Sign in to follow this  
Jeanne

Post 26 June 2010 Applications

mmherselman

Dr Coucher is a very strange but friendly man and he is in his late seventies. When I wanted to tell him about my operations (tonsils and wisdom teeth) he wasn't interested and just waived at me and said he is only interested in major live threatening conditions. He didn't even ask us the questions on the list. Very strange indeed. The lung x-rays and blood tests are done at another place in Claremont and you have to drive there. The x-rays are pretty straight forward and the results of the blood tests take about a day and will be sent to the doctor. You have to take the lung x-rays back to the doctor yourself and the receptionist will then courier everything via DHL to London and the processing takes 3 weeks. Hopefully the embassy in Pretoria will request our passports not long after that!

Good luck!

Very strange indeed and half blind too but all went well YEEHAW!

Wolverine

Medicals done! Now its the wait for passport requests. Does anybody know how that is done, snail mail or email?

I heard you get a snail mail from them requesting your passport. The mail says something like "dear XYZ, we are now ready to issue you a visa, please kindly forward your passports to the embassy bla bla bla".

How mch did you get charged for the medicals?? I m still waiting for my instructions

Jeanne

How mch did you get charged for the medicals?? I m still waiting for my instructions

Have a look on page 7 of this thread.

mmherselman

I heard you get a snail mail from them requesting your passport. The mail says something like "dear XYZ, we are now ready to issue you a visa, please kindly forward your passports to the embassy bla bla bla".

Check my reply to yr question on my status yesterday ;)

Wolverine

Check my reply to yr question on my status yesterday ;)

Thanks. I did. It's only now that I realised you are in CT. I'm in Jozi. prices WILL definitely vary.

DiW

Just came back from holiday, and I just found a yellow envelop in my mail box. Thank god, that's the long anticipated medical request. Tears....

I have 2 questions:

1. I am in JHB (or Pretoria). Which doctor, Any suggestions?

2. I have to submit my PCC and landing fee, and I want to use courier service, which address to send?

Street Address

1103 Arcadia Street

(Corner Arcadia and Hilda Streets)

Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa

Postal Address

High Commission of Canada

Private Bag X13

Hatfield, 0028, Pretoria, South Africa

Edited by DiW

DiW

I just got my Medical Request again from my Post July/1 application, just 3 days after received our June/26 Medicals.

Now I have two Medical Requests at hand. Have to cancel one. Pretoria Office requests PCC and Right of Permanent Residence fee, Beijing Office requests my passport as well as the Right of Permanent Residence fee.

I need to withdraw 1 application new. hard decision.

:D

Wolverine

I just got my Medical Request again from my Post July/1 application, just 3 days after received our June/26 Medicals.

Now I have two Medical Requests at hand. Have to cancel one. Pretoria Office requests PCC and Right of Permanent Residence fee, Beijing Office requests my passport as well as the Right of Permanent Residence fee.

I need to withdraw 1 application new. hard decision.

:D

Beijing Office??? Maybe you should cancel the older of the two.

DiW

Beijing Office??? Maybe you should cancel the older of the two.

1st application sent to Pretoria, 2nd application sent to Beijing Office.

Vanessa

Medicals (done in Toronto) were sent to Ottawa on January 20th.

Checked ECAS now and it's been updated as Medicals Received!!!!!

I wonder if the updates are correct!!!!!

DiW

I just found out the cheapest flight to Toronto is from Etihad R5407. oneway.

And I also got a quote for shipping 1 m3 for R9700. this is more expensive than the value of all my stuff. Where to find an affordable shipping company?

mmherselman

And I also got a quote for shipping 1 m3 for R9700. this is more expensive than the value of all my stuff. Where to find an affordable shipping company?

U-bag. Cheapest all round... Costing me R20000 for 8 huge1mx&70cm totes plus huge 3x2m box with paintings...

Smallbee

Wondering how long between supporting documents and medical requests???

I'm able to answer my own question now..... :)

Supporting docs requested = 13 Dec 2011

Docs submitted = 17 Jan 2012

Medical requests = 1 Feb 2012

= 7 weeks

Can't believe that it is finally happening!!!

We don't seem to be able to concentrate on anything else. I find myself walking in six different directions before I stop and ask myself what precisely is you want to do?

GERA

wow I just saw that .That is a really good price .I think I might go with that .Thanks for posting

Dedré

Not too long at all. Your medicals didn't even take the 3 months either! Wow. Happy for you guys.

OutOfSa

U-bag. Cheapest all round... Costing me R20000 for 8 huge1mx&70cm totes plus huge 3x2m box with paintings...

I tried the quote engine and :

Estimated Cost

To Airport (Please read)

ZAR

12175455.00 (12 Million???) Hmmm.... perhaps not for me. I need to do a recalculation!!!

DiW

I tried the quote engine and :

Estimated Cost

To Airport (Please read)

ZAR

12175455.00 (12 Million???) Hmmm.... perhaps not for me. I need to do a recalculation!!!

Maybe we should just sell everything.

annied

hold on with selling your stuff

it seems that a lot of you guys (with medicals just done) could be off very soon - try to share a bit of container space

DiW

I got 3 different quotes from Crown. U-bag. and Seven Seas World Wide

I have 2 (31x72x49cm 30KG) luggage bags to be sent to Toronto from Johannesburg.

Crown: R16000 door to door

U-bag: R2870 collect from the Airport. R6880 door to door service.

Seven Seas world Wide: R2800 door to dorr service.

Seven Seas world Wide gives the best price. but I am not sure how reliable is this company. anyone used this company before?

Dedré

NEVER EVER use 7 Seas! They broke ALL our stuff. The boxes were delivred by UPS on this side. The guy made me (female) carry it up 3 flights of stairs because he doesn't get paid to do it - they were to "heavy" for him. ALL our stuff had dents and/or were broken. It was a HUGE disappointment. I lost valuables I inherited from my grandmother. It was irreplaceable.

Short of it is, 7Seas do not worry about small fries like boxes. They play soccer with it on the way to Canada. It stops at the US border and is unpacked and repacked by just chucking it all back in to the box.

NEVER EVER EVER USE 7SEAS! They are cheaper but they suck and don't care!

I heard U-Bag is quite awesome!

DiW

NEVER EVER use 7 Seas! They broke ALL our stuff. The boxes were delivred by UPS on this side. The guy made me (female) carry it up 3 flights of stairs because he doesn't get paid to do it - they were to "heavy" for him. ALL our stuff had dents and/or were broken. It was a HUGE disappointment. I lost valuables I inherited from my grandmother. It was irreplaceable.

Short of it is, 7Seas do not worry about small fries like boxes. They play soccer with it on the way to Canada. It stops at the US border and is unpacked and repacked by just chucking it all back in to the box.

NEVER EVER EVER USE 7SEAS! They are cheaper but they suck and don't care!

I heard U-Bag is quite awesome!

Thanks for the suggestion, will use u bag.

Dedré

You are more than welcome.