Sign in to follow this  
TanyaH

Payment of RPRF (right of permanent residence fees)

TanyaH

Hi again

Pls can someone advise. We have received an email requesting us to submit proof of payment for RPRF as well as updated Police Clearance Certificates and to go for our medicals.

In this email there is a link to the Gov of canada SA website for payment instructions - (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/southafrica-afriquedusud/visas/fees-frais.aspx) and it states "Current applications: If you are paying additional fees for an application currently being processed in Pretoria, South Africa, the payment (certified cheque or bank) must be attached to the letter from our office requesting the additional payment" . Question is, what address do we courier the cheque to and can we then also send the Police Clearance certificates in the same package? Only address I can find is:

Street Address:

1103 Arcadia Street

(Corner Arcadia and Hilda Streets)

Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa

Thanks

Edited by TanyaH

SASHA123

Congrats TanyaH :ilikeit:

However looking at your time line, it is actually incredible to see HOW quickly they 'complete' the application when they start processing the application!

Jason & Marianne

Hi Tanya

I suggest you contact Wouter & Charl to find out... They have been through this... :grad:

Regards

Herman

MaryJane

Hi TanyaH

The RPRF fees and the police clearance certificates can be sent in the same package.

I tried to look for confirmation that you must send it to the Pretoria address but I can't seem to find it. Eons ago when we did our application, we sent the requested information and fees to Pretoria. The address you have above is the address of the Canadian High Commission. I know that there's this new VAC thing going on recently, but as far as I can determine from their website, the Visa App Centres do not handle PR applications.

I'd suggest phoning the High Commission for confirmation on where to send the fees at 012 422 3000. I also remember that when you courier anything to Pretoria, you must be mindful of the operating hours. They will turn away the courier company if they come outside these hours.

Other than that, I'd say congratulations are in order!

• Like 1

TanyaH

Thanks all :)

Wolverine

Hi TanyaH

In our case we went to the bank to do a bank certified cheque payable to the High Commission of Canada in pretoria, then we took the cheque to pretoria ourselves, same for the pcc.

but if you are not close to pretoria, you can send both in the same envelop and write all your references on the envelop.

The end is almost near

• Like 1

ChrisLin

The easiest thing is to pay online as per the letter they send you. Cheaper and more convenient. Just email PTA the receipt which gets emailed to you

Reshen

hi guys

picked up on this thread as we are now in the same boat and not sure of where to send the RFPR fees as well as police clearance. In addition what does the medical entail and do things like cholestrol issues matter?

chantelie

RPRF is paid by bank chq to Canadian High Commission and is sent to CIC PTA : 1103 Arcadia Street

(Corner Arcadia and Hilda Streets)

Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa

The PCC is also sent to this address.

Medicals consist of blood test, chest xrays and general check up. The links below should help you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/resid-fee/faq.asp

• Like 2

Reshen

thank you

wernerb

Hi all;

Very confused; Ive just sent someone to the 1103 Arcadia Street (Corner Arcadia and Hilda Streets) Hatfield address to deliver my RPRF.

The person was turned away and told to go to a different address in Brooklyn...They refused to receive the envelope.

Apparently the address for RPRF submissions has been changed ... Does anybody know anything about this?

W

Hi werner. They don't receive envelopes from private individuals except on the first Tuesday of the month. The address they gave you is most probably for VFS which is also in Brooklyn.

When sending docs and passports to the embassy you have to use a courier, UPS is very good, or you have to make use of VFS in Brooklyn.

I sent my proof of payment to the 1103 address no problem using UPS couriers.

Edited by WernerC

wernerb

Thanx Werner...

I have also sent my receipt via email... However I will have it couriered tomorrow.

Dont think we have UPS in Lephalale... will do the next best thing.

Thanx Werner...

I have also sent my receipt via email... However I will have it couriered tomorrow.

Dont think we have UPS in Lephalale... will do the next best thing.

We also emailed a copy of proof of payment. But UPS might service your area. Why not give them a call just to check.

Helanie

We made payment online (RPRF) and printed out the receipt that we received and completed the blank blocks. We also went for updated PCC and once we received the original PCC we send it together to Pretoria (Arcadia street address) via Fedex.

We had a cover letter with the receipt and PCC that also explained when our medical examinations was etc...

wernerb

Helanie

Ive sent it yesterday via postnet couriers... Had to pay extra due tot he fact that it is an embassy delivery (R550)...apparently they scan it for anthrax and letter bombs :holy:

They assured me that everything will go as planned. It should reach them by Thursday morning.

• Like 1

Wynloots

Vern

Contrary to popular belief, they do accept deliveries from private individuals (other than the first Tuesday of every month). Think about it, how can a courier be allowed to drop stuff off and not a private individual? Chantellie did just that however, you need to drop it at a very specific time.Or, your deliverer told the gentleman at the high commission that he was delivering passports. In which case he would have been referred to VFS in Brooklyn.

wernerb

Hey guys...

Slightly concerned... Ive had the RPRF proof of payment delivered last month on the 07th by courier...

No passport requests yet! :cry:

Looking at all of you timelines I am getting slightly worried as it has now exceeded the one month cap.

I've tried emailing the commission... no reply.

Phoning also seemed to be a waste of time...

THE CiC ecas status update still states: medical results received...

Any suggestions?

Edited by wernerb

Wynloots

Vern

Contrary to popular belief, they do accept deliveries from private individuals (other than the first Tuesday of every month). Think about it, how can a courier be allowed to drop stuff off and not a private individual? Chantellie did just that however, you need to drop it at a very specific time.Or, your deliverer told the gentleman at the high commission that he was delivering passports. In which case he would have been referred to VFS in Brooklyn.

I thought I'd clarify this a bit. I had a bit of a chat with my wife regarding the delivery and she said it was quite odd. At first the guy didn't even acknowledge her presence and, after some light banter, he took the proof from her. She said that the feeling she got was that it was not the norm... So, I guess they only accept courier docs unless your wife is awesome, then they'll make an acception!

Hey guys...

Slightly concerned... Ive had the RPRF proof of payment delivered last month on the 07th by courier...

No passport requests yet! :cry:

Looking at all of you timelines I am getting slightly worried as it has now exceeded the one month cap.

I've tried emailing the commission... no reply.

Phoning also seemed to be a waste of time...

THE CiC ecas status update still states: medical results received...

Any suggestions?

HI werner.

Do you have proof from the courier that they delivered the RPRF receipt? That is the best way of ensuring that they got it. Then send the embassy a case specific enquiry.

Based on what ClaireV said after visiting the embassy last week, they are swamped which is causing her delay, although they confirmed they have all her docs.

So best I can advise is patience and a CSE at this point.

Helanie

Oh no... I'm now also worried WernerB. We have submitted our proof of payment (RPRF) and update PCC on the 7th of May 2015. It was confirmed as delivered by the courier as someone signed for the documents at CHC.. We used FedEx. I thought that they have everything and that's why our status was updated online to say medical results received... Does one get an email or anything else to say they have received the receipt and updated PCC??

Our 60 days for the medicals, PCC and payment proof (RPRF) end by the end of the week...

Oh My Word!!! I thought all was fine and we should just receive the Passport requests...

ClaireV

Hey Wernerb, yup it seems it's chaos at the embassy and I sent all my docs 23 April and got passport request today! Patience ... That was one tough wait though! Good luck.

ClaireV

Hi helanie, you won't get any correspondence just check the online fedex delivery - it should tell you if it was received and signed for. And then wait! They seem to have thousands of holiday visas that are all very overdue!! We seem to be last on the list.

• Like 1

Helanie

Hi helanie, you won't get any correspondence just check the online fedex delivery - it should tell you if it was received and signed for. And then wait! They seem to have thousands of holiday visas that are all very overdue!! We seem to be last on the list.

Okay!! Great-jip someone did sign for it - have the confirmation on FedEx's website! So we must just wait.... Thanks Claire!! Once again congrats!!! So happy for you!

Hey Wernerb, yup it seems it's chaos at the embassy and I sent all my docs 23 April and got passport request today! Patience ... That was one tough wait though! Good luck.

Congrats ClaireV! Now the real fun and games begin! All the best.

Helanie, your turn next!