Sign in to follow this  
Nico

Immigration News

Nico

News Release – Minister Kenney outlines vision of a fast and flexible immigration system

Toronto, March 1, 2012 - In a keynote address to the National Metropolis Conference today, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney outlined his vision for a faster, more responsive immigration system that better meets Canada’s economic needs.

“Immigration is playing an increasingly important role in our economy and we need a system that does a better job of attracting the people who have the skills that are in demand and getting them here quickly,” said Minister Kenney. “We have made some great strides towards an immigration system that is fast and flexible, but know that there is more work to do.”

Read more ...

Wolverine

Am I Blonde?? I understand nothing from all this bla bla. Could someone clear it 4 me plzz?

Nico

Legislating away immigration backlog is an option: Kenney - The Globe and Mail

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/legislating-away-immigration-backlog-an-option-kenney-declares/article2362389/ via @globeandmail

Nico

Mae

Anything that makes the immigration process faster and more efficient is great news

Dedré

I really feel sorry for the old applicants though. It seems that they want to legislate the old applicants "away". That still isn't fair to them. :cry:

Nico

Mi. Kenny on future Skilled Worker Applications

[...] Mr. Kenney said in an interview Wednesday that he wants to create a new economic stream for trades people, who currently don’t qualify under Canada’s education-focused federal skilled worker program.

He also said employers will soon be able to hand-pick prospective immigrants and send them to the front of the line for assessment.

“Once people have been identified by employers, if they meet our other standards we would fast-track them into the country,” Mr. Kenney said. [...]

Nico

EvB

Mi. Kenny on future Skilled Worker Applications

[...] Mr. Kenney said in an interview Wednesday that he wants to create a new economic stream for trades people, who currently don’t qualify under Canada’s education-focused federal skilled worker program.

He also said employers will soon be able to hand-pick prospective immigrants and send them to the front of the line for assessment.

“Once people have been identified by employers, if they meet our other standards we would fast-track them into the country,” Mr. Kenney said. [...]

Nico

Here is a link to the audio file - the key is to be able to show how you are, may be successful in Canada - how likely are you to be successful - key is "how likely" as publicly stated by the Minister. This is especially applicable to those already in Canada that meets old and new requirements. This audio holds important information for one's own planning and next steps - i.e. possible seeking support from the courts.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/news/audioplayer.html?clipid=2212139353

Also see my other post about legislating away the backlog and the risks it holds here:

Nico

Hi,

See attached CIC News Release issued today regarding changes to PNP applications.

Starting July 1, 2012, most Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicants for semi- and low-skilled professions will have to undergo mandatory language testing.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-04-11.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

Nico

Wolverine

It look a lot like the Quebec Skilled program

cliveza

Thanks, sort of good news for me. If they change the CEC to one year, by the time that happens I should have a years worth of Canadian work experience.

Nico

New Ontarion Direction

Per the Ontario Ministry (MCI’s) announcement yesterday…

Ontario's immigration strategy outlines three major objectives and targets:

Attracting a skilled workforce and growing a stronger economy

As immigration increases, raise the proportion of economic immigrants to 70 per cent from the current level of 52 per cent.

Increase Ontario's role in selecting the immigrants who meet our unique labour market needs.

Request a doubling of our Provincial Nominee Program from the federal government to 2,000 in 2013, increasing to 5,000 in 2014.

Maximize the potential of temporary foreign workers and international students.

Helping newcomers and their families achieve success

Improve job prospects for non-economic immigrants.

Provide more resources for employers to recruit and welcome immigrant employees.

Encourage employers to develop or expand mentorship, internship and on-the-job training programs.

Achieve five per cent francophone immigration.

Leveraging the global connections of our diverse communities

Growing a globally-connected economy by increasing the employment rates of highly skilled immigrants in their fields.

Maximizing the global value of immigrants already here by decreasing their unemployment rate to the provincial average.

Leveraging global expertise by removing barriers and increasing the number of internationally trained professionals licensed in their professions.

For more see http://news.ontario.ca/mci/en/2012/11/highlights-of-ontarios-first-immigration-strategy.html