Sign in to follow this  
Team R

FSW applications submitted in May 2014

Team R

Hi guys,

Hope we are all well.

My husband and I submitted our application at the beginning of May. It would be nice to keep in touch with other members' progress who submitted their application around a similar time to us. I have been keeping an eye on the progress of a few active members (ClaireT, PJ&Mariska, LilyZA and GrantM) but anyone else is free to join the conversation.

So far we got our PER email from Pretoria on 8 Aug. and then it's been silence!

LilyZA has had PER and Medical Request (shot!!!) so there is hope! ;) Well done Lily, please keep us posted on your next steps.

Chat soon. x

• Like 1

PJ&Mariska

Hi thanks for this. I was thinking of asking the members to do the same thing.

If those who submitted in may etc just update this thread or do a status update that would be nice.

All the best to those waiting.

Petrus (PJ)

PJ&Mariska

Oh sorry, I know of someone else.

Anusha has an identical timeline to mine and we both have the baby thing to deal with.

MartinG

Hi guys,

Mine arrived about a month after yours at the end of July. So I'm curiously monitoring your progress so I can guestimate mine!

It's been 10 weeks now and haven't heard a peep from them ...

Hopefully because they are swamped at the moment.

GrantM

Nice topic! Subscribed.

Team R

@GrantM - are you still waiting for your credit card to be charged?

Reshen

Hi There

Hope you are all well.

We have also submitted on 30 May 14, recieved PER on 24.09.14 and AOR on 07.10.14....

Congrats to Lilyza thats awesome news!!

Regards

reshen

GrantM

@GrantM - are you still waiting for your credit card to be charged?

Affirmative. I'm a July 2nd applicant so expecting it anytime from next week onwards if Discovery allow my card to be charged. What a pain it was to get them to open my international POS facility for a month.

Team R

@Reshen - what does the AOR say? That's the email from the Pretoria guys, right?

Team R

ClaireT also mentioned checking the progress on the CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Maybe is everyone posts what their one says - it could help each other figure things out?

This is ours:

Permanent Residence

We received your application for permanent residence on May 7, 2014.

We started processing your application on August 21, 2014.

Claire T

Hi Monique,

Thanks for starting this, it will certainly make it easier to track this year's applicants :)

This is what our status on the CIC website is:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 9, 2014.
  2. We started processing your application on October 7, 2014.
Edited by Claire T
  • Like 1

Reshen

Hi there

The first email recieved was from CIC Nova Scotia which stated that we have recieved "positive determination of eligibility to be processed & that our application has now been placed into processing" thats the PER right?

The second email was from the pretoria visa office confirming that our application was recieved on 30.05.14 and gives a list of links and email addresses for any changes to be done. It was my understanding that this is now the AOR?

Since then no news.

Sorry all these abbreviations confuse the hell out of me :-)

Team R

@Reshen - that sounds right. Don't worry, I am still trying to get my head around the abbreviations too! :)

Would you mind posting the info that pops up when you check your progress? On http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

PJ&Mariska

Hi All,

Mine is as follows:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 9, 2014.

No number 2, hopefully this week.

Edited by PJ&Mariska

Reshen

hi there

It just says in process.....

Team R

@ Reshen - does it give any dates? Claire, PJ&Marishka and I copied and pasted what was written on the CIC website (see above)

Claire T

Reshen,

Where it says "In Process" should show up as a hyperlink (underlined and in blue). If you click on it, it will show you more detail.

Reshen

hi Claire

Sorry it says started processing app on 08.10.14

will it now be a 16 month process from here?

and does anyone know how do they process our applications? should i be alerting my references that they may get a call from CIC?

Claire T

I think the 16 months starts from the date of submission of your application, so you are already about 5 months in?

The processing does seem to be going much faster this year looking at the spreadsheet, but its really anyone's guess how long it will actually take.

AAA

Thanks for this guys.

our application, is almost the same as Petrus, as he had mentioned.

I dont have exact dates, but we submitted in the middle of May. Visa fee deducted in July. Received email from cic on the 25th of August stating that the file has been placed into processing phase. Our baby was born on the 13th of August. We sent all forms for him to Pretoria by the middle of September. Received an email from Pretoria last Wednesday, the 8th of October, stating that we must send receipt of payment of processing fee for our baby because the fee payment form was not sufficient. After searching for info on the cic website on how to make payment of processing fee once it is at the visa office...I found the information on the high commission of Pretoria website, and with help from Sideline. We then couriered a bank guaranteed cheque with our son's visa photos to the Pta visa office yesterday.....let us see what happens next:)

Team R

So, it seems like Reshen is the only one who has received AOR (on 7 October.) Her, and possibly Lily but am still waiting to hear from her...

So, my question is - when the CIC website says "We have started processing your application..." is there ANY chance it could be at the Pretoria office being processed and they just haven't sent you an AOR?

Initially I thought not, I understood the process to be: CIC does a check, sends PER, sends it to Pretoria and they sent AOR and then the waiting starts as they start to process your application.

I am a little confused about the lack of AOR's for quite a few of us - and am secretly hoping there is processing going on despite not receiving the AOR. It's just quite disheartening to know we got PER on 8 Aug and since then - more than 2 months - it hasn't officially 'arrived' in Pretoria!?! Anyone else feel the same?

Hearing if Lily got an AOR or not before their Medical Requests will also help understand things a bit better.

ChrisLin

It definately looks like they are processing much quicker this year than last. I submitted in May 2013 and I have only just got passport request ie 17 months. From experience once your status reflects they have "started processing your application" expect the medicals quite soon.

Claire T your processing seems to have come through very quickly :ilikeit: and you should get a medical call soon if not so already.

All the best everyone

• Like 1

Team R

@ChrisLin - even without the 'vital' AOR? For us that is meant to be the next step...

AAA

Hi,

based on my communication received from them, it seems like they are processing before the AOR is received. I got a request for a receipt of payment prior to any communication from Pretoria.

PJ&Mariska

Hi Guys,

We just received medical requests. We didnt get an AOR though ie a mail or something from CIC stating that the app is now at the PTA VO.

Dont know how it works but im happy hehehe.

We will need to add our baby to the application still though. Anyone else here that needed to do that, that could please advise on the best way etc.

Petrus.