Sign in to follow this  
apl737

LaFarge Lake

apl737

This is LaFarge Lake - a few blocks from our home ... it's a wonderful little man-made lake that (apparently) is the most 'stocked' lake with trout ... on any given day there are people walking their mutts around the lake - people running to keep fit - older men trying their hand at catching the elusive trout ... and my dogs absolutely love the brisk walk around the perimeter ... so I snapped a few iPhone pics today ... the snow (even though I hate it :) ) is spectacular in the subdued later afternoon light ... the ducks always looking for a handout ... sometimes the water freezes enough - and kids (and some adults) take their lives in their hands and venture out on the semi frozen surface :)

enjoy the pics

Phil

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

• Like 2

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Very serene surroundings. Love the pics. You and your family must have a lot of peace in your hearts - living in a place like this.

Sideline

Phil,

This is completely unfair. You tease us all with such surreal and tranquil photography. You have an incredible backyard to play and walk in by the looks of it.

Are you sure you don't moonlight as a postcard photographer? Hee hee.

Thanks for sharing your neighborhood.

• Like 1

Merv

apl737

Thanks for all the wonderful comments ... we absolutely love experiencing everything this beautiful country has to offer ... our 'backyard' is amazing :)

• Like 1

Adele

We've been picnicking there in the summer. GREAT location! It is actually very central to everything. Just behind all those big trees is Coquitlam Centre and many, MANY apartment blocks.