Sign in to follow this  
Jeanne

Post 26 June 2010 Applications

Vanessa

Congrats Jeanne!!! we probably just behind you........,

Vanessa

Jeanne, did PTA request new PCC as well?

miko1100

Jeann Congrats,

you are the first I have heard with a medical request from the Post june 2010 category. I pray that our own medical request comes before Xmass too.

Jeanne

Jeann Congrats,

you are the first I have heard with a medical request from the Post june 2010 category. I pray that our own medical request comes before Xmass too.

Thank you and I will keep you in my prayers!

Jeanne

Jeanne, did PTA request new PCC as well?

Nope and we don't think they will either, or let me put it this way, we hope not since last time we waited 9½ weeks for it and it was SO stressful!

mmherselman

Congrats! Please let us know how medicals went and which doctor you are going to see. :D

Smallbee

Fantastic news, we received our much awaited brown envelope in the mailbox today! The most wonderful Christmas present ever!!! Now to try and see the doctor ASAP.

Are we the first post June 2010 applicants that received medical instructions?

Congratulations Jeanne, GERA, MaryJane & Melonie!! It is so uplifting and encouraging to watch each applicant graduate along this loooong road to immigrating.

We have just received email requesting supporting documents. What a range of emotions we are feeling at the moment.....mostly "deers in the headlights"! Wondering how long between supporting documents and medical requests???

Edited by Smallbee

Jeanne

Congrats! Please let us know how medicals went and which doctor you are going to see. :D

Thanks! We wanted to go to Dr Wolhuter since we've heard that she's very good, but she wanted to see us at 11:00 this morning - unfortunately that wasn't possible and she's only available again early January.

We then made an appointment with Dr Coucher for Tuesday and the documentation will be couriered to London next Thursday/Friday depending how long the results for the blood tests will take, usually it's a day or two.

And gosh it's an expensive operation this one, PLUS the fees that has to be paid to the embassy (luckily we are in time since it's going up 17 Dec)

Holding thumbs for you guys ;)

DiW

Thanks! We wanted to go to Dr Wolhuter since we've heard that she's very good, but she wanted to see us at 11:00 this morning - unfortunately that wasn't possible and she's only available again early January.

We then made an appointment with Dr Coucher for Tuesday and the documentation will be couriered to London next Thursday/Friday depending how long the results for the blood tests will take, usually it's a day or two.

And gosh it's an expensive operation this one, PLUS the fees that has to be paid to the embassy (luckily we are in time since it's going up 17 Dec)

Congrates, Good News!

I am still waiting to hear something from Pretoria. Pray.........

mmherselman

What is it going to cost? :unsure: And have you any idea how much the Right of Permanent Residency Visa is going up by? :o

Jeanne

What is it going to cost? :unsure: And have you any idea how much the Right of Permanent Residency Visa is going up by? :o

Not sure what the increase is with regard to the Right of Permanent Residency Visa.

Medicals PER person (principal member, spouse and dependent children above 18; don't know what the cost is for minors):

R700,00: examination fee

R514,00: x-rays

R183,90: blood tests

Total: R1 397,90/person

R410,00: total courier costs from CT to London (in our case it will be R520,00 since we are 5 applicants and our envelope will weigh more than 1kg!)

The courier costs must be paid in cash and the rest in either cash or cheque since the doctor we use don't have credit card facilities.

Vanessa

Early Christmas Present!!!!

Received the much anticipated brown envelope requesting medicals to be done!!!!!!

Dawn

Early Christmas Present!!!!

Received the much anticipated brown envelope requesting medicals to be done!!!!!!

That's great, Vanessa! Happy Christmas! :)

mmherselman

And my prayers were answered too! Got medical requests. Yay! Best Xmas present ever!

:D

Jeanne

And my prayers were answered too! Got medical requests. Yay! Best Xmas present ever!

Fantastic guys we are SO happy for you, I just knew it will happen for you before Christmas! Congratulations to you also Vanessa!!

mmherselman

Fantastic guys we are SO happy for you, I just knew it will happen for you before Christmas! Congratulations to you also Vanessa!!

Thank you!! How was Dr Coucher? I can get an appointment with him next week, and 6 Jan with Dr Wolhuter?!

Jeanne

Thank you!! How was Dr Coucher? I can get an appointment with him next week, and 6 Jan with Dr Wolhuter?!

Dr Coucher is a very strange but friendly man and he is in his late seventies. When I wanted to tell him about my operations (tonsils and wisdom teeth) he wasn't interested and just waived at me and said he is only interested in major live threatening conditions. He didn't even ask us the questions on the list. Very strange indeed. The lung x-rays and blood tests are done at another place in Claremont and you have to drive there. The x-rays are pretty straight forward and the results of the blood tests take about a day and will be sent to the doctor. You have to take the lung x-rays back to the doctor yourself and the receptionist will then courier everything via DHL to London and the processing takes 3 weeks. Hopefully the embassy in Pretoria will request our passports not long after that!

Good luck!

Wolverine

Congratulations, now are you going to change your profile message as well??? lol

mmherselman

Dr Coucher is a very strange but friendly man and he is in his late seventies. When I wanted to tell him about my operations (tonsils and wisdom teeth) he wasn't interested and just waived at me and said he is only interested in major live threatening conditions. He didn't even ask us the questions on the list. Very strange indeed. The lung x-rays and blood tests are done at another place in Claremont and you have to drive there. The x-rays are pretty straight forward and the results of the blood tests take about a day and will be sent to the doctor. You have to take the lung x-rays back to the doctor yourself and the receptionist will then courier everything via DHL to London and the processing takes 3 weeks. Hopefully the embassy in Pretoria will request our passports not long after that!

Good luck!

Thanks so much! Made appointment. YAY!

mmherselman

Congratulations, now are you going to change your profile message as well??? lol

:P

Dedré

congratulations Vanessa and mmherselman!

mmherselman

Made appointment for medicals on 3 Jan, 9:45 at Dr Coucher. Will keep you all in the loop. Thanks for support!

Jeanne

Made appointment for medicals on 3 Jan, 9:45 at Dr Coucher. Will keep you all in the loop. Thanks for support!

Good luck!! ;)

Wolverine

Lucky you. Some of us in Jozi must wait till Jan 5th, hoping the Drs are not booked out.

mmherselman

Medicals done! Now its the wait for passport requests. Does anybody know how that is done, snail mail or email?