Sign in to follow this  
annied

pre June 2010 applicants

Sideline

CONGRATULATIONS Sideline!! We are so happy for you! Can let go of one thumb.....holding other thumb for MariK and toes for all Pre-June 2010 and Pre-Feb 2008 applicants.

Tnx Smallbee

Well after all this waiting we now wait some more :unsure:

After a little debate and consultation with our Gynie (or is that OB-GYn in CA?) we decide to request a stay in medicals.

We emailed PTA and requested an extension due to the change in circumstances and they agreed to halt the application till end January 2013 before issuing new medicals and then the required docs for the new arrival as well.

We will need to give passport for little one etc but that hopefully (and I say that cautiously with the Home Affairs in SA in the back of my mind) not be a big problem :blink:

So we are happy with that. Means a little more time needs to pass b4 Canada becomes a reality, but it is all for the better I would say.

Sideline

Just following up,

has anyone heard from or of MariK of late. She/they seem to have disappeared. Have not seen her around for weeks now. Hoping they got the little envelope as well cause they were in the dark last time also locked out of eCAS

Tokkie B

Just following up,

has anyone heard from or of MariK of late. She/they seem to have disappeared. Have not seen her around for weeks now. Hoping they got the little envelope as well cause they were in the dark last time also locked out of eCAS

My niece, MariK's application was declined. They cannot confirm family in Canada. MariK has attached copies of her mom's unabridged birth certificate as well as my husband's unabridged birth certificate, our PR cards, etc. Yet some IDOT in Pretoria cannot confirm that we are related or that the documents are good enough to confirm and give them the points that would have made it possible for them to be approved.

Exactly the same happened about a year ago with her mom’s application. Both applications declined on the same basis. This makes me so sad as we ARE family, share the same parents/grandparents, etc.!!!!

First I have to say how lucky we were to have been approved and being landed immigrants for nearly 3 years. BUT in my opinion Canada is stealing applicant’s money. They do not give you the opportunity to give more documents (unless you are VERY LUCKY where they do ask for more documents). I guess it all depends on the person’s desk your application happens to land on.

CIC keep on changing the goal post and conditions. They stop your life for X period of time while you were hoping your dreams will come true. Then one day they cancel your application (pre 2008 applicants) or decline you for no valid reason. They do not give you the opportunity to appeal the outcome, nothing.

I have not posted this to open a bigger conversation about how I feel. It is just MY OPION and how I feel about the situation. I know it is your choice if you want to immigrate to Canada, but it is very difficult to try and play the game if the rules keep on changing. It seems that no senior person of authority from Canada in the Pretoria office checks if the decision is correct or not!

Just my 2c …..

• Like 2

Dedré

I get so frustrated when I read stories like this. It just makes me boil inside!!!! :angry:

Sideline

Tokkie,

That is the worst news I have ever read on this forum. It is never nice to hear of anyone being rejected but under those circumstances. What a blow. Absolute shame I say.

Have they tried to appeal to PTA at all. Surely there must be a way to get a review of the case file? With that amount of evidence I would say that it at least deserves a look. Maybe even a complaint to CIC HQ (if there is something like that)

just my 2c as well.

Really really sorry to hear that and send her our best when you do communicate.

EvB

One word pathetic! Recommend you engage an immigration lawyer and speak to your MP for your area. It is time CIC lives up to their expectations they create.

Dedré

I agree Tokkie. You get a GREAT reaction once you have contacted your MP. Great suggestion!

annied

OK

to get back to our Saudi police clearance drama

we got the medical go-ahead but also had to supply Saudi police clearance.

after 8 weeks of struggling we still have nothing. at first they told us to submit fingerprints copy of passport and visa to the embassy in pta and we would have something after 8 weeks

so last week I phoned (again) to organise collection. imagine my suprise, all this time I have been confirming with them that all is well and they keep saying yes. so last friday the chap tells me that the system has changed and hubby has to fly to saudi apply there, they don't do it here anymore :blink: My whole weekend was a ball of worry and dread.

after chatting with EvB he calmed me down and gave me great advice]

I now have a 2cm thick wad of documents to send to CIC wich included all email correspondence attempting to get this silly doc, as well as detailed explainations of our plight, a timeline and a summary of all the dates that he was in Saudi.

I also finaly managed to get some word from his old employers. they basically told me that Saudi doesn't bother issueing and they gave me a letter which I will also send to CIC

it took me all morning to do, but I feel good and optimistic

bottom line - don't enter Saudi

Freddy

OK

to get back to our Saudi police clearance drama

we got the medical go-ahead but also had to supply Saudi police clearance.

after 8 weeks of struggling we still have nothing. at first they told us to submit fingerprints copy of passport and visa to the embassy in pta and we would have something after 8 weeks

so last week I phoned (again) to organise collection. imagine my suprise, all this time I have been confirming with them that all is well and they keep saying yes. so last friday the chap tells me that the system has changed and hubby has to fly to saudi apply there, they don't do it here anymore :blink: My whole weekend was a ball of worry and dread.

after chatting with EvB he calmed me down and gave me great advice]

I now have a 2cm thick wad of documents to send to CIC wich included all email correspondence attempting to get this silly doc, as well as detailed explainations of our plight, a timeline and a summary of all the dates that he was in Saudi.

I also finaly managed to get some word from his old employers. they basically told me that Saudi doesn't bother issueing and they gave me a letter which I will also send to CIC

it took me all morning to do, but I feel good and optimistic

bottom line - don't enter Saudi

Annied,

Thank goodness at least you are making progress in a way. I wish you all the best. The muslim countries can be very difficult especially KSA. I think you should use the CSI tool to log your complain/update, seems to provide quicker feedback...(my opinion)

annied

Frddy and EngCT have you guys sent your residency payment to pta. I want to go the bank tomorrow and get it

Then I can send pta my fat wad of documents and payment

Hopefully they will request passports then in 2 ticks

Freddy

Frddy and EngCT have you guys sent your residency payment to pta. I want to go the bank tomorrow and get it

Then I can send pta my fat wad of documents and payment

Hopefully they will request passports then in 2 ticks

I paId mine all at thebegining with my application fee so yeah am only waiting for PPR.

ENGinCT

Hi Annie

I paid mine when I received the medical request in the post, so they received that even before I went for the meds.

M.

annied

I postnetted my chq and wad of docs off yesterday so they sould have it tomorrow morning

I also sent a little email stating that I postnetted the stuff

lets wait...

ENGinCT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yessss!!!

Received the passport request e-mail this morning. It kinda made my office tea-time....wish I'd had some brandy to slip in!

I can't quite believe it's done. Two years and two months after sending off the initial app to Nova Scotia... Just a few months ago things seemed so bleak.

:D:D:D

Freddy

Yessss!!!

Received the passport request e-mail this morning. It kinda made my office tea-time....wish I'd had some brandy to slip in!

I can't quite believe it's done. Two years and two months after sending off the initial app to Nova Scotia... Just a few months ago things seemed so bleak.

Congrats friend...all the best.

Sideline

Congrats friend...all the best.

Very well done ENGiCT, the last leg is over now just the packing, moving, flying, settling in. ooi a whole new journey :lol:

But that is a fantastic new journey to look forward to anyway.

ENGinCT

Thanks guys!

And also everyone else who's helped, encouraged and advised me along the way - a heartfelt "Thank You!"

Have a great week. And for those still waiting... it's coming!

Jeanne

Yessss!!!

SO happy for you Marian! François sends his regards. Let us know what your plans are from here ;)

Wolverine

Welldone ENGinCT. off you go.

ENGinCT

Thanks very much, Jeanne and Wolvlie

It's such a great feeling...sigh.

Now, it's been at LEAST a few days since either of you posted some news - how's the settling-in going?

B)

Jeanne

Thanks very much, Jeanne and Wolvlie

It's such a great feeling...sigh.

Now, it's been at LEAST a few days since either of you posted some news - how's the settling-in going?

B)

We absolutely LOVE it here and the weather is perfect (a bit hot some days, but as you know the summers are short! Job wise... very important to network, luckily my brother in Boston knows a few people and we also have friends in Victoria. In MHO to apply on the Internet is a waste of time and takes hours.

So when will you hop on that plane my friend?

Wolverine

I fully with Jeanne about networking and job hunt. but i must say that it depends on what job you are looking at.

here in calgary, most jobs are trade/skilled jobs, and they are all over the place, if you know or have a trade qualification, painter to carpenter, forklift driver to warehousing, mechanic to IT, you will get a job by just applying on the internet. the way of writing the resume also counts.

a friend gave me a tip and said you must always say yes when they ask you if you have a car, even if you don't.

ENGinCT

Jeanne

I'm probably only moving over in March/April/May. I still need to do all the following:

1. Sell 2 properties

2. Understand how to move money or credit over without incurring big costs

3. Understand/decide on the 'official' immigration question

4. Investigate/prepare for the recognition of professional qualifications

5. Help my folks fix up their house a bit

6. Do a lengthy road trip around SA

7. Do a LOT of things "for the last time"...

:D

Freddy

Jeanne

I'm probably only moving over in March/April/May. I still need to do all the following:

1. Sell 2 properties

2. Understand how to move money or credit over without incurring big costs

3. Understand/decide on the 'official' immigration question

4. Investigate/prepare for the recognition of professional qualifications

5. Help my folks fix up their house a bit

6. Do a lengthy road trip around SA

7. Do a LOT of things "for the last time"...

:D

I am with on 1, 2, and 3. I will be watching the board to see experts opinion on these.

Cheers

MaryJane

I am with on 1, 2, and 3. I will be watching the board to see experts opinion on these.

Cheers

Hi ENGinCT, freddy

I am at the moment doing #1....finding it very depressing. I think I may have left it too late. But anyways.

For #2, the trick is to do it at the right time when the exchange rates are kind. Plus it depends how comfortable you are with the medium you using. I'd say for me at least half in cash and the rest either EFT'd or traveller's cheques. Also depending how much cash we talking about.

I am still stuck for #3. I'd like to formally emigrate. But since I might have a property still to sell (or to rent out then) by the time I leave, this might be an issue. I don't want to cause more hassles than what I think I'm gonna be having. The forum has numerous discussions regarding this topic.

I'll let you know with #4. I'm filling up the forms as we speak. I reckon there's nothing much to lose here if I do get one.