Sign in to follow this  
annied

pre June 2010 applicants

Kiena

Van een Joubert aan 'n ander Joubert = BITTER BAIE GELUK, is saam met julle verheug! ;)

:ilikeit:

Sideline

Well our time too has arrived.

Also about a year after submitting our full docs to Pretoria, we received a AOR e-mail this morning from Pretoria.

Holding thumbs, and any other legal parts I am allowed to mention on the forum, that things move on now, WHEW! step 3 starting (1 was submit to NS, 2 was submit to PTA, 3 PTA working on it)

MariK we are running this race close together it seems, :lol:

Sideline

Edited by Sideline

OutOfSa

Hi all

Hope your plans are working out... Estate agent comes tomorrow to let us now how long we can expect to be stuck here in SA. Wanna GO!

So Ouma goes to the Daughter in CT. Here she's told, by the son-in-laws father that we are idiots to go to Canada. They know people that went and they live in abject poverty in a tiny house in a tiny place and have nothing to eat.

Also, the only reason we chose Canada was because no other countries are taking SA people anymore, only Canada is accepting people. Because it is such a crappy place, it's a last resort for SA people....???? :censored:

OKay.....Excuse me, do you even know where Canada is ?? Funny, I though Australia and New Zealand were taking thousand of Saffers per year.

Sorry sir, you are not even barking up the wrong tree, you barfing ludicrous refuse.

There is no fool like an old fool, so they say...

I chose Canada for may reasons, probably too broad for your silly little mind to grasp.

And I would not even consider going to Auz or NZ - even if you gave me PR for them tomorrow. :angry:

I was doing a bit of research, discovered that since '95, 800 000 whites have emigrated from SA. That's 20%, of the white population all skilled and productive. It seems also that it is not uncommon for qualified blacks to leave as well...

Dedré

Hehehee, classic. It seems that for every 5 oaks out there who knows everything and someone who didn't make it extremely well off in Canada (and who are desperate to come back), there is a stupid fool who wants to emigrate and doesn't know "all" the facts about "all" the pain and suffering out there!

Its true though. Some people come over with arrangements that would make you and me cringe of anger. We know of two families who have come over on WP's, did everything Canadian immigration wanted of them according to the book. Behind the doors they signed contracts with their employer that they will not work for the stated amount the government stipulated for their trade, but for an amount far less than that. When they arrive here, they are unable to live off that money. People are desperate to leave SA and will do it easily under even worse circumstances.

It is not possible for everyone to be rich here in Canada, but not everyone on this side live in abject poverty. Most of us have at least a penny to spare in the month for the piggy bank :lol: .

Be warned, people will try and steal your joy now that they know about your plans. We just learned early on to nod and say: "...oh, really?" and moved on.

Adjusting on this side is not easy, but possible.

MaryJane

My youngest, who is 8 years old, came home from school one day, telling me that she's told some of her friends that we were going to settle in Canada in the near future. One of her friends then told her that the place she wants to go to (Canada) is near the North Pole and that no one survives there because of the cold. "We will die if we go to Canada!!" my child exclaims.:o :o :o

This from the mouth of babes on the playground.:lol: :lol: :lol:

OutOfSa

My youngest, who is 8 years old, came home from school one day, telling me that she's told some of her friends that we were going to settle in Canada in the near future. One of her friends then told her that the place she wants to go to (Canada) is near the North Pole and that no one survives there because of the cold. "We will die if we go to Canada!!" my child exclaims.:o :o :o

We all love what kids say, because they are just kids.

But we expect better from people that are supposed to be well educated... well I do !

These type of insane statements really get under my defenses - I do not suffer fools easily !!! (From adults.)

I totally get the North Pole thing - good on the kid for having an idea where Canada is, I bet those old farts that burbled the tripe I had to put up with don't even know where Canada is ! :boxing:

Lee-Ann32

Got this email this morning....

Dear Mr. Joubert,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We wish to advise your case is finalised and immigration visas issued and ready for collection. Kindly

make arrangements for collection of these immigration documents from our office. Our collection

times are between 11h00 and 12h00 Monday to Friday.

Best regards,

Mary-Jane Makgopela

Canadian High Commission, Pretoria

1103 Arcadia Street, Hatfield, 0083 or

Private Bag X14, Pretoria, 0028

Fax: 012-4223053

WHOOO HOOOOOO!!! well done!

Tracey22

At the time of emigrating, my youngest was 6. He did not want to come to Canada because he was worried he would be forced to talk "funny" aka with an American accent. This was really distressing him.

6 weeks after arriving, he picked up the Canadian accent and now tells me I speak incorrectly!

Wolverine

At the time of emigrating, my youngest was 6. He did not want to come to Canada because he was worried he would be forced to talk "funny" aka with an American accent. This was really distressing him.

6 weeks after arriving, he picked up the Canadian accent and now tells me I speak incorrectly!

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Bet he's got difficulties understanding you well.

rroberts

We went for our medicals on Friday and paid our right of permanent residence fees.We are in Canada and although our application is being done through Pretoria, our medicals will be sent to Ottawa for processing. Anyone know the timelines from sending off medicals to Ottawa to hearing from PTA calling for Passports?

MaryJane

Must say that I never quite lost my American accent even whilst being in South Africa for 20 years. My friends say I'll fit right in.

ENGinCT

Well our time too has arrived.

Also about a year after submitting our full docs to Pretoria, we received a AOR e-mail this morning from Pretoria.

Holding thumbs, and any other legal parts I am allowed to mention on the forum, that things move on now, WHEW! step 3 starting (1 was submit to NS, 2 was submit to PTA, 3 PTA working on it)

MariK we are running this race close together it seems, :lol:

Sideline

Hi Sideline

I also received an e-mail from Pretoria today, just about 13 months after submitting my full package to them - I'm pre-June 2010.

But it doesn't really say anything, other than confirming my UCI and B numbers and the date of my initial application to Sidney, NS. No "we're now processing your file, Sir" or anything like that.

Do you think it's taken them this long to realize that my file is in their office?

Some sign of life is better than nothing, but really I SO need some movement!

:-(

Jeanne

Hi Marian!

At least something is happening, ons hou duimvas!!!

We had a nice time Saturday night and we all missed you.

Take care

AJ

ENGinCT

Hi Marian!

At least something is happening, ons hou duimvas!!!

We had a nice time Saturday night and we all missed you.

Take care

AJ

Dankie Alida, glad you guys had a good time!

Best of luck with the no-doubt-chaotic final arrangements. We must definitely chat on the phone at least, before you fly.

Later,

M

Sideline

Hi Sideline

I also received an e-mail from Pretoria today, just about 13 months after submitting my full package to them - I'm pre-June 2010.

But it doesn't really say anything, other than confirming my UCI and B numbers and the date of my initial application to Sidney, NS. No "we're now processing your file, Sir" or anything like that.

Do you think it's taken them this long to realize that my file is in their office?

Some sign of life is better than nothing, but really I SO need some movement!

:-(

Hi ENGinCT,

It was nothing that wonderful either (no thats a lie It is great to know we exist in the system, finally), but it was something. But I am sure that at least now they "have" to work on it cause they confirm that it is there. (Like I dont know that already. I dropped the friggen thing - hundreds of pages to be exact - off personally and after 13 months they can tell me it has been received? Wonders I tell you? I sure hope all my papers are still in it, hehe. And btw what took you so long, just cause you have 5 million other files on your desk, does that mean mine is less important?)

However we have always felt that the time for things to happen are exactly when they are supposed to and we will be most ready to accept the amazing gift of a new beginning and a new life in a new country, with new friends and pseudo family to be made. So we wait patiently because we know the best time is still ahead, bring it on, cause we are having a ball at the moment and if it gets better, Yippee!

Cheers

Sideline

Edited by Sideline

Jeanne

Dankie Alida, glad you guys had a good time!

Best of luck with the no-doubt-chaotic final arrangements. We must definitely chat on the phone at least, before you fly.

Later,

M

You are welcome to join us for a drink on Saturday 28 April 18:00 at Buena Vista on the R44 between Stellenbosch & Somerset-West ~ sort of a farewell party!

http://buenavistas.co.za/

http://g.co/maps/s3nyd

;)

Edited by jeanne

ENGinCT

Hi ENGinCT,

It was nothing that wonderful either (no thats a lie It is great to know we exist in the system, finally), but it was something. But I am sure that at least now they "have" to work on it cause they confirm that it is there. (Like I dont know that already. I dropped the friggen thing - hundreds of pages to be exact - off personally and after 13 months they can tell me it has been received? Wonders I tell you? I sure hope all my papers are still in it, hehe. And btw what took you so long, just cause you have 5 million other files on your desk, does that mean mine is less important?)

However we have always felt that the time for things to happen are exactly when they are supposed to and we will be most ready to accept the amazing gift of a new beginning and a new life in a new country, with new friends and pseudo family to be made. So we wait patiently because we know the best time is still ahead, bring it on, cause we are having a ball at the moment and if it gets better, Yippee!

Cheers

Sideline

You're right, it is a positive step.

Vasbyt, I can FEEL movement coming...!

ENGinCT

You are welcome to join us for a drink on Saturday 28 April 18:00 at Buena Vista on the R44 between Stellenbosch & Somerset-West ~ sort of a farewell party!

http://buenavistas.co.za/

http://g.co/maps/s3nyd

;)

Will do !

M ;)

annied

there is life in PTA !!!!

while I was investingatin plan GH or J (PNP to nowfoundland !!!) I got an email today...

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to proceed with the processing of your application, it will be necessary for you to provide us with the following documents within 30 days:

- original letter of reference from Gates Accounting Services. The letter must be written on a company letterhead and must provide your position title, period of employment and a detailed description of the duties you have performed.

- updated documentary proof of unencumbered funds available for transfer to Canada.

We look forward to receiving these documents shortly.

Regards

Immigration Section/DH

Canadian High Commission

Pretoria, South Africa

did anyone else out there get this.

I reckon they have to recheck my funds seeing has it has been quite some time since we applied

I also didn't attach a letter etc from my current work as no-one here knows anything, now I have to organise something without too many questions.

Tracey22

I also didn't attach a letter etc from my current work as no-one here knows anything, now I have to organise something without too many questions.

Position it to your boss as improving the documentation around your job profile. HR audits generally always state that a Job description is not in the hR file. Ask your boss if you can document the HR description so that it is there for audit purposes?

Dedré

We did the same. We requested the info from HR for the same "reasons". No one thought differently.

annied

our application status FINALY changed to "in process" on 23 April

We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 26, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Pretoria office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 23, 2012.

I am trying to get an idea of how long the next setp could take. those of you who received medical instructions since Nov'11, how long did you wait for it since your status changed to "in process"

Wolverine

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 26, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Pretoria office. They are pending review.

I am trying to get an idea of how long the next setp could take. those of you who received medical instructions since Nov'11, how long did you wait for it since your status changed to "in process"

When my application changed to "in process", it took 2 weeks to get meds instructions from the post. They wrote the meds instructions one week after my e-cas changed to in process and it took a further week to be delivered. So based on that, i'm guessing sometimes next week by friday latest, you should received your meds instructions.

Good luck

Smallbee

Hello annied,

Congrats on getting to the next step!

Our application was received in Nova Scotia 30 Nov 2010, reviewed and status changed to "in process" 1 March 2011. We received request for supporting docs 13 Dec 2011, med requests 1 Feb 2012, meds received in London 2 March 2012 and passport requests 2 April 2012.

Hope this helps with gauging your approximate timeline.

Best wishes,

Debbie

ENGinCT

Hi Annie!

That's AMAZING !!!

Gonna check my E-cas right now...!

:D