LilyZA

Hi Everyone :)

I am basically posting this to hear what your opinion is regarding our application.

We have everything ready to in our application, except:

- Our unabridged birth certificates. I.e. The full version, with your mom and dads names etc.

We initially (naïvely) thought that the small yellow birth certificate was adequate, but discovered that we were wrong during the weekend. Sigh. -_-

You think you can prepare everything in advance, and then chaos strikes! What fun :P

Anyway, we were hoping to apply within the first week of the reopening of the FSWP as my common-law partner's NOC is one of the most sought after - Computer Programmer.

Now we will have to wait to apply for the unabridged version of our birth certificate, which can take up to 4 weeks (we might use docassist if we get desperate).

My biggest fear is that the cap will be reached on his NOC before we can get ours in?! Is this even a possibility or am I being a total neurotic? We'd probably have it by the CIC latest end of May, could it fill that quickly?

Thanks in advance! :hug:

Lizelle

4 weeks? Unless SA has become a lot more efficient since I last checked, I would be greatly surprised if it happens that quick. I would suggest that you use whatever company you can to make that happen quicker.

Can't help you with how quickly it fills up, just thought I'd mention that

MartinG

Well, to my surprise my abridged and unabridged birth certificates were ready for collection within two weeks - I even renewed my passport and got it at the same time!

You won't know until you try - I suggest you wait at the door tomorrow morning to apply a.s.a.p.

Laurenwallace

I dont want to scare you, but we waited almost 6 weeks for 1 unabridged birth certificate, and when we finally got the SMS to say it had arrived, we went to collect it, only to find it was the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, we went straight to DocAssist, they got it done for us in 3 - 4 weeks. If I were you, I would go straight through them. No mistakes, no delays, no nonsense.

• Like 1

OutOfSa

I have heard of people sending their package off with what they have, with a letter of explanation about the certificate - with assurance that it will follow as soon as it is possible to get it??

No personal experience, but heard this a few times.

You have a choice here as I see it, send off and risk return (with letter) - or wait and possibly miss the cap?

Charles&Deirdre

Again, from a previous post, make use of DocAssist! We made use of them for our daughter's birth certificate and we waited 4 weeks. They come highly recommended!

• Like 1

LilyZA

Great, thanks so much for your help guys!

We will prob be using docassist - with our luck we can't take a chance ;)

And I think we will wait until we have these and then apply, a full application just seems more likely to be processed...

Tifa

Good luck guys!

We applied for my boyfriends mom's BC (to show proof of relation to his aunt and uncles in Canada) in February with Docassist. We are still waiting and if we didn't call Docassist for an update they wouldn't have followed up with home affairs. Granted that nobody has control over home affairs.

I do hope that it goes smoothly and quickly for you.

Edited by Strife&Tifa
  • Like 1

LilyZA

Hi Strife & Tifa,

Thanks so much for your reply! And it came at just the right time too, as we were still deciding which route to take.

We asked DocAssist for a quote on Monday and didn't hear back and since then I gave them a call and was told they are extremely busy. And since we are still waiting on the quote a day later, and seeing as this is urgent - we have decided to just do it through home affairs and hope for the best. Thing is, if we are paying that amount of money, then I want absolutely perfect service. And so far it has not gone that way, not because I don't think they are capable - but because they are presumably overwhelmed by the amount of work they have coming in. Obviously if home affairs doesn't work out then we have no other option but to use them. How do the french say?: c'est la vie!

We went to home affairs first thing this morning, but the queue was outrageously long, so we are going to try again at 11am when the majority of people need to be back at work ;)

• Like 1