Sign in to follow this  
M-N

Article found: Why I will never leave Canada

Sparky2

Have a read through the comments...goodness gracious the human race always has to criticize - no matter who's side you're on...

His article makes me all the more excited for the big move!

M-N

my thoughts exactly. So excited. Especially because he is talking about the region we'll be moving to. :)

canuck nick

Remember to take off your rose-tinted glasses when you get here. Canada has a high rate of property crime (house and vehicle) but theres crime and then theres CRIME.

The threat of physical violence is monumentally less in Canada than in SA and that is the difference.

Old Van

Also read through the comments. And again, there's the unique amongst (white) South Africans "thing" rearing it's ugly head! This is just an argument that will never be settled. Still it's funny that there's so many comments about Canada being "a horribly frozen, miserable" place. Just underlines the ignorance, as if there's no Summer in Canada! At then moment it is sweltering in the Lower Mainland, and we've been having great weather with lots of sunshine since March. Then there always the old "stay where you are, we don't need you in South Africa" and the "yet another ex-pat trying to justify his move" story. It getting so old, or in Afrikaans, "holrug gery!"

This is the worst trait that afflicts (again mostly white) South Africans. ENVY! we just cannot grant our own countrymen any prosperity can we? As soon as you see someone getting ahead, you immediately feel left behind. This has been going on since the "groot trek". Why can't we just focus on counting our own blessings instead of being envious when our neighbour gets a good break?

Edited by Old Van
  • Like 2

M-N

Jip. Rose-tinted glasses firmly put away. Besides, they look better on Elton John. ;)

I am aware of the expectations. Keeping my ears on the ground but it's still a funny article. And then OMG, All those comments. I've been on some Canadian news sites and read the comments there ( I feel that that's where you'll get a true feeling of the emotions within the community) and I must say, it's puppy love compared to SA News24 commenters. White or black there's so much negativity. One can't be happy for the other.

Maak my sommer naar.

Jules

At the end of the day it's your life and you have to make it on your own. With or with 3rd party approval you do it for yourself and your kids.

• Like 3

EvB

A great testimony!