Sign in to follow this  
Tracey22

After the frezzing rain yesterday

Tracey22

It took us 30 minutes of chipping away at the ice to get 1 door of the car open. this is where a remote starter would really have helped to defrost the windows!

http://youtu.be/xlzBR-1l14M

• Like 1

Tracey22

Anyone wanting to play skittles with Santa?

Cathy K

Love your video!

We were thinking of all our members in Toronto yesterday. Hope everyone is safe and that you all have power. That was a nasty storm!

Tracey22

The kids were iceskating on the sidewalks. They were quite upset when the roads were salted.

OutOfSa

Sometimes it was comical - people trying to breaking into their cars.

It took me 15 minutes to get the Gas cap open!

At the end of all the mayhem, it looked rather pretty under the sun:

post-10157-0-21752200-1387864074_thumb.j

Tracey22

I was given a very useful tip yesterday (will only help after the next storm) - use a hair dryer to de-ice around the car doors to get them open.

Jules

I was given a very useful tip yesterday (will only help after the next storm) - use a hair dryer to de-ice around the car doors to get them open.

An even better tip is for people with a garage to actually park their car inside. Amazes me how many people with garages were scraping ice off their cars parked outside.

Sean-Tienie

Amazes me how their $50 000 car stands outside while the broken washing machine amongst other junk stands in the garage. Every morning we watch people scraping windscreens. Surely that time could have been better spent cleaning out the garage so you could save yourself the trouble on a cold morning

Merv

Little tip that i learnt quite some time ago, a couple of times a year clean the rubber door seals on your car with a cloth dampened with silicone oil, keeps the rubber from sticking and also stops them from drying out and cracking in the heat in summer.