Sign in to follow this  
Team R

FSW Application submitted May 2014, no acknowledgement - is this norma

Team R

Hi there,

Hope everyone is well!

I was hoping someone could help me with some information.

My husband`s profession was capped last year so we had to wait to see the 2014/ 2015 FSW`s list released in the last week of April 2014. His profession was on the list (and the number of visas allocated had been increased.... all good news for us!) so we got our docs together, triple checked them and sent them off on 2 May 2014.

My question is - does anyone know at what point your application gets acknowledged? We didn't use a representative and we haven`t received any sort of application number so can not even look on the CIC website under "Check your application status."( http://www.cic.gc.ca.../status.asp?s=3 )

Can anyone help us?

Thanks a mil.

GrantM

Hi there.

When did it arrive? They are still busy with applications that were delivered on May 7th and 8th.

TanyaH

Hi Team R

We received our Client Number in the email advising us that we were deemed eligible to apply (received 07 Oct). Until then all we had was confirmation (from our tracking number) that our application had been delivered to them. Hang in there, as there are no timeframe guarantees at all during this process.

Edited by TanyaH

Team R

Thanks everyone for the replies and information, really appreciate it

@GrantM

How were you able to find out that they are still busy with applications that were delivered on May 7th and 8th?

Thanks again.

LilyZA

Hi Team R

Check the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/edit#gid=1627896255

Definitely still applicants from the 7th & 8th still waiting for their fee to be deducted, so I think there is no need to be concerned at all.

But completely understand your frustration: ours only arrived on the 27th of May so we are in for a little bit of a longer wait, sigh ;)

Best of Luck!

Lily

Team R

Thanks Lily.

Took a look at that Doc - where is the info from?

Team R

@TanyaH

In your blurb it says "07 October 2013: PER and AOR received." What do those mean?

Thanks so much.

Team R

@TanyaH (again... sorry)

And "CAIPS file"? These acronyms are too much for me! ;)

GrantM

Thanks Lily.

Took a look at that Doc - where is the info from?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t199004.0.html

Register and join the fun. It is estimated that 15 - 20% of all FSW applicants participate in that forum and enter the info on the spreadsheet. Myself, LillyZA and Strife and Tiffa are all on there.

@TanyaH

In your blurb it says "07 October 2013: PER and AOR received." What do those mean?

Thanks so much.

PER = Positive Eligibility Review = You are supposed to get this shortly after your CC is charged.

AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt. You should get one of these once your file has been received by the Pretoria Visa Office.

@TanyaH (again... sorry)

And "CAIPS file"? These acronyms are too much for me! ;)

This is a system to see how far your application has gotten. Now you can just check here when you get your UCI number (from your PER).

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp

Edited by GrantM

TanyaH

Hello :) I see Grant kindly filled you in. I wouldn't recommend getting the CAIPS file in a rush. As Grant said, you can check your status update as often as you want once you have the UCI number ( shouldnt be too long if they have deducted the money already). Our app has been "In Process " status since last year October. When you check your status online, you be able to follow the link of your status to see what it means. I will see if I can do a screen shot of this for you in the meantime and will post a little later.

In the meantime I found this list of acronyms awhile back which really helped:

AEO Arranged Employment Opinion

AOR Acknowledgment of Receipt

AINP Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

BFD Bring forward date

CAIPS an electronic system to gather and update applicant's information/ status

CIU Canadian Intake Unit

CEC Canadian Experience Class

CEM Where results of medical exams will be forwarded to

CIC Citizenship and Immigration Canada

CIO Chief Information Officer

CHC Canadian High Commission

COPR Confirmation of Permanent Residence (also known as Record of Landing)

CSQ Certificat de sélection du Québec

DM Decision Made ( I wish positive for everyone)

e-CAS e-Client Application Status

ETA Electronic Travel Authority

HRSDC Human Resources and Skills Development Canada

IELTS International English Language Testing System

IRPR Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

IP In Process

FSW Federal Skilled Worker

LMO Labour Market Opinion

LPN Licensed Practical Nurse

LOA Letter of Approval

NOC National Occupational Classification

PCC Police Clearance Certificate

PER Positive Eligibility Review

PP Passport

PPR PassPort Request

PNP Provincial Nomination Program

MPNP Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program

MR Medical Request

NER Negative Eligibility Review

NTNP Northwest Territories Nominee Program

PA Principal Applicant

POF Proof of Funds

PR Permanent Residence

QSW Quebec Skilled Worker

RBVO Received By Visa Office

RPRF Right for Permanent Resident Fees

RPRF Right of Permanent Resident Fee

SINP Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

SIN Social Insurance Number

TEF Test d'évaluation français

TRF Test Result Form

TRV Temporary Resident Visa

UCI Unique Client Identifier

VO Visa Office

YNP Yukon Nominee Program

Edited by TanyaH

TanyaH

This explains each step in the application process:

Details of each Application for Permanent Residence from outside Canada, Federal Skilled Worker submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) Sydney, Nova Scotia

Explanation (Status is in Capital letters with description underneath):

APPLICATION RECEIVED (PS....this is your AOR letter)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

We have received your application. After checking for completeness, a file has been created and the information from the application form was entered.

(CIO-S) ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE Centralized Intake Office Sydney

The review at the CIO-Sydney has been completed. A letter with additional information has been mailed.

RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE

The application and documents have been received by the visa office.

VISA OFFICE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE

The review of the application and supporting documents has been completed at the visa office. A letter with additional information has been mailed.

WITHDRAWN

Application Withdrawn

We withdrew your application and your file has been closed.

IN PROCESS

Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.

Processing has begun.

DECISION MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC

We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined

Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined

If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE

(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted Permanent Residence

You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

Team R

Thanks for the update. I have another thread (also under "Application") have copied it below:

Another quick follow up question - the money was deducted from our account on 25 June but we haven't received a PER or an AOR (At least I used the the correct acronyms!) We have noticed on other people's timelines that they (the PER and AOR) usually come quite soon after the money is deducted... Is it worth sending an email to follow up?

Got an email address for the Visa Section of the High Commission of Canada in Pretoria (Pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca) but can't find one for the Canadians...?

Thanks everyone, you are all being so helpful and we really appreciate it!

Jason & Marianne

Thanks for the update. I have another thread (also under "Application") have copied it below:

Another quick follow up question - the money was deducted from our account on 25 June but we haven't received a PER or an AOR (At least I used the the correct acronyms!) We have noticed on other people's timelines that they (the PER and AOR) usually come quite soon after the money is deducted... Is it worth sending an email to follow up?

Got an email address for the Visa Section of the High Commission of Canada in Pretoria (Pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca) but can't find one for the Canadians...?

Thanks everyone, you are all being so helpful and we really appreciate it!

Hi Team R

Give the guys some time. CIC is inundated with allot of applications for now. Your monies were deducted, which is good news: it means your application package is complete, and your preliminary calculation of points indicate that your application can be processed. I am sure that you will receive PER very soon indicating that your app is on its way to Pretoria...

As for the email addresses, rather use the following link. We have sent a couple of emails directly to Pretoria, and this link seems to be working MUCH better than a mere email to them. Hold off on the email for now though as they have not received your app yet. They will send you an email about 1 week after PER, to indicate that they have received your app...

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=pretoria&_ga=1.177556197.1986221011.1401081882

Good luck!!