Sign in to follow this  
apl737

Tubing Up Indian Arm near Bedwell Bay

apl737

One of the things I have always wanted to do ... is tubing. We have rafted the Thompson, and the Nahatlatch, so many times over the years and twice last time I had the kids with as well. ... so we saved up 90 sheckels and purchased this awesome piece of plastic excitement ...

My wife and I put the boat in at Rocky Point (as we always do) at 9:00 am today (Friday - I took a day off work ... cause weekends on the water is a zoo!!) and Michelle and Michael met us at Belcara - and we boated up the arm a ways ... emptied and reset the crab pots then proceeded to the outside of Bedwell Bay ... first in was my fearless daughter Michelle ... Michael (my son) driving the boat and Mom spotting for us (panicking more like) ... and yours truly with Canon in hand (and 400 mm lens) ... we got her flying thru the air with the greatest of ease :)

IMG_6442.jpg

and then we got Michael on the tube ... Mom driving, Michelle spotting and me shooting (as always) - we swung him round in some large semi circles ... and he had the awesomest time ...

IMG_6620.jpg

then we finally coaxed da mama into the tube ... at first we were gentle - but then we put the pedal to the metal (well, the fibreglass really) and we managed to swing her about for a great thrill (well we - in the boat - thought so) ... all kidding aside - she LOVED it!!

IMG_6668.jpg

and then we canoodled the old man (moi!!!) into the tube ... just kidding - no canoodling needed ... but he could see the missus gleefully rubbing her hands and itching to slap 40 mile n hour out of the boat and with her beloved hanging on to a flimsy piece of plastic nogal ...

IMG_6773.jpg

and a final shot of the bravest of the brave ... :)

thanks for reading ... :)

IMG_6443.jpg

Best

Phil

• Like 1

shawman

That looks awesome, I am so jealous.

Sean-Tienie

Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing

Cathy K

This looks wonderful! That's how summer must be enjoyed.

Many of us struggle to put photos on SACanada. Are you willing to share some pointers?

apl737

This looks wonderful! That's how summer must be enjoyed.

Many of us struggle to put photos on SACanada. Are you willing to share some pointers?

sure - get a free dropbox account - I think you get about 20 GB free (more than enough) ... then navigate to your pic you want to share - right click on it and COPY the PUBLIC link ... then use that link in the 'image' button on the topic menu ... is the way that I do it ... hope this helps

Phil