Sign in to follow this  
Jeanne

Post 26 June 2010 Applications

DiW

I just got another PER (Positive Eligibility Review) email from CIC today.

Vanessa

I thought your file was in process already

DiW

I thought your file was in process already

I don't know, e-case shows In process, but side shows PER status.

miko1100

Does anyone know when Pretoria will begin to attend to the Post june 2010 applications?

Chambolin

I thought they had already started. I probably mis read somewhere.

yusuf

I thought they had already started. I probably mis read somewhere.

Chambolin, if you don't mind me asking, when did your complete file go to Pta?

mmherselman

Just an update on my timeline so far, I have applied as a skilled worker with an approved job offer. I work through lawyers Campbell and Cohen in Toronto, I fould them extremely efficient and professional. So here goes:

Full file (IELTS, Police Clearance, University degree Transcripts, Unabridged Birth Certificates,and all the other paraphenalia) submitted 14 June 2011. Received Positive determination of Eligibility 10 August 2011. Received Unique Client Identification number and Application number 12 August, as well as AOR (Pretoria) 12 August 2011. Status changed to "Received by Visa Office" on 25 August 2011. Status changed to "In Process" on 24 October 2011.So, now awaiting medical instructions...

Chambolin

Chambolin, if you don't mind me asking, when did your complete file go to Pta?

Yusuf, I received my selection certificate from France in October and applied for my PR visa on Nov 20 2010. Received confirmation of receipt from CHC Pretoria in Dec and in Jan 2011, request for some ommitted documents. Documents submitted in Feb and received medical forms in June. Medicals was completed on June 28th and request for passport on Sept 28th. Two weeks after that, we got our visas.

miko1100

Are you in the category of post June 2010? that is did you apply for the skilled PR visa under the instructionthat was issued on the 26th June 2010?

yusuf

Yusuf, I received my selection certificate from France in October and applied for my PR visa on Nov 20 2010. Received confirmation of receipt from CHC Pretoria in Dec and in Jan 2011, request for some ommitted documents. Documents submitted in Feb and received medical forms in June. Medicals was completed on June 28th and request for passport on Sept 28th. Two weeks after that, we got our visas.

Wow. That's quick movement! Congratulations ;)

miko1100

It is awfully quiet here!

DiW

It is awfully quiet here!

Blame Pretoria Office.

I have a question:

If I do my Medical outside South Africa, will the Result directly sent to Pretoria, or they only send to the local visa office and update the system and then inform Pretoria Office? which one will take longer?

miko1100

I have no idea.

Tracey22

Blame Pretoria Office.

I have a question:

If I do my Medical outside South Africa, will the Result directly sent to Pretoria, or they only send to the local visa office and update the system and then inform Pretoria Office? which one will take longer?

My experience was interesting wrt the medicals. We did our medicals in JHB, and they were recieved in Nairobi 2 days later. 4 weeks after the medicals, we were sent a furtherence letter dated 4 weeks after the medicals. Included in the letter was a fax from the Nairobi office dated 3 days after they received the medicals, asking for furtherences. Pta sat on the request from Naironi for 3 weeks before requesting anything from us. So my take-away from this is that Pta does not necessarily act as and when documents are recieved. they have their own timelines and deadlines.

Also, from talking to colleagues at work who are also here on PR from other countries, all the embassies are the same - there is no communication from them. So Pta does not seem to be doing anything different from the embassies in other countries.

annied

do you guys think Pta will "close" or scale down activity over the upcoming holiday season?

Jeanne

Does anyone know when Pretoria will begin to attend to the Post june 2010 applications?

Our file was transferred to PTA in April and 21 Oct our ECAS status changed to "In Process", so something is happening! Hopefully we'll get our medical forms before Christmas, won't that be a wonderful gift ;)

Edited by jeanne

Wolverine

Did anyone go the Quebec route?? was he/she "priority"?? and what are the timelines when federal applications are sent to PTA?? I'm quite scared with what I read. PTA seems to be very slow. It's worrisome

DiW

Did anyone go the Quebec route?? was he/she "priority"?? and what are the timelines when federal applications are sent to PTA?? I'm quite scared with what I read. PTA seems to be very slow. It's worrisome

yes, Pretoria is DEAD slow, and unpredictable.

Wolverine

But it's really ridiculous, cos other embassies like paris are bloody busy, but they still manage to give you your medical letter a week after u hand in your federal application, and 2months later u have your visa.

Maybe PTA hasn't got time for us. they have other businesses they prioritize on

Tracey22

Guys, I really do not think it is Pta. I have stated in previous posts that other ermbassies are experiencing the same thing. A guy that works with me from ecuador waited 24 months on the 2008 application and he said his brothewr is still waiting from 2006.

mmherselman

Things seem to be happening in Pta. Lots of status changes to "In Process" since mid October 2011, and it seems some Medical Requests have been sent out too. Do we dare hope???

Chambolin

I went the Quebec route and still believe that it is faster. Once accepted by Quebec, you still have to apply for the PR visa from Pta and it still took me 11 months to get my PR from Pta. My friends in Europe did Quebec and took nine months from applying for selection certificate to getting their visa.

Edited by Chambolin

Cathy K

Parent sponsoring should also speed up a bit. Since 5 November no new applications are being accepted for two years, in order address the big backlog. A new supervisa for parents was announced on the 2nd of December. Parents can now visit Canada for two years at a time and even extend this visa after the two years. This will help parents to move to Canada while they wait for their application to be processed. They must have private medical insurance for this period.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2011/2011-12-01.asp

mmherselman

I went the Quebec route and still believe that it is faster. Once accepted by Quebec, you still have to apply for the PR visa from Pta and it still took me 11 months to get my PR from Pta. My friends in Europe did Quebec and took nine months from applying for selection certificate to getting their visa.

Did you have an approved job offer?

Jeanne

Fantastic news, we received our much awaited brown envelope in the mailbox today! The most wonderful Christmas present ever!!! Now to try and see the doctor ASAP.

Are we the first post June 2010 applicants that received medical instructions?