Sign in to follow this  
dallant

Passport request from CIC: how many days to send passport?

dallant

Hi All,

Please Help me, those who have been through passport request?

We have just received our passport request for the PR visa. We Praise God for the good news!

Now here is the problem: My husband is off to Toronto next week Saturday 14 June, and back 10 July for a conference + holidays. the PRP letter says it takes 5 working days to issue the visa but we are not taking that chance because It took CIC pretoria 1 month to issue him his visitor's visa while they said 15 days. The PRP letter doesn't say the limit for when we should send the passports.

if it's 30 days, we have a problem...

if it's 60 days, that could work for us since my husband is coming back in 40 days...

Can anyone advise on what to do?on how many days do we have to submit?

Things were slow for a while and now too fast...

and by the way, the PRP letter says "YOUR VISAS APPEAR READY TO BE ISSUED, Your file appears to be complete and ready for visa issuance. Before we can issue your visas, we require: ", does it mean Yes visa or No visa?

Thanks!

dallant

Anybody?

Please i'm desperate for an answer guys...

Charles&Deirdre

I think it means yes.

MaryJane

Hi dallant

For your first question, I'd advise to contact Pretoria directly. Whatever they advise would be the best course of action. Most people would try and send in their passport as soon as the request for them comes through. Your situation is slightly different.

When they request for passport, I'd say it's a YES. Why would they request for passports only to stamp them with denied visas? You did mention that "Before we can issue your visa, we require:" So it sounds like you have to submit the required, and then if they're ok, then they give you the visa. Shouldn't be too hard then. I'd say you're not just almost there, you are there.

Good luck!

dallant

Thanks MaryJane,

I got a reply to my email to Pretoria, they said it's okay that we submit in July. :)

dallant

Praise be to God we received passports with COPR today. it's been 26 months months since we initially sent in the application, and 36 months since we took the decision to go. From this, I've learned that i have become a very patient person. My gratitude goes to all the forum members who've been there for advice and support, i can never thank you enough, particularly Sideline .

We now have to start planning the move and all, with God's grace all will be good.

• Like 6

New Ventures

Congratulations guys!!! Wow, that is awesome!

Sideline

Congrats. Now you get a few days of stress free living. That magical paper exists. Don't rub it to long and certainly don't stare to hard, it might burst into flames, hee hee.

Now onto the next phase, the stressing of the move, the flights, packing up your entire life into a few boxes or suitcases and the odd little things you don't even think about. But as with the application, breath and relax. Remind yourself to find any positive in each day. It's going to gnaw at you even more now, the little irritations of whatever bugs you in SA. The bad service, the way prices change, the stupid car guard asking for money when he sat under a tree not even knowing you had parked, until you leave. Silly things, but trigger points that just upset your day. You must find a reason to end everyday on a good thought. It will do you the world of good as you carry that same daily routine into Canada. You will have though days, so remembering to find just a single positive makes or breaks your spirit when things get tough..

Good luck and keep in touch.

Edited by Sideline

dallant

Thanks Guys