Sign in to follow this  
Team R

FSW applications submitted in May 2014

GrantM

Hi All

I've been following the posts and I am somewhat concerned...

We received our PER on...08 January 2015

According tot he global spreadsheet we should have received our AOR about two weeks ago.

Any suggestions or do we just wait a bit longer?

W

There were some members that didn't even receive AOR so don't be too worried. Also, I found the spreadsheet to only be useful up to PER stage. From there on out it is visa office specific. It took us 10 weeks from PER to get MR, longer than any other Pretoria applicant on the SS.

We don't really even look at the SS anymore but I always update it to assist those that do use it regularly.

PJ&Mariska

Hi,

So we got a reply on our cse.... They are telling me now that they have received my wifes and daughters medicals, but not mine.....Gave the doctors office another call and they did confirm that all the medicals have been uploaded through Emedicals.

Replied on the mail from CIC and attached the emedicals sheets the doctors office sent me.

I dont know what else to do. And this all took about 2 and a half months. Anyone got any advice for me?

Petrus.

Team R

@Petros - flip, how annoying! I'm sorry you are experiencing drama.

I would say you have to wait to hear back from CIC.

Really hope it all works out soon... sterkte!

@PJ&Mariska - Can't you just redo the medicals? Or can't they just upload your data again?

@WernerB - Our PER was 12 January and we also haven't heard anything. If I look at the SS, it also indicates that the people who got PER round about our time, have not changed anything since PER. I am with Grant on this one, don't stress too much. If I look at Millaberry's timeline, she is about 6 weeks ahead of us as their application reached CIC on 18 August, which would mean our medical requests sometime towards middle/end March. Grant is correct - not everybody receives a AOR.

@GrantM - I agree. The spreadsheet is only valuable up to PER. Thereafter the dates just go all over the show. I mean some people with PER dates close to us have already have medical requests in New Delhi and others are further down the line who submitted way after us. But on n average if I look at your and Millaberry's timelines, we are on track for medical end March and (hopefully) decision towards end April.

Team R - I can't help but chuckle at your signature:

"From submitting to collection: 267 days (8 months, 3 weeks)"

It is the same amount of time (give or take a couple of days) than having a baby!

:blush: :blush:

GrantM

Hi,

So we got a reply on our cse.... They are telling me now that they have received my wifes and daughters medicals, but not mine.....Gave the doctors office another call and they did confirm that all the medicals have been uploaded through Emedicals.

Replied on the mail from CIC and attached the emedicals sheets the doctors office sent me.

I dont know what else to do. And this all took about 2 and a half months. Anyone got any advice for me?

Petrus.

That is not cool! All the best and I hope they sort it out ASAP!

Team R

@WernerC - lol... indeed! And we were considering if to have a baby before we left S.A as the visa application process was predicted to take 16 months. So glad we decided to wait! ;)

Pampoentjie

Hi

I know we are all anxiously waiting to hear something from Pretoria in order to plan our future!

We are waiting for passport requests and were planning on going during May 2015. However, checking flights today it seems that on certain dates no economy seats are available with our preferred airline which means that we will have to pay exorbitant business class seats. This is definitely not in our budget.

Once the medical results have been updated on ECAS has anyone not gotten their passport requests in a 'timely' manner?

I know anything can go wrong at any stage of the processing but we will have to take a leap of faith somewhere. It has gotten us this far!

Thanks!

PJ&Mariska

Hi,

If you want to save money try Emirates>>> Their option for one-way trip is actually half the price of a return.

Regarding medicals/passport requests etc. We haven't heard ANYTHING in a timely manner....

• Like 1

AndrewT

@Pampoentjie:

We just got our passport requests a few minutes ago, almost 3 months after CIC received our medicals. We were expecting them in late November or early December.

Please don't put yourself through the nail biting stress of assuming they will arrive in a timely manner. It's enough of a roller coaster already.

Look at the FSW 2014 spreadsheet charts of statuses versus application dates. There is very little consistency or predictability any more.

Edited by AndrewT

GrantM

@Pampoentjie:

We just got our passport requests a few minutes ago, almost 3 months after CIC received our medicals. We were expecting them in late November or early December.

Please don't put yourself through the nail biting stress of assuming they will arrive in a timely manner. It's enough of a roller coaster already.

Look at the FSW 2014 spreadsheet charts of statuses versus application dates. There is very little consistency or predictability any more.

Great success!

ClaireV

We patiently waiting for medical request. I am on a very similar time line to millaberry but still nothing. My ECAS status says "in process" and has never changed. Is that normal?? Received AOR dec 23rd.

GrantM

We patiently waiting for medical request. I am on a very similar time line to millaberry but still nothing. My ECAS status says "in process" and has never changed. Is that normal?? Received AOR dec 23rd.

It is normal, I think it changes to "complete" once you land.

When you click on "in process" what do you see? There will eventually be 4 lines. 1 says that your application has been received. 2 says that they began processing. 3 says that medicals have been received. 4 says that a decision has been made.

Depending where you are in the process the relevant lines will be loaded. Not everyone received AOR so check for the second line, once you have that then the next step is MR.

Edited by GrantM

ClaireV

Thanks grant - so I still only have one line that my application was received. I'm thinking I'll wait until the end of feb and then send an email. But I did receive an AOR so at least I know it's in Pretoria. (Hopefully not lost)

Millaberry

Medicals Done Yesterday :boxing: wow what a relief!!! That part of the application literally gave me a migraine...

We went to Dr Singer in Linksfield!! What a great guy - I tried to keep my 4 little ones busy for 4 Hours!!!!

Anyway @ ClaireV and Wynloots - Im not sure we will every be able to know exactly how the CIC works - most members on the forum received their RPFR with their meds and we have not received it so we are still waiting for that and PPR

Oh quick question - how long is the SA PCC valid for? we got ours just before we sent our app in - do they always ask for a new one? Just wondering if we should apply for another one??

Edited by Millaberry

GrantM

Thanks grant - so I still only have one line that my application was received. I'm thinking I'll wait until the end of feb and then send an email. But I did receive an AOR so at least I know it's in Pretoria. (Hopefully not lost)

Don't stress, another member on here who was one day behind me had that first line up until after he did medicals. Almost like they forgot to update his eCAS and then updated it all in one go after they received his medicals.

ClaireV

Thanks guys ... I'll just carry on being patient. Congrats millaberry! No idea how I will keep my 4 year old still / occupied for that long!

GrantM

Oh quick question - how long is the SA PCC valid for? we got ours just before we sent our app in - do they always ask for a new one? Just wondering if we should apply for another one??

I thought it was 6 months but I think they accept it for up to 12 months. They do an extensive criminality check before issuing medicals and a security check after medicals are passed (from what I have read online). Personally I don't think they place too much reliance on PCC especially ones from South Africa :unsure:

Millaberry

Thanks guys!!

@ Claire T - I see you received your PPR - Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pampoentjie

Yay!!!!!!

PASSPORT REQUESTS!!!

:ilikeit::D

GrantM

Yay!!!!!!

PASSPORT REQUESTS!!!

Wow that was fast! Congrats!

Edited by GrantM

GrantM

Yay!!!!!!

PASSPORT REQUESTS!!!

How did you pay the RPRF?

Pampoentjie

We could not do online payment due to Standard Bank CC's not working on their website. So we went the cheque route.

We decided to deliver the payment by hand and subsequently went to the Consulate in Hatfield to make payment, not knowing the first Tuesday of the month rule existed. Security there pointed out that it had to be done at VCS in Brooklyn. So we went there to pay it. Got there and they out right refused to take the cheque because and I quote... "We do not touch immigration related processes because we do not want to step on the Consulate's toes." So we then went back to the consulate.

Took Gautrain there, took Gautrain bus from Hatfield to Brooklyn and from Brooklyn back ... not enough cash on card... had to walk back to Hatfield. Needless to say when we got to the consulate they saw a different individual to the one who stood there an hour earlier...

Perplexed and a little scared they put me in contact with the person processing our file, via telephone in the security office. She again told the story of VCS and that they were supposed to do everything. After some talking she confirmed that payment could be done online, or via cheque. You could submit your cheque via courier to them directly or deliver it by hand on the first Tuesday of the month or you could do it through VCS. Fortunately she felt sorry for me after being turned away twice and she arranged security to bring her the cheque directly. Within 24 hours our ECAS was updated to medicals received.

One thing when you pay by cheque. You must put all your information on the back of the cheque. Not just your name. So UCI, file number, your address and telephone number and the names of the primary and secondary applicants.

I am assuming that because we got to spoke to them directly and because of all the misunderstandings it may have pulled us out of the 'group' and we got processed a little quicker.

I hope this helps.

GrantM

We could not do online payment due to Standard Bank CC's not working on their website. So we went the cheque route.

That sucks,

Hopefully it accepts my card.

I'm really happy it all worked out after all of that running around!

What is this "Tuesday" rule? does it apply for all deliveries?