Sign in to follow this  
LilyZA

Photos for the application

LilyZA

Hi :)

Anyone tell me where in Cape Town we can have photos taken with the specifications needed for the application?

The photos must:

• measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1”and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;
  • have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 ¾”) finished size.

We went to a photo place in Cavendish that does Visa photos etc, a while back but the guy had no idea what I was talking about so we left it at that, but now that we are a couple days away from submitting our application it's probably worth doing ;)

We're going to try Orms in the morning, but if that fails?

chantelie

We went to postnet and they were very helpfull. You can print out the specifications and take it when you go. They helped us and made sure all the sizes was correct. They also dated stamped the photo's for us. We went to the one in Milnerton but I am sure anyone can help you. Good luck

LilyZA

Ah that's great, thanks for the info Chantelie!

TanyaH

We had ours done at the photographic next to the Pick'nPay in Gabriel Road, Plumstead. Always ask them to double check the measurements of the photo's they have done for you before you leave the shop (or take a ruler and do it yourself), no matter where you go :)

TanyaH

Sorry, had posted twice in error and didn't know how to delete one so I'll just edit and say Good Luck :)

Edited by TanyaH

LilyZA

Awesome, thanks Tanya :)

We eventually DID get Orms to do it, but had to have 3 sets done before they got it right (It took us half a day), AND I trimmed the photos by hand at home with a steel ruler and NT cutter so that it would be exactly to size. I am simply not willing to have our application returned over photo size.

Anyway, this turned out to be the last of our worries, as we figured out we both still need to have unabridged birth certificates done - we naïvely thought that the normal small yellow birth certificate would do... This takes a good couple weeks!

Wish I had known to prepare this in advance, but so you learn eh? And at least this gives us a couple more days to get our ducks in a row and send in the best application we could possibly send :)