worth following up with the panel doctor to make absolutely sure that they completed their part of the processing.

Edited by AndrewT

Leigh

@ Team R

Thanks for the additional information! Based on your successful delivery of passports, I'm guessing that I either had a new/confused/inexperienced delivery person or caught the rep at the High Commission on a bad day.

Received a tracking number from VFS (after passport was delivered to them instead of High Commission) and apparently passport was delivered to High Commission today. Slightly annoyed as VFS is pretty much being paid a fee (by me) for doing exactly what I was trying to do - deliver the passport directly to the High Commission.

wernerb

Thanx Team R!!..

This helps alot!

mbanius

Hi All,

I need some advice since I am really starting to panic now. My AOR has been received on 19th November, same as GrantM but until today my application status is still : we have received your application on July 7th 2014. While I see GrantM has received medical requests already. Any advice? I did send them an csse specific email informing them that I have changed my jobs on 2nd November, haven't received the response yet, I called CIC and they said when the case is moved to visa office they are the only ones who should be contacted. But I cannot reach them via phone, they don't respond to emails , I am really starting to get desperate. Any advice is welcome.

Claire T

Hi Mbanius,

Sadly, the only advice I can offer is to sit tight! We are sort of in the same boat having done our medicals on 22 October, and still waiting for passport requests. The wait is agonising! <_<

Don't panic, and don't send too many emails to the visa office either. The last thing you want to do is annoy the person processing your file. Currently they will be doing all sorts of background checks and verifying information on your file. If you have a complex history, that could take time. Also we are just coming out of the stupor that descends on the country over Christmas and New Year with everyone being on summer holidays.

Try and be patient. Try to carry on with life as normally as you can.

And then there's always wine or rescue drops! :whistling:

Best wishes!

mbanius

Thank you Claire,

I am aware that I am supposed to have strong nerves for waiting but it is hard . I have requested my file to see what might be the issue and why they haven't started processing my case yet. I am a bit more complicated case as I am not SA citizen but only permanent resident. Still that hasn't stopped the CIC Canada part to go as fast as everyone else's