So excited! We received our Passport Request last night!!! Whoop-Whoop

Good feeling eh? Congrats!
  • Like 1

Coetzee's

Cant explain how happy we are! Super super excited..doing the happy dance..lol

• Like 1

GrantM

Cant explain how happy we are! Super super excited..doing the happy dance..lol

Care to share how you couriered your passports? I see a couple people asking :)

LilyZA

Congrats Coetzee's :)

We just did our medicals today! Was around R1500 pp.

And sending our RPRF up to Pretoria tomorrow...

xo L

• Like 1

MartinG

Is the medicals like a normal doctor visit?

If so - can you claim the visit from your medical aid?

Jules

Definitely not covered by medical aid.

MartinG

Thanks Jules

GrantM

I wish that was the case, have a decent amount of credit in our medical aid savings. I suppose it evens out anyway, when you leave the fund I think the refund you your remaining accumulated savings from prior years.

kennifeh

Are kids included in the cost of RPRF & Medicals? Goshh...this project is capital intensive! :o

GrantM

Are kids included in the cost of RPRF & Medicals? Goshh...this project is capital intensive! :o

No RPRF for kids. I believe you will have to pay for their medicals though.

MaryJane

No, but I managed to claim the x-rays part of the medicals. It wasn't much really but it's something.

SASHA123

Hi All,

Would there be a charge for an infant? Would assume that I will be presenting more information from the paediatrician, then getting information from the medicals?

MaryJane

I wish that was the case, have a decent amount of credit in our medical aid savings. I suppose it evens out anyway, when you leave the fund I think the refund you your remaining accumulated savings from prior years.

Hi Grant

I'd like to suggest going for check-ups (i.e. dental and eye check ups, the works) before leaving SA to use up your medical aid fund.

GrantM

Hi Grant

I'd like to suggest going for check-ups (i.e. dental and eye check ups, the works) before leaving SA to use up your medical aid fund.

Thanks MJ, that's a pro-tip!

Claire T

@Sasha - there will probably be a charge for the baby, but only for the medical part, not the bloods and x-rays.

Try not to get yourself too worried about the process. It's really not bad. Our little girls handled the whole experience very well and we had a great doctor who really put them at ease and was very gentle.

Sideline

Hi All,

Would there be a charge for an infant? Would assume that I will be presenting more information from the paediatrician, then getting information from the medicals?

No blood tests and X-rays etc. there is a small charge. It's worked out as either adult or child (infant is same rate as child). No info other than basics required for infant. Doctor knows what to look for and unless there is something special the paed needs to report on, you won't even need anything from them.

SASHA123

Thanks Claire and Sideline for your replies :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Team R

Hey guys,

Would love some input: As you can see from our timeline: we submitted our application in May, C.C charged in June and PER received in August. Since then we have heard nothing! :(

With the surge in May applicants getting Medical Requests, do you think it's worth sending a "Case Specific Enquiry?" If there is a hold up due to an error on our part I'd like to know so we can fix it and get the ball rolling again. What do you guys think?

Thanks so much!

Reshen

hi there

Hope everyone is tsill well.

Just as a matter of interest I took a chance and submitted the doctors bill for the medical to Discovery and they paid R920 of the R1500..... not too bad.

havent submitted the xray invoice as yet, but im sure we should get something back for that as well.

Anywhere to save at this point.

@ Team R maybe you should pop an email just to find out? Would ease your mind as well.

Have a good weekend

GrantM

hi there

Hope everyone is tsill well.

Just as a matter of interest I took a chance and submitted the doctors bill for the medical to Discovery and they paid R920 of the R1500..... not too bad.

havent submitted the xray invoice as yet, but im sure we should get something back for that as well.

Anywhere to save at this point.

@ Team R maybe you should pop an email just to find out? Would ease your mind as well.

Have a good weekend

Nice! Thanks for the share!

MartinG

That's good news Reshen - use them while you can. If it saves you a few bucks then why not?

I guess they won't know the difference between a regular check-up and this one, eh?

Reshen

hi

@ GrantM you're welcome :-)

@ MartinG you're probably right ;-)

Team R

We got our Medical Requests today! :) Also, a request for me to submit a U.K Police Clearance as I spent longer than 1 year in London. I have certainly leant patience these last few weeks! :)

• Like 2

Reshen

congrats Team R

UK Police clearance is a breeze remember to double check the dates of birth and passport numbers on receipt before sending to CIC.....just to be extra cautious :-)

Claire T

Congratulations Monique!!

I am so relieved for you and happy! You're on the move again! :ilikeit: