Sign in to follow this  
cliveza

Which Immigration Office if you are in Canada already

cliveza

Hi

Im looking at the general application form and one of the first fields they ask for is the Immigration office you would like your application to be processed at. The document check lists says its possible to apply at a visa office for the country you are currently residing in, provided that you submit proof your are living there legally. Well I have a work permit which is valid until March 2014 and Im currently working and living in Toronto.

The checklist says you can't use the Sydney CIO as a visa office, but this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/#canada says there is a CPC or central processing office in Sydney, so can I select Sydney as a my processing office and what about Vegreville or Pretoria?

So what are my options and where would be the best place to gave my application processed?

Thanks

• Like 1

Kets

How it works is you send your application to Sydney Nova Scotia for eligibility review.

You HAVE to send it there for them to check if you eligible.

On your application you could specify either Buffalo (because you in Canada already) or Pretoria (because you a South African)

I sent mine to Buffalo which was a huge mistake cause Buffalo takes a long time to process.

You may want to check http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php which is the largest canadian immigration forum.

Personally I would choose Pretoria they would be much faster but do your research.

Have a look at the following for processing times you can filter by visa office.

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers

Hope this helps.

cliveza

Thanks Kets, just wondering if anyone else has more advice, should I use Buffalo or Pretoria or somewhere else?

Does anyone know if CEC is process quicker or slower than FSW?

Cheers

Edited by cliveza

Wolverine

i think Buffalo is actually closed. There is a big article that i read n another forum.

If you can use PTA, do it.

MartieKruger

Buffalo is closed.

Your assessment would be faster in Pta, being your home country.

cliveza

Has anyone been to this site before http://data.gc.ca/eng?

According to the data in this spreadsheet , which lists all the permanent residency processing times for all the visa offices from 2007 until March 2013, Pretoria has not processed any CEC applications since 2007. Can that really be true? surely someone must have applied in Pretoria,

Its also interesting to see that Ottawa CPP does 80% of the applications in 11 months or less, although that has increased since last years 10 month processing time.

I think I'm going to send my application Ottawa for processing.

• Like 1

DJW

Hi There!

We are in Alberta at the moment on WP's and have just received our AINP certificates. We haven't been in Canada for more than a year.... I was thinking perhaps I should put the CPP in Ottawa as the requested processing office and not Pretoria on the main form.

Anyone have some advice they would like to share? Perhaps someone has gone through AINP before? Seems a bit strange to put Pretoria down when i am applying from within Canada!

Thanks in advance

Edited by DJW

lgonsalves

Hi There!

We are in Alberta at the moment on WP's and have just received our AINP certificates. We haven't been in Canada for more than a year.... I was thinking perhaps I should put the CPP in Ottawa as the requested processing office and not Pretoria on the main form.

Anyone have some advice they would like to share? Perhaps someone has gone through AINP before? Seems a bit strange to put Pretoria down when i am applying from within Canada!Thanks in advanceDavid

Hi, we've been trying to find out info wrt AINP, how long did the process take you? Did you do it yourself or use a rep? We are in Edmonton. Edited by lgonsalves

DJW

hi Igonsalves

i didnt use a rep. i just discussed it with my employer. then filled out the forms and they signed what needed to be signed and sent it directly to ainp. took about a month to get the certificate. they say generally a maximum of 6 weeks

i reckon its a great option, as now that im doing the actual PR i already have all my stuff ready and the forms filled etc. In fact it looks like you submit less documentation for a AINP PR application than for the actual AINP application

remember to sign the AINP forms in blue ink, and the PR ones in black ink! ridiculous....

Freddy

You might be surprise that using Pretoria will be quicker. I know some people who are already in Canada before applying for PR and using Ottawa for the Visa office complaining of delay due to larger numbers of application and the fact that some few visa offices were closed in the last few years and all those application were re-directed to Ottawa. Number of people applying for PR in a visa office determines sometimes how fast they process the applications.

DJW

thanks for all the advice! Pretoria it is then!

lgonsalves

Let us know how it goes and your timeline. Good luck!