Sign in to follow this  
apl737

Rocky Point and the Burrard Inlet

apl737

My wife and I will get our small boat out as often as we can (weather allowing) ... and we always go out at Rocky Point and waaaay up the Indian Arm.

This bevvy of mermaids on a log-jam on the way back from the arm ... giving us the 'stink-eye'

IMG_Mermaids.jpg

Here is a shot from a beach not accessible from any road (unless you cross a railway line on foot)

I was not carrying enough camera gear to get a desired long-exposure - but I still like this eh?

IMG_Beach.jpg

This is the deserted beach that we will always 'park off' until we go and check our crab traps ... a bit rocky and barnacali (is that even a word??) - I love swimming here - cause the water is crystal clear and quite salty - and that's our little boat in the background (not to much but quite practical - and fast)

IMG_Beach2.jpg

and this is at the Rocky Point boat launch - yesterday they had a regatta of smaller mirror-type boats (looked like 9/10 year old kids) and some 'bigger' craft as well - sailed by older kids - quite a task to maneuver around them some times :)

IMG_Boats.jpg

Thanks for looking ... Phil

• Like 2

Cathy K

Beautiful! We have yet to visit Bowen Island which is just opposite Burrard inlet, but you pictures emphasize the beauty of the West Coast. It must be magic sailing between the various islands and visiting the many hidden inlets.

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Love your shots and captions, Phil. Dream-life.

A friend has just bought two kayaks and at church this morning she invited me to go out kayaking this week down Point Roberts-way in WA.

I am already making a mental list of the 50+ year-olds' first aid kit I will have to take along: Voltaren, Ibuprofen, Gatorade, band-aids...

Sigh. It's been a while since I've been out kayaking... :blush:

apl737

Love your shots and captions, Phil. Dream-life.

A friend has just bought two kayaks and at church this morning she invited me to go out kayaking this week down Point Roberts-way in WA.

I am already making a mental list of the 50+ year-olds' first aid kit I will have to take along: Voltaren, Ibuprofen, Gatorade, band-aids...

Sigh. It's been a while since I've been out kayaking... :blush:

thanks Ingrid - I always love your shots to ... btw - do it (kayaking/boating) often enough and you'll be able to leave the 50+ first aid kit at home in next-to-no-time :) Phil

• Like 1

Sideline

Superb pictures.

Love the serenity of the coves and nature you explore. Great to see people out there exploring and experiencing. this is what life is supposed to be about.

Thank you for sharing.

Stefan

I paddled all the way up Indian Arm and camped with friends there once. It was a good time. The kayak club / rental place has a really good spot there. I especially loved jumping from the waterfall into the pool below and watching your "mermaids"! The views of forested mountain sides, with snow caps was breathtaking. Worth doing again.

• Like 1

apl737

I paddled all the way up Indian Arm and camped with friends there once. It was a good time. The kayak club / rental place has a really good spot there. I especially loved jumping from the waterfall into the pool below and watching your "mermaids"! The views of forested mountain sides, with snow caps was breathtaking. Worth doing again.

Here are a few shots further up the arm - with Granite Falls and other cool spots up Indian Arm

enjoy -

IMG_0270_99.jpg

IMG_0262_99.jpg

looking up Indian Arm

IMG_0243_99.jpg

Bunzten Power Station (just a short paddle from BelCarra) - has not changed much in a gazillion years

IMG_0237_99.jpg

and our golden (errr RED) chariot :) at Granite Falls pier

IMG_0294_99.jpg

Thanks for looking

Phil

thanks Ingrid - I always love your shots to ... btw - do it (kayaking/boating) often enough and you'll be able to leave the 50+ first aid kit at home in next-to-no-time :) Phil

Thank you Phil - for the compliment and the encouragement.

I have a longggg way to go as far as fitness is concerned. :whistling:

Phil's latest pics underlines what you said here, Stefan!

Maybe next summer we can have a kayak party up Indian Arm.

Been out twice and as you said, doing way better than what I anticipated. :ilikeit:

Sideline

Agg nee man, Now you guys are just showing off. :cry:

That scenery is beyond amazing. I know what extra sport I will be taking up again, so that soon we will join the group for a paddle up there.

Thanks Phil, your photos are beautiful.