Sign in to follow this  
annied

pre June 2010 applicants

yusuf

i check it as often as my heart can bear.

"We received your application for permanent residence on May 21, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 26, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Pretoria office. They are pending review."

Hey Syndre. When did you send your complete set of documents to PTA?

I sent mine in August 2010 and got the AOR from them in October 2010. I suspect that things may have slowed down since then though.

I would not panic if I were you. I don't suggest putting your life on hold either. I did that and became quite miserable. I have since decided to move on and worry about it when Iit finally comes through :)

annied

does anybody have any hot contacts at Pta so that we can find out how many applications they have under the pre-june system, and how many under the post-june system

Maybe I will stress less if I know how many people are ahead of me in the queue

wishfull thinking, I know. But i can only try

canada2010

I was thinking about contacting my local minister in Canada to see if he can find out what is going on. As long as you guys do not give up...this is an amazing country, no matter where you are! I've never felt so free, safe and surrounded such friendly people. All the pre-june applicants will be here before 2012 is over!

Dedré

I am thinking they are reaching their quota for each year again even before they have processed all the applicants. Those who were processed within the time frame made the quota for the year. Waiting is not easy and kills you every day. You get so angry at CIC for leaving you hanging like that without any explanation. Then one day you hear from them and you still would love to give them a piece of your mind... but you don't, because you are just so grateful. We know what you guys are going through and understand your frustration.

Syndre

Hey Syndre. When did you send your complete set of documents to PTA?

I sent mine in August 2010 and got the AOR from them in October 2010. I suspect that things may have slowed down since then though.

I would not panic if I were you. I don't suggest putting your life on hold either. I did that and became quite miserable. I have since decided to move on and worry about it when Iit finally comes through :)

We submitted to Pta in December 2010

And the problem with moving on is it involves perhaps adding a family member, which will reset the whole application.

yusuf

We submitted to Pta in December 2010

And the problem with moving on is it involves perhaps adding a family member, which will reset the whole application.

Hi again.Adding a family member does not reset the whole application.We had an addition to our family in November 2010 and it only meant adding documents applicable to the baby to the application.I hope that helps.

Syndre

Hi again.Adding a family member does not reset the whole application.We had an addition to our family in November 2010 and it only meant adding documents applicable to the baby to the application.I hope that helps.

Should my wife get pregnant now, and we *magically* get the request for medicals in the next 9 months, we'll have to wait till after the birth, then we'll have to wait to get a passport for the little one, and the unabridged birth certificate. So, total time lost: +-1 year+.

yusuf

Should my wife get pregnant now, and we *magically* get the request for medicals in the next 9 months, we'll have to wait till after the birth, then we'll have to wait to get a passport for the little one, and the unabridged birth certificate. So, total time lost: +-1 year+.

I hear you. We thought that my wife getting pregnant would also slow down the process for us, but surprise-surprise! The baby is already 7 months old and still no request for medicals.

I guess what I am saying is, don't put life on-hold. Always remember that the pre 2008 applicants thought that their wait was going to be 24 months... it ended up taking thrice as long.

Good luck in whatever you decide. ;)

annied

waiting waiting waiting

looking for plan B

Hubby will get an additional qualification end of Sept which will put him on the current NOC list, but... he still does not have enough points to be the main applicant. I don't know how trades people can get the maximum education year points, yet they are on the NOC list.

If I send Pta a copy of his new qualification and point out to them that he is on their current NOC list, would they pay attention to my application and process it with the post-June people.

and the worst is that yesterday on the job site, I saw 3 jobs for him in our proposed future home area

DiW

hi, any news or updates here?

SeanvanDeventer

Hello

Nothing from me, we're still waiting for medical request. :-(

Applied to CIO May 2010

Trsfrd to PTA October 2010

Docs sent October 2010

Medical ?

Current status is RBVO.

Apparently, I read somewhere that the whole process, end to end takes between 15 - 19 months. Once the applciation reaches PTA then only does the claimed processing time of 12 (now 14) months start.

I am in month 13 end to end

and month 9 since my application reached PTA

Kiena

Hi all

There are some good news.

Our app to CIO June 2009

Full set of documents to Pta Aug 2009

We just received our medical instructions 2 wks ago as well as request to send our right of permanent res fee.

We went for our medicals on June 18/2011.

Now we just wait for the medical results...hope it is not to long..

Although I must say my husband went to our local MP here in our town to light up the fire on the length of our app - 21 months

SeanvanDeventer

Congrat Kiena, I wish I could get my medical request.

Anyway........Check this :censored: out. I found this on a linkedin forum.....

For those who have been wondering about when their files in London will be processed, based upon what London has advised me:

1) files lodged pre-27 February 2007 will not be processed this year unless

medical forms have already been received;

2) a few files lodged 27 February 2007 to 26 June 2010 may be reviewed this

year if all subsequently lodged files have been finalized and

3) files lodged post-26 June 2010 are the first priority (at least until June 30th).

In other words, Ottawa has ordered London (and all visa-posts, according to London) to process current files first; i.e., post June 26th; and the earliest files, last. As a consequence, London anticipates its entire quota being filed merely by finalizing those files for which medical forms have been provided and those lodged between 26 June 2010 and 30 June 2011.

Because Islamabad files have been dumped onto London without its quota being increased, anyone who applied to London or Islamabad pre-27 February 2007 should not expect to have their files processed this year; or, if the approach CIC is currently taking, next year either -- if ever -- assuming the post-June 30th intake equals this fiscal year's intake. Even with additional staff, absent an increase in its quota, CIC will bar London from processing anything but the most recent applications.

As this approach has been dictated to all visa posts, anyone who applied to ANY visa post before 27 February 2007 and has not yet received medical forms should not expect their application ever to see the light of day -- unless their visa post either receives fewer new applications or an increased quota. Likewise, those who applied between 27 February 2007 and 26 June 2010 are unlikely to have their files processed unless they have already received medical forms before the end of this year. And, once the new Occupation List is out, this same fate will befall those who applied between June 26th and this coming June 30th unless they received their medical forms by next spring.

EvB

Could you post the linkedin forum link here please. If this is true, it is fraud, because people paid large fees. If this truly becomes practice it may (added emphasis) be grounds for class action lawsuit or taking CIC to court, period! Is Canada not a country that has strong human rights and is Canada not a country that promotes human rights? If so and if what is claimed (added emphasis) in the post translate into action on the part of CIC, Canada and CIC is likely running the risk of infringing on people's human rights. People paid large fees to receive equitable treatment.

Congrat Kiena, I wish I could get my medical request.

Anyway........Check this :censored: out. I found this on a linkedin forum.....

For those who have been wondering about when their files in London will be processed, based upon what London has advised me:

1) files lodged pre-27 February 2007 will not be processed this year unless

medical forms have already been received;

2) a few files lodged 27 February 2007 to 26 June 2010 may be reviewed this

year if all subsequently lodged files have been finalized and

3) files lodged post-26 June 2010 are the first priority (at least until June 30th).

In other words, Ottawa has ordered London (and all visa-posts, according to London) to process current files first; i.e., post June 26th; and the earliest files, last. As a consequence, London anticipates its entire quota being filed merely by finalizing those files for which medical forms have been provided and those lodged between 26 June 2010 and 30 June 2011.

Because Islamabad files have been dumped onto London without its quota being increased, anyone who applied to London or Islamabad pre-27 February 2007 should not expect to have their files processed this year; or, if the approach CIC is currently taking, next year either -- if ever -- assuming the post-June 30th intake equals this fiscal year's intake. Even with additional staff, absent an increase in its quota, CIC will bar London from processing anything but the most recent applications.

As this approach has been dictated to all visa posts, anyone who applied to ANY visa post before 27 February 2007 and has not yet received medical forms should not expect their application ever to see the light of day -- unless their visa post either receives fewer new applications or an increased quota. Likewise, those who applied between 27 February 2007 and 26 June 2010 are unlikely to have their files processed unless they have already received medical forms before the end of this year. And, once the new Occupation List is out, this same fate will befall those who applied between June 26th and this coming June 30th unless they received their medical forms by next spring.

EvB

"...In other words, Ottawa has ordered London (and all visa-posts, according to London) to process current files first; i.e., post June 26th; and the earliest files, last..." how do one obtain a copy of these instructions?.....

How do one obtain a copy of these instructions? Perhaps Nico, can find out?

EvB

All, you can join this linkedin forum, Canadian Citizenship & Immigration, here http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Canadian-Citizenship-Immigration-Forum-2932885?home=&gid=2932885&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=.gmp_2932885 for more information

thecarelses

A quick update on our PR app, had noticed in January that my status had changed to "in process" yesterday I noticed that they updated that to "your application was reviewd and processing started June 21" not a huge amount of change at least they looking at our files considering our application has been in Pretoria since Jan 2010.

Good luck to all still waiting in anticipation for a status change.

Noks

Hi All

Has anyone visited the David Cohen website today ?

www.canadavisa.com

How does this breaking news affect us?

Is it good or bad news?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Noks

Melonie

That is great news. You should hopefully get your medical request soon.

A quick update on our PR app, had noticed in January that my status had changed to "in process" yesterday I noticed that they updated that to "your application was reviewd and processing started June 21" not a huge amount of change at least they looking at our files considering our application has been in Pretoria since Jan 2010.

Good luck to all still waiting in anticipation for a status change.

thecarelses

Hi Melonie

Thanks for the response, I do sure hope that those medicals will be in the mail soon, what a rollercoaster ride it's been! what is your current situation?

DiW

hope we will hear something soon

Edited by DiW

Melonie

Hi Melonie

Thanks for the response, I do sure hope that those medicals will be in the mail soon, what a rollercoaster ride it's been! what is your current situation?

Applied to CIO Mar 2010

Trsfrd to PTA June 2010

Docs sent July 2010

Current status is 'In Process' with RBVO details inside.

canada2010

For all the May 2010 applications...I have sent off my request for my CAIPS notes to Ottawa from within Canada. I will hopefully get some feedback within the next few weeks and will let you guys know what has been done with my file That should give an idea of what is happening with the pre-june 2010 applications

thecarelses

So we heard yesterday through our local MP office whom we got to contact Pretoria for us as we were clearly not making headway with Pretoria that they have mailed us information on June 27, 2011, We now hope and pray that it's our long awaited medical instructions and nothing of concern. Weird thing is that they have our e-mail address and thougt they would atleast inform us via e-mail of what they've done!