Sign in to follow this  
Catamount

Looking to meet people in Vancouver

Catamount

Hey, I would like to meet up with other fellow SAfers living in Vancouver. It's been quite adjustment to move here. All my friends are Canadian and while I love them to bits, there is nothing like talking to someone who knows where you are from.

So, if you are up for anything from just having coffee to mountain biking through Stanley Park, drop me a PM and I will send you my contact details.

:)

Edited by Catamount

Adele

The are two groups that have a function coming up. June 30. The one is a family social get together and the other is a dinner and cruise. I am sure you will meet many South Africans at one of these. If not then join us for the annual Picnic in the Park in Langley at the end of July. :D

joy stephens

Hey, I would like to meet up with other fellow SAfers living in Vancouver. It's been quite adjustment to move here. All my friends are Canadian and while I love them to bits, there is nothing like talking to someone who knows where you are from.

So, if you are up for anything from just having coffee to mountain biking through Stanley Park, drop me a PM and I will send you my contact details.

:)

joy stephens

Hello,
We have over 550 South Africans in our group based in Vancouver - Canadian Friends of South Africa (CFOSA) www.canadianfosa.org.
Check us out on facebook, linkedin and meetup. The second Thursday of every month we get together for a breakfast business meeting.
Hope to meet you soon,
Joy

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

The are two groups that have a function coming up. June 30. The one is a family social get together and the other is a dinner and cruise. I am sure you will meet many South Africans at one of these. If not then join us for the annual Picnic in the Park in Langley at the end of July. biggrin.gif

Adele

You are missed at SACanada!

Where are you girl? :mellow:

• Like 1

Adele

I'm here, visiting! :blush:

I think there is enough people taking care of the newbies for now. I do however, miss meeting new people. Once the budget allows again, I will start with functions.

Maybe just a coffee or pub date with some 'old friends'!

• Like 1

Joubert
On 6/7/2012 at 11:19 PM, Adele said:

The are two groups that have a function coming up. June 30. The one is a family social get together and the other is a dinner and cruise. I am sure you will meet many South Africans at one of these. If not then join us for the annual Picnic in the Park in Langley at the end of July. :D

I realise this is an old post but can't help wonder whether the annual picnic in Langley which is mentioned in the above post still takes place? It would be lovely to meet fellow Saffers.

Edited by Joubert
typo

Reibtseb
On 6/19/2017 at 4:51 AM, Joubert said:

I realise this is an old post but can't help wonder whether the annual picnic in Langley which is mentioned in the above post still takes place? It would be lovely to meet fellow Saffers.

@Joubert@Adele

I'm landing in Vancouver on the 29th of January and would like to know the same. Still figuring out where I will sleep the first night after landing haha.

MaryJane

I haven't heard of the picnic but I know there are still regular meet-ups in the BC area.

Vancouver's gracious host, @Adele, can be reached via PM or via FB messenger.