Merv

Ontario Host

• Hosts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • SA Location:Durbanville, Randburg, Durban, Pinetown,Germiston, Boksburg
  • Landed:May 1995
  • Language:English/Afrikaans
  • Interests:DIY, photography, Scuba, skiing, cars, boating, trying different beers and travelling (preferably to warm places)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

I was told about this site by a new arrival, must admit I had never heard about it before, seems like there is a lot of interesting/useful info. It is called "Slapchips". Browsing quickly through the site, I also found a link to SACanada, I guess Hendie must have know about it (?)

Click here to go there.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
----WOW----
WHAT A RIDE!!!

#2 Adele

Adele

Vancouver's Gracious Hostess

• Hosts
  • 2,122 posts
  • SA Location:Vanderbjilpark, Durban then JHB
  • Landed:Oct 1999
  • Language:English
  • Interests:Encouraging, motivating and supporting fellow Southern Africans in the adjustment to Canadian way of life. Meaning I find a reason to have a party! Inviting everyone to join me in a potluck, coffee and cake or a picnic in the park. I hope at these functions the newly arrived ex-pat meets a contact that can see them through the first few months and possibly become a life long friend.
    So, need help? Email me from my profile or I can also be reached on Facebook with the name Adele Mace-Putter or on Skype with maputter.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

I have known about this group since 2003. In fact, I also know who the owners are. They are world travelers and I think it is amazing they have set this up!
Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred - Jacques Barzun

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." –Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'.

#3 Dedré

Dedré

Coffee Club Hostess

• Hosts
  • 3,272 posts
  • SA Location:Durbanville
  • Landed:Feb 2009
  • Language:Afrikaans/English

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

So nice!
Once you can accept the universe