Sign in to follow this  
Ina Smith

Safari Meat Shops - new South-African shop

Ina Smith

We have opened a new shop in "The Brick Plaza" at 9671 Macleod Trail South, close to Southland Drive. We specialize in South-African products like groceries, melkterte, koeksusters, biltong, boerewors and a lot more. We now have a webpage www.safarimeatshopscalgary.ca but still believe in the old fashioned way of personal contact with our customers. So come and say hallo to us. For more info or any large orders you can contact us at 403 - 474 8595.

'n Splinternuwe Suid-Afrikaanse winkel nou in die "Brick Plaza" Macleod Trail 9671, Suid, naby Southland Drive. Ons nuwe webblad is www.safarimeatshopscalgary.ca maar ons glo nog in persoonlike kontak met ons kopers en geniet almal se geselsskap, so kom gerus in vir 'n geselsie en probeer ook sommer van ons lekker tuisgemaakte produkte soos biltong, wors, koeksusters, vleispasteie en baie meer. Vir meer inligting of groot bestellings kontak ons gerus by 403 - 474 8595.

Wouter en Ina.

Edited by Ina Smith
  • Like 2

AnelleR2008

Just to let you know that the product pdf won't open on my computer... I'm pretty sure it isn't something on my end.

Wolverine

try using internet explorer

Jules

Best of luck. Canada needs more shops selling boerewors ;-)

I've always wondered why boerewors has never caught on with the rest of the world in the way other sausages have. Italian sausage, polish, German and even Russian sausage is popular with many nationalities...

Edited by Jules

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

try using internet explorer

Safari opens it as well but the file is almost 15MB for a one-page product list.

Might help to have a smaller file for folks to download.

Lekker to see all the meat pies you list.... :ilikeit:

Jules

Safari opens it as well but the file is almost 15MB for a one-page product list.

Might help to have a smaller file for folks to download.

Lekker to see all the meat pies you list.... :ilikeit:

15mb is way way too big for a 1 page internet attachment. Should be under 1mb.

ChrysAnne

if you're a Saffa in Calgary this is just the nicest store in town! You walk in and feel as if you're visiting your local butchery back home. They have a great selection of meats, pies, vetkoek, melktert and all your favourite SA groceries at very reasonable prices. I also noticed that even Canadians love the place!

Oom Wouter en tannie Ina praat met jou Afrikaans, gee jou n stuk droewors en gesels met jou asof hulle jou jare lank al ken. Dit is my ander huis daai, sien julle weer binnekort!

Edited by ChrysAnne
  • Like 1

if you're a Saffa in Calgary this is just the nicest store in town! You walk in and feel as if you're visiting your local butchery back home. They have a great selection of meats, pies, vetkoek, melktert and all your favourite SA groceries at very reasonable prices. I also noticed that even Canadians love the place!

Oom Wouter en tannie Ina praat met jou Afrikaans, gee jou n stuk droewors en gesels met jou asof hulle jou jare lank al ken. Dit is my ander huis daai, sien julle weer binnekort!

What a lovely review!

Sounds like our very own Pasquale and Ria in the Lower Mainland as well (Langley, BC) :D

Ina Smith

Thanks for informing us about the problem with our webpage, our web-designer is working on it.

Please use our Facebook page, Safari Meat Shops Inc, to stay up to date with all the new products we are currently introducing, such as new varieties of biltong, meat pies, roasts, curried fish, etc.

Ons is tans besig om die problem op ons webblad aan te spreek. Gaan intussen gerus na ons Facebook blad, Safari Meat Shops Inc, om al die nuwe produkte te sien wat ons nou beskikbaar het, soos verskeie soorte biltong, vleispasteie, vetkoeke (op Saterdae na 12:30nm), kerrievis en nog meer.

• Like 2

Hennie vdB

Ina,

Are the vetkoeke done every Saturday? I arrived just too late a few weeks back, didn't know when you guys close shop. Promised the family vetkoeke and meatpies for dinner, and then had to go scrounging for subsitute stuff at Co Op, lots of disappointed faces when I arrived home. Need to get my shares back up.

Thanks for informing us about the problem with our webpage, our web-designer is working on it.

Please use our Facebook page, Safari Meat Shops Inc, to stay up to date with all the new products we are currently introducing, such as new varieties of biltong, meat pies, roasts, curried fish, etc.

Ons is tans besig om die problem op ons webblad aan te spreek. Gaan intussen gerus na ons Facebook blad, Safari Meat Shops Inc, om al die nuwe produkte te sien wat ons nou beskikbaar het, soos verskeie soorte biltong, vleispasteie, vetkoeke (op Saterdae na 12:30nm), kerrievis en nog meer.

I hope to visit you guys soon. :):):)

Ina,

Are the vetkoeke done every Saturday? I arrived just too late a few weeks back, didn't know when you guys close shop. Promised the family vetkoeke and meatpies for dinner, and then had to go scrounging for subsitute stuff at Co Op, lots of disappointed faces when I arrived home. Need to get my shares back up.

I noticed they have the option on their website to order stuff online and then pick-up at the store. :lol:

No disappointments ever again.... :ph34r:

Hennie vdB

Ingrid, yes, but these are then from the fridge. I am talking fresh, hot vetkoeke filled with mince (not "ground beef" :ilikeit: ).

• Like 1

Ingrid, yes, but these are then from the fridge. I am talking fresh, hot vetkoeke filled with mince (not "ground beef" :ilikeit: ).

You're making me drool for some mince jaffels now.... :rolleyes:

Cathy K

I bought a jaffel pan recently, so jaffels are a favourite for Friday supper.

Vetkoek and mince? just found out what I'm making for dinner tonight.

• Like 1

Best of luck. Canada needs more shops selling boerewors ;-)

I've always wondered why boerewors has never caught on with the rest of the world in the way other sausages have. Italian sausage, polish, German and even Russian sausage is popular with many nationalities...

Really do enjoy the quality of the beef biltong and boerewors from our local butcher shop in Oakville. I will be honest though, ever so often my taste buds feel like nice piece of kudu or "bokkie" biltong! Or how about a kudu pot!

Ina Smith

Hennie, jammer dat jy nie jou vetkoek- beloftes aan jou familie kon nakom nie. Die beste is om op 'n Vrydag vetkoeke te bestel, aangesien dit baie gewild is, dan hou ons dit vir jou.

Sien jou binnekort (indien jy nie alreeds daar was nie).

Ons nr is: 403-474 8595 en ons sluit 5pm op Saterdae.

• Like 1