Sign in to follow this  
annied

pre June 2010 applicants

lgonsalves

our application status FINALY changed to "in process" on 23 April

We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 26, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Pretoria office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 23, 2012.

I am trying to get an idea of how long the next setp could take. those of you who received medical instructions since Nov'11, how long did you wait for it since your status changed to "in process"

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! So happy for you. Things are moving now.

Tracey22

Congratulations! I hope it is only good news for you now.

Lee-Ann32

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 26, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Pretoria office. They are pending review.

I am trying to get an idea of how long the next setp could take. those of you who received medical instructions since Nov'11, how long did you wait for it since your status changed to "in process"

Thats great news Annied!!!! :) I am quite jealous actually.... keep us posted. I hope it all goes super quick from here

MaryJane

Great news, Annied!

Our medical requests came around 2 weeks after the change in status. Then you'd have 60 days to get the medicals done. Get one as soon as you can. Sometimes the doctors are fully booked. You might encounter some problems with medicals as well (hopefully none though). Additional tests may be required. So if you do it early, the better.

You'll also need to pay the RPRF fees around the same time you get the medical requests. Some people also were asked to get new police clearances (although I did not).

Once sent off, send CIC the tracking number. Then about another 2 weeks from sending, the request to send passport off will be there.

Good luck!!!!!!

Dedré

Congratulations!

Mari K

Great News!

OutOfSa

Hi Everyone,

I have been absent for sometime now - wow, life can get busy when things start to move.

My signature tells the tale of the process - and all I can say is THANK GOODNESS IT'S THROUGH! What a mega-emotional-ride.

So we have been working on the house to make it salable. And today, the sale went through :cry: , my beautiful house all fixed up and sweet, gone, to what looks like students to be trashed. Hope I never have to see it again.... No going back now ;)

Our updated time line looks to be fly away mid July. PR-Check, House sold-Check, Contents sold-Check, Resigned-Check.

So I said to my brother the other day - things have gone remarkably smoothly, too smoothly <_< , I wonder if our lucky spell was by design or chance?

They say you make your own luck - hope I can make some more.... Jobs, new home, success......etc :D

Jeanne

Congratulations Annie!! ;)

Our status changed to "In Process" on 21 Oct 2011 and we received our medical instructions 13 December 2011 and the letter was dated 1 Dec 2011.

Edited by jeanne

Jeanne

Hi Everyone,

I have been absent for sometime now - wow, life can get busy when things start to move.

My signature tells the tale of the process - and all I can say is THANK GOODNESS IT'S THROUGH! What a mega-emotional-ride.

So we have been working on the house to make it salable. And today, the sale went through :cry: , my beautiful house all fixed up and sweet, gone, to what looks like students to be trashed. Hope I never have to see it again.... No going back now ;)

Our updated time line looks to be fly away mid July. PR-Check, House sold-Check, Contents sold-Check, Resigned-Check.

So I said to my brother the other day - things have gone remarkably smoothly, too smoothly <_< , I wonder if our lucky spell was by design or chance?

They say you make your own luck - hope I can make some more.... Jobs, new home, success......etc :D

A house sale today, WOW!!!!!!!!! So glad, congratulations and good luck for the home stretch! ;)

Dedré

Congratulations Craig. Have you guys got a date for landing? Where are you going to? I presumed Ontario?

OutOfSa

Congratulations Craig. Have you guys got a date for landing? Where are you going to? I presumed Ontario?

Hi Dedre

We don't have a specific date yet, all I know is it's likely to be mid July. That's when we expect to have to be out of the house. Our immediate destination is Ontario, but I must admit, I have eyes for other parts of the country. It's strange, we seem to be born into a lifestyle, we do as our parents did (my parents were strictly middle class, low risk, suburban). Now, suddenly I find myself overwhelmed with possibilities. My parent's route does not seem to be the only one anymore. Perhaps it's just day dreaming, I'm not sure. But I certainly wouldn't mind straying from the beaten track for a bit.

There was a great parks job going the other day, I was a bit late, but it would have suited me fine. It seemed like a warden-cum-scientist type of position. Look after the park, but gather and compile information. The salary was good and it was in Alberta. When I first mentioned such an idea to my wife, she flipped out. But that was because, instead of saying, 'hey how about this job', I said,' Ever thought of breaking out of the mold and doing something different.' Her woman translator sent it through as me deciding to go flower-power-bongo, or something like that. But once I managed to get her right side up, I explained it a bit more clearly, and she liked the idea. Hmmmm, perhaps she would like a man in uniform. She had the hots for the Mountie in a Canadian program called "Due South." :D

Well for now, it remains an interest and possibility, but we will see what life brings, so far she (life) has been kind and obliging despite the dark moments.

Amazing, I turned a simple one line question into a tale of dreams. You'd think I talk too much in life, strangely, I write more than I talk! ;)

Dedré
She had the hots for the Mountie in a Canadian program called "Due South." :D
I think he is cute too.

MaryJane

I think he is cute too.

It's been years and I haven't quite gotten him out of my mind yet as well. ***Swoon, swoon***

Tracey22

We do not get to see too many mounties. OPP do their role here! sigh!

ENGinCT

Yesss! - movement at last!!

Seen on Ecas today - yesterday was still 'Received by Visa Office'

Permanent Residence

We received your application for permanent residence on June 11, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on November 2, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 14, 2012.

So to all you other just-before-June 2010 candidates - hang in there, it IS happening!

I don't know how much of a coincidence it is, but yesterday I finally cracked and sent an enquiry to CHC in Pretoria. No reply, but today this!

:D

Wolverine

Congrats ENGinCT. Now depending on where you stay, expect a leeter in 3 weeks requesting medicals. Mine was drafter after 1 week of e-cas changing to "In process", then another 2 weeks before it got to me. Hang in there, the end is near

Sideline

OMG, what a rush on EVERY sense in your body.

Today we recieved the following email (well the important parts anyway)

..."We are currently reviewing your case and we urgently require additional information in order to complete our assessment.

Since your application is based on your experience as an *****************, it will be necessary for you to provide this office with a detailed letter from that employer which lists the following:

- exact period of employment;

- detailed list of all the duties which you perform;

etc etc

The letter which you previously submitted is not sufficient as it does not provide all the required information.

and so on and so on.

..."

Well if that is all that is wrong with the application, WHEW!

Only a small issue. The director and person responsible to give this information is away on a sabbatical for 2 months :cry:

No one else is available to give the letter required and to sign it off especially....

Oh sherbet, we are going to have to make some kind of a plan ASAP, cause CIC PTA want this letter by Friday 25th May, yikes.

Well its an update so we move one step closer to that elusive little PR thingy-ma-bob in the passports.

Yippee!

Edited by Sideline

annied

our status changed to in process on 23 Apr

on monday on the mail we received that long awaited brown envelope

MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS !!!

BUT...

there was another little letter wanting more documents

because hubby worked shift contracts in Saudi (only 2mths at a time) they now want a police clearance from there as well

Has anybody here ever managed to get a police clearance from Saudi Arabia

I am going crazy because it seems impossible

I phoned their embassy - no luck, I emailed various address in their country, they all send me the CIC link. I already know it by heart

I even emailed the RSA embassy in Saudi - no reply

and as if I am not a wreck already, this must be in Pta within 60 days, of which 1 week already lapsed in the mailing system.

Any advice?

Sideline

MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS !!!

BUT...

because hubby worked shift contracts in Saudi (only 2mths at a time) they now want a police clearance from there as well

I phoned their embassy - no luck, I emailed various address in their country, they all send me the CIC link. I already know it by heart

and as if I am not a wreck already, this must be in Pta within 60 days, of which 1 week already lapsed in the mailing system.

Any advice?

Annie I sent you a PM but says you cannot receive any new messages. Hope it gets to you though

Wolverine

AnnieD, try deleting some of your old messages to free your "inbox". A maximum of 50 messages can be "stored" in our inboxes at the time.

Sideline

Whew,

we managed to get the letter. The director that had to sign the letters off had not left yet and we go the info required.

Sent the stuff they requested and lots more so now they have all of what they need (well what they asked for and hopefully the last). B)

Heres to crossing the last of my limbs I have to cross (and i cannot tell you what it is either :rolleyes: )over what is already a giant untanglable knot.

So we back to the waiting game...

OMG, what a rush on EVERY sense in your body.

Today we recieved the following email (well the important parts anyway)

..."We are currently reviewing your case and we urgently require additional information in order to complete our assessment.

Since your application is based on your experience as an *****************, it will be necessary for you to provide this office with a detailed letter from that employer which lists the following:

- exact period of employment;

- detailed list of all the duties which you perform;

etc etc

The letter which you previously submitted is not sufficient as it does not provide all the required information.

and so on and so on.

..."

Well if that is all that is wrong with the application, WHEW!

Only a small issue. The director and person responsible to give this information is away on a sabbatical for 2 months :cry:

No one else is available to give the letter required and to sign it off especially....

Oh sherbet, we are going to have to make some kind of a plan ASAP, cause CIC PTA want this letter by Friday 25th May, yikes.

Well its an update so we move one step closer to that elusive little PR thingy-ma-bob in the passports.

Yippee!

Sideline

Umm,

Houston we might have a problem?

We sent of all the letters and info they (CIC PTA) needed and now we dont have access to CIC check application site. Says cannot identify etc etc. :o

GULP :unsure:

Ok, maybe there is hope still. Initial application was done on old passport and spouses surname was unmarried name (never bothered changing it till passport needed renewing). Then it was renewed and we informed PTA with copy of new passport.

Always had access under old passport name/surname etc.

Now we wondering if they have updated the details (new names etc) and maybe a new file number?

Has anyone ever had something like this?

HELP! This dark space is very unsatisfying...

Mari K

The same is happening to us - since Friday or Saterday evening! I am very relieved now, Sideline!

Umm,

Houston we might have a problem?

We sent of all the letters and info they (CIC PTA) needed and now we dont have access to CIC check application site. Says cannot identify etc etc. :o

GULP :unsure:

Ok, maybe there is hope still. Initial application was done on old passport and spouses surname was unmarried name (never bothered changing it till passport needed renewing). Then it was renewed and we informed PTA with copy of new passport.

Always had access under old passport name/surname etc.

Now we wondering if they have updated the details (new names etc) and maybe a new file number?

Has anyone ever had something like this?

HELP! This dark space is very unsatisfying...

Sideline

The same is happening to us - since Friday or Saterday evening! I am very relieved now, Sideline!

:D Mari, thank you. that makes the load allot easier to carry. This deep dark space we got catapulted into was very frightening I tell you. We can now dig out the candles and wait for the light to go back on as it were...

MaryJane

MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS !!!

BUT...

Any advice?

Hi Annie

Have you been able to get a police clearance from Saudi Arabia? I was doing some research on another site and found some information. Apparently you are able to request a "certificate of good moral character" from your husband's Saudi employer, where it states that he was not involved in any criminal offense while there, and your husband can also do an affidavit to this effect.

Hope this helps.