Sign in to follow this  
annied

pre June 2010 applicants

mmherselman

Dr Coucher in Cape Town only closes 23rd Dec and reopens 3 January...

MaryJane

Which fees, the doctor's?

Hi Jeanne

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) payable to Canadian High Commission in Pretoria.

I neglected to add that together with the medical requests, they have also requested me to pay this fee within 60 days.

I saw on the CIC website that the fee was changing on 17 December 2011.

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) payable to Canadian High Commission in Pretoria.

I neglected to add that together with the medical requests, they have also requested me to pay this fee within 60 days.

I saw on the CIC website that the fee was changing on 17 December 2011.

I wasn't aware of such a fee, how much is it?

MaryJane

I wasn't aware of such a fee, how much is it?

CAD490 each for hubby and me = R3390 x 2. But like I said, the prices are only valid until Friday. I think the Rand amount is changing.

marko

My wp is expiring end Janauary.I am in the process of extending it.At what point does CIC verify that you have a valid WP, because I think we are due to receive medical requests from PTA for our PR application soon.

Jeanne

Fantastic news, we received our much awaited brown envelope in the mailbox today! The most wonderful Christmas present ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now to try and see the doctor ASAP.

Hendie

Baie geluk! Uiteindelik vordering. Ek haal my hoed af vir julle wat deesdae so lank moet uithou vir die proses om sy gang te gaan!

yusuf

Does anyone else happen to have an ecas status of 'Decision Made' before medicals request?

Melonie

Congrats, Melonie! I am overjoyed that things are starting to move for us!!

Let me know if you having problems with booking appointments. I'm hitting some kind of invisible wall here....

Getting my cheque ready for the fee so I can pay it in by Thursday before the fee changes.

Hi MaryJane. Dr Cobb can see us the 2nd week in Jan and Dr Singer is on leave now.

Did you read the part in the letter about disposing of property etc. that it will be at your own risk? We are so tempted to put the house on the market, as that can take months.

Do you know how long it will take once we do the medicals?

MaryJane

Hi MaryJane. Dr Cobb can see us the 2nd week in Jan and Dr Singer is on leave now.

Did you read the part in the letter about disposing of property etc. that it will be at your own risk? We are so tempted to put the house on the market, as that can take months.

Do you know how long it will take once we do the medicals?

I saw somewhere that it takes 3 months after medicals? Although I am not entirely sure. I'll have a look again and see if I can find some links or info from others. This obviously does not include if they ask for further testing, etc. Was yours also with a 60 day deadline?

I have decided not to get overly excited about disposing assets. My hubby is being doom and gloom and saying we might not get the medicals right. Any which way, I'll probably have to come back after landing.

We are seeing Dr Cobb the first week.

All I know is that if all goes well, we'll have to land by January 2013, when the medicals expire.

Melonie

Made an appt for the 5 of us to see Dr Cobb on the 11th of Jan.

Ja, I guess we should not make any plans until we have the visas in our passports.

Dedré

It takes a minimum of three months for medicals to process.

Tracey22

Most people I know (including ourselves) only got our visas 3 months before there were due to expire. Once we did our medicals, we decided to sell our assets. You will see on my revious posts the flack i got from members for selling my house with a suspensive sale clause that transfer was only to occur once we got our visas in hand.

Jeanne

Most people I know (including ourselves) only got our visas 3 months before there were due to expire. Once we did our medicals, we decided to sell our assets. You will see on my revious posts the flack i got from members for selling my house with a suspensive sale clause that transfer was only to occur once we got our visas in hand.

Tracey, do you mean that the sale of your house would have fell through if you haven't gotten PR? Or do you mean that the transfer was only delayed?

Tracey22

Tracey, do you mean that the sale of your house would have fell through if you haven't gotten PR? Or do you mean that the transfer was only delayed?

The sale would have fallen through. We took the risk that the market would have improved in the intervening period. The buyer had the most risk - they bought a house which could not be finalised and had unknown tmelines.

Jeanne

The sale would have fallen through. We took the risk that the market would have improved in the intervening period. The buyer had the most risk - they bought a house which could not be finalised and had unknown tmelines.

Tracey, I think it was a brilliant idea, can't understand why people on this forum had a problem with it ;)

I think we are going to follow your example since December is a good time to put your house on the market in the Cape.

Jeanne

The complex where we live is very popular and houses in this area are high in demand, hopefully we'll find such a buyer ;)

Tokkie B

The complex where we live is very popular and houses in this area are high in demand, hopefully we'll find such a buyer ;)

First of all we are so happy that there is positive movement with the visa’s again. Hope all your final arrangements go very smoothly.

Jeanne it is not just the Buyer taking the biggest risk, so are you as the Seller. A Mortgage is only valid for 3 months to be registered. If not, the Financial Institution could ask for a requalification. What if the Buyer lost his job, etc? Once a sold sign is outside your place and then put back in the market, it can place questions in the other buyers’ mind which could have an effect on your home. I have seen it happen. Also do not forget, the small print, the Financial Institution could cancel the mortgage at any time before registration, without giving reason. I have also seen this happen the morning before registration.

There are so many conditions that could be added into an agreement, but both parties must agree to it as well as the Financial Institution.

Play safe! Good luck, I hope it sells within the first 3 weeks on the market. ;)

OutOfSa

Does anyone else happen to have an ecas status of 'Decision Made' before medicals request?

Hey Yusuf

do you have any more news? If you don't mind me asking, what occupation did you apply under?

OutOfSa

Just checked the ECASE for about the 20th time this week, and

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on December 7, 2011. :unsure:

So now it's either Medicals or Sorry, but no thanks.

I guess we will also need to get new police certificates, have any of you recent medical request people thought about police clearance certificates? Ours will have expired, I did pay for a new set which never arrived...

Well this is all very exciting, I just hope for medicals and nothing more sinister than that. :(

One other point of interest, I checked my ecase everyday last week, the change in state must have occurred between Thursday night and now (Sunday night.) I thought they updated on a Tuesday... Perhaps they started because my Canadian Nephew was visiting from Ontario ! :D

Edited by OutOfSa

yusuf

Congrats outofsa! That's awesome news. I think you are in the clear as mine was updated to say processing started and decision made on the same day.

I applied under 0213 as a software development manager. I have not received any communication since the ecas update, and its killing me!

Best of luck with the processing!

yusuf

The problem, if your consultant said that you can apply next year, is that 0213 is no longer on the occupation list. :( It's not easy getting a job in Canada, from South Africa.

Does it still say 'decision made'? Did you receive a rejection letter? It seems they are trying to process applications as quickly as possible. Maybe someone hit the wrong key. Hopefully it works out.

Yeah, if I get rejected then this is certainly the end of the road for me. It still says 'Decision Made' and I have not received the rejection letter. I read somewhere that it could even be a request for interview, which I would certainly prefer. I hope that my letter is not in my consultant's postbox while they are away on holiday or something like that. :unsure:

MaryJane

Just checked the ECASE for about the 20th time this week, and

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on December 7, 2011. :unsure:

So now it's either Medicals or Sorry, but no thanks.

I guess we will also need to get new police certificates, have any of you recent medical request people thought about police clearance certificates? Ours will have expired, I did pay for a new set which never arrived...

Well this is all very exciting, I just hope for medicals and nothing more sinister than that. :(

One other point of interest, I checked my ecase everyday last week, the change in state must have occurred between Thursday night and now (Sunday night.) I thought they updated on a Tuesday... Perhaps they started because my Canadian Nephew was visiting from Ontario ! :D

Cool!

I've thought about re-applying for police clearance certificates again. But we'll probably do them in the new year, together with the medicals.

Four Geese

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on December 7, 2011.

Congratulations & fantastic news.

Syndre

"We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 15, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

uh-oh.....

Plus my address is suddenly missing on the ECAS site