Sign in to follow this  
Jeanne

Post 26 June 2010 Applications

DiW

any news?

My address disappeared today, when I was checking my E-cas. Does that mean Pretoria is going to move?

DiW

It's September, anything happens?

it's toooooo quiet here

Vanessa

Applied in September 2010

AOR from Sydney NS December 2010, received via email, stating that they are now sending the application to Pta

We used the B number and checked the E-CAS: "application received at Visa office"

Since December 2010 nothing has changed however yesterday, we received an email from PTA, stating that they received our application and quoted the same File number, but nothing changed online.........

I am confused, is this normal, did anyone else get a similar email from PTA

Edited by Vanessa

DiW

Applied in September 2010

AOR from Sydney NS December 2010, received via email, stating that they are now sending the application to Pta

We used the B number and checked the E-CAS: "application received at Visa office"

Since December 2010 nothing has changed however yesterday, we received an email from PTA, stating that they received our application and quoted the same File number, but nothing changed online.........

nothing at all here.

DiW

Maybe we will get the same email soon.

Smallbee

Hi Vanessa,

I see on their website that they "make online changes usually on Tuesdays", so hopefully this coming week will reflect a change to your application status.

miko1100

I am really curious to know what is happening in Pretoria office. Other visa ffices are making progress but no one really knows what is happening and if anything will happen concerning this group of Post June 2010 applicants. Any idea, please?

DiW

I am really curious to know what is happening in Pretoria office. Other visa ffices are making progress but no one really knows what is happening and if anything will happen concerning this group of Post June 2010 applicants. Any idea, please?

nothing is happening at all.

DiW

My 2nd application status changed to "In Process"(post July 2011), the first application is still showing"RBVO" (Post June 2010)

so now my E-case is showing 2 status:

In Process & RBVO

Lets see which one will be faster.

Edited by DiW

Vanessa

Application status changed to "In Process" -says application processing started October 18th!!!!

Does this mean we should be receiving medical requests shortly?????

DiW

Application status changed to "In Process" -says application processing started October 18th!!!!

Does this mean we should be receiving medical requests shortly?????

My 1st application status also changed to "In process" today.

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 20, 2011. "

Now My 2 applications are "In Process", I really hate this. I guest the visa office will ask me to keep which application.

Edited by DiW

Vanessa

Finally there is movement!

@DIW: will they refund you since you paid twice? And did you send PCC already with your application?

DiW

Finally there is movement!

@DIW: will they refund you since you paid twice? And did you send PCC already with your application?

I have no Idea if they will refund my application fee, But I will send a request for reimbursement . I send a PCC to Pretoria Visa Office in May , but I got a CAIPS note in October which shows no updates from Pretoria. But I will make another PCC next week anyway, just 120 rand for me and my wife.

I was planing to apply a short course and study at Toronto in Jan 2012, Because of Pretoria Office's slowness, I have to postpone it. I blame them.

Edited by DiW

miko1100

2nd application showing in-process, while the post June 2010 still show RBVO; How do one reconcile that? Knowing full well that nothing has happened to anyone who applied post June 2010.

I don't just get it.

DiW

2nd application showing in-process, while the post June 2010 still show RBVO; How do one reconcile that? Knowing full well that nothing has happened to anyone who applied post June 2010.

I don't just get it.

new policy came out in 2011 July, so you can apply again after 2011 July 1st.

Edited by DiW

Tracey22

I have no Idea if they will refund my application fee, But I will send a request for reimbursement . I send a PCC to Pretoria Visa Office in May , but I got a CAIPS note in October which shows no updates from Pretoria. But I will make another PCC next week anyway, just 120 rand for me and my wife.

I was planing to apply a short course and study at Toronto in Jan 2012, Because of Pretoria Office's slowness, I have to postpone it. I blame them.

We had 2 applications in at the same time - one for 2007 and one for 2009. We only withdrew the 2007 application when we landed, and got a full refund. You can withdraw an application at any point before they issue visas, and they will refund you.

Consider only withdr4awing the first application when you actually get your visas.

DiW

We had 2 applications in at the same time - one for 2007 and one for 2009. We only withdrew the 2007 application when we landed, and got a full refund. You can withdraw an application at any point before they issue visas, and they will refund you.

Consider only withdr4awing the first application when you actually get your visas.

This really helps. thank.

when did you land?

Edited by DiW

Tracey22

This really helps. thank.

when did you land?

Feb 2011

Vanessa

Does anyone have a rough estimate when PTA will request medicals after application went

"in process" October 18

2011?

DiW

Does anyone have a rough estimate when PTA will request medicals after application went

"in process" October 18

2011?

Pretoria is really unpredictable. I thought I could get my medicals in May 2011.

Chambolin

DIW is so right. Pretoria is very unpredictable. They requested medicals four months after my application showed in process but I did the Quebec application. I am not sure whether it matters. I don't believe in the on line status because my status still showed in process even after I received my PR visa. Good luck to all of you.

Smallbee

I don't believe in the on line status because my status still showed in process even after I received my PR visa. Good luck to all of you.

We too don't give much credence to the online status, as our first app has shown "In Process" for exactly 4 years this month and our 2nd app has been "In Process" for 8 months without a word from Pretoria. At this point, I wish that I could see 10 years down the road. Is there hope or is this a futile exercise?

Tracey22

We too don't give much credence to the online status, as our first app has shown "In Process" for exactly 4 years this month and our 2nd app has been "In Process" for 8 months without a word from Pretoria. At this point, I wish that I could see 10 years down the road. Is there hope or is this a futile exercise?

I landed in February, and have my PR. If I check online, it still says "In progress"

Vanessa

Tracy and Chambolin, can you please share your timeline

My concern is we need to send our passports to Buffalo to obtain multi entry visas inorder for my husband to go on a business trip to Austrailia and the timeline to get our passports back is a month and half! And since PTA is so unpredictable we not sure what to do!!!!!

Tracey22

we applied in may 2009, and landed in feb 2011