Sign in to follow this  
Team R

FSW applications submitted in May 2014

GrantM

We got our Medical Requests today! :) Also, a request for me to submit a U.K Police Clearance as I spent longer than 1 year in London. I have certainly leant patience these last few weeks! :)

Nice one!!!! Do you think yours took longer than expected to come through because your file was a bit more complicated?

Coetzee's

Congratulations!

Team R

@GrantM - the only 2 things we can think of is (and we are pulling at straws because we really don't know) 1) A spend 1.5 years working in the U.K so that triggered a request for a U.K Police Clearance and 2) we spent a year traveling around the world - when they asked for the cities and countries we visited in the last 10 years it did involve mailing through an extra 4 A4 pages (sigh!)

Maybe they took the extra time to read through all those city names - lol!

Like everyone has said - patience! I was tempted to send off a Query as I got worried - am so glad I didn't. There is a process and they are just going step by step.

Just to note - not AOR for us either, just straight to Medical Requests! :)

AAA

Hi Guys,

sorry for the delay in the update...we received requests for medicals last Tuesday, the 28th, and went for medicals this week Tuesday...sent RPRF bank cheque on Wednesday, now the waiting game begins....

Team R

It seems like there is a much longer wait for a Medical appointment in C.T. Only one practice with 4 Dr's working from it. At least a 3 week wait.

Also, can anyone recommend the best way to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee?

AndrewT

The waiting game can be frustrating.

We did our medicals on 22nd October. The children's medical reports were submitted to CIC the same day, but mine was only submitted on 1st November, and Claire's is still outstanding over 2 weeks later. That was with Worldwide Travel Medical Consultants in Northcliff. I'm not sure if this is usual and whether other doctors are similarly tardy.

On the other hand it only took us a week to get an appointment.

AndrewT

It seems like there is a much longer wait for a Medical appointment in C.T. Only one practice with 4 Dr's working from it. At least a 3 week wait.

Also, can anyone recommend the best way to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee?

Hmmm... Well I can certainly tell you something you shouldn't do...

Couriers charge a LOT extra to deliver to an embassy. At least the Postnet ones do. And couriers can only deliver between 8 am and 10 am on weekdays. And if you deliver in person then it must be between 8 am and 10 am on the first Tuesday of the month.

As an IT professional I'm suspicious of online payment systems. I've seen enough badly designed systems in my life.

But after discovering all of the hassles with couriering, we decided to cancel the bank guaranteed cheque and use the online payment system instead.

I'd filled in all of the fields on the credit card payment page, except for the last one - the country field, which unfortunately is defaulted to Canada. And even more unfortunately I decided to take off my jersey at this point. And my elbow accidentally caught the ENTER key on the numeric keypad, causing the form to be submitted. :oops:

That was it. Address incorrect. Credit card payment deducted. Our online banking systems in South Africa are SO much safer with their multiple confirmation buttons and one time pins. So my suspicion was vindicated. But it was cold comfort, since the primary problem was pebcak.

My wife and friends all seem to find this hilarious...

Team R

@AndrewT - flip, that sucks a lot! Are you still waiting for the repercussions? :/

We will learn from you and not remove any jerseys mid-transaction. Hope it comes right soon.

We paid our Visa Processing Fee (R11 243) by credit card and then saw on our statement that we had another fee of R965 - assumed it was the Visa Card fee. Is this the reason people are using the bank guaranteed cheque rather than the online payment system? To avoid that second charge?

GrantM

Hmmm... What was the reference used for that second charge and was it charged on the same day?

I also used a VISA and I don't remember getting a second charge.

I think people like the cheques because they can cancel it if need be plus it is like R300 cheaper per adult to pay the RPRF by cheque.

Edit: Just checked my statements now and I didn't get a second charge. I think you should query that with your bank ASAP.

Edited by GrantM

Team R

@Grant

Cool. Will do. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Are you going to join us for coffee on the 29th? Julian is out and is going to join and answer our boatload of questions! ;)

LilyZA

Hi Guys :)

We sent using Bank Draft and the courier (UPS) was only R162 - overnight.

I went to Dr Ajit Daya - such an awesome guy, definitely recommend him! Stephen went to Dr Lourens Antonie De Kock and also had a good and friendly experience - for what it's worth. But we did wait for 3 weeks for our appointments...

Edited by LilyZA

AAA

Hi guys,

we also sent a bank cheque...and for the second time it was only R185 at postnet...

I tried doing the payment online at first,and for some reason I kept on getting an error...so the bank cheque was the way to go....

Team R

I'm waiting on a U.K Police Clearance which I should get by 1 December. Should I wait and submit that as well as the Bank Cheque in one go? Does anything need to get submitted from the Medicals?

I remember reading something about emailing a number from the Medicals to Pretoria - Is it a reference number? Or a tracking number? Anyone remember that thread?

Thanks!

MaryJane

Hi Team R

It is the tracking number. In my days, we emailed a case specific enquiry and emailed the tracking number to speed up the process.

Team R

@MaryJane - thanks. Do you know if there is anything I will need to send via courier to Pretoria from our Medicals? (I.e. A receipt) Or will it just be my U.K Police Clearance and Bank Cheque? And then an email to Pretoria with the tracking number? I don't want to forget to include something vital! :/

Thanks so much. x

MaryJane

As far as I know, anything medical only comes from the doctor. They don't need the receipt so you can keep that.

Sorry I won't be much help here. But when we did our submission, the cheque was the only thing they asked for. And we hand delivered it. Back then, they still stamped receipt of deliveries so that's how I got our confirmation.

Reshen

Hi everyone

So excited just got our email requesting passports and annexure a forms...... Wooohoo :-) onwards upwards and almost out of here.....

• Like 1

PJ&Mariska

Seems as though everyone is getting some form of comms today from them.

We got the request to pay RPRF and the processing fee for our baby.

• Like 1

Reshen

Congrats :-)

GrantM

Wow! Congratulations all round.

Congrats! I wish our application that was submitted in September would even get past PER! Or even some comms form CIC!

Team R

@AshB - hang in there! It does work in order. We are May applicants and we are getting RPRF in October/ November.

All the best! :)

Team R

Hi everyone,

Quick question - how did the majority of you pay your RPRF now that the fee is exactly the same amount? (Online or Bank Cheque) and then - for the C.T peeps - how did you send either your proof of payment or cheque up to Pretoria? Who did you use? And where are they based? And then the kicker.... How much did it cost? I'm mentioned previously about my R600 quote from DHL so I am still looking for another option in the Southern Suburbs.

Thanks so much. x

Team R

And then, am I correct in saying documents are couriered to: High Commission of Canada, 1103 Arcadia Street, Hatfield, Pretoria?

Thanks peeps. x