Sign in to follow this  
Charl&Wouter

UNISA - Copy of Degree Certificate

Charl&Wouter

Can someone please give some advise

We are busy getting together our documentation for the application and job hunting and I realised with a shock my UNISA MBL degree certificate is missing! I see on their website they will not issue a duplicate,... does anyone have experience with this?

Tracey22

Can someone please give some advise

We are busy getting together our documentation for the application and job hunting and I realised with a shock my UNISA MBL degree certificate is missing! I see on their website they will not issue a duplicate,... does anyone have experience with this?

For your application, you need to get transcripts from the university in a selaed envelope. i called UNISA central phone number for mine, and they posted me all my transcripts. i asked for 2 copies.

I have not been asked for any certificates or transcripts for my job applications here. I think most employers here do not check the validity of academic credentials.

Charl&Wouter

Thanks Tracey, we wanted to have our degrees accredited and certified in terms of canadian equivalent degrees. The agency in canada asked for a certified copy of the degree itself.

Jules

I had my SA degree evaluated when I was planning to do another post grad degree here in Canada. UNISA had to mail the agency the transcripts direct. They never wanted the actual degree.

Charl&Wouter

That is great news, thanks Jules.

Charl&Wouter

UNISA just let me know, they do not re-issue documents... JOY!

JPBooysen

Hi

My wife had misplaced her degree only a week after graduating. We went to the graduation department at Unisa offices in Pretoria.

The lady behind the counter told us that they do not re-issue degrees but, they do reprints.

The only catch is that the new document is not the same size as the original but rather A4 and no seal is present at the bottom. It also says at the bottom is really small print (reprint)

All you need is an affidavit from SAPS stating that you have lost the original. I think there's a R80 charge.

I hope it helps

Charl&Wouter

Great thanks, I prefer A4, the main reason mine is missing is as it is bigger than A4 and could not be stored with my other A4 docs

I will go visit them in Pta.