Sign in to follow this  
Jeanne

Post 26 June 2010 Applications

Smallbee

Hi Smallbee

Did you originally get an email from CIO saying that they reviewed your file and sending to PTA, they give you a "B" number, which use as your immigration file number to check your status on the E-cas and the update says "Received by your Visa etc". My question is: Did you get a second email from Pretoria, giving you a new number which is the "E" number you are referring to?

Thanks

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

We have submitted 2 FSW applications: 1st app = Nov 2007 received a "B" file number from PTA. 2nd app = Nov 2010 received an "E" application number from CIO Nova Scotia. To date, I haven't heard from PTA regarding our 2nd application, but found that the "E" number from CIO NS worked when checking our status online.

Hope that you hear positive news soon!

Regards, Debbie.

Jeanne

I am a little concerned my status. it's been Received by Visa Office since Feb 2011. I may have to write an email to inquire about my application.

can I ask when did you notice that your status changed into In Process? before In Process, was it also Received by Visa Office?

Jeanne, can you also tell me your e-cas status, if you don't mind?

"We received your application for permanent residence on August 13, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 6, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Nothing else :(

DiW

"We received your application for permanent residence on August 13, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 6, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Nothing else :(

don't worry too much.

It seems that all the Visa offices are starting with post 6/26 applicants, except Pretoria. I believe that Visa Office will be awake in May.

good luck for all of us

Jeanne

good luck for all of us

B)

Vanessa

I think we still going to apply for work permit extensions seeing how slow the wheels are turning in PTA:(

DiW

I think we still going to apply for work permit extensions seeing how slow the wheels are turning in PTA:(

:ilikeit:

DiW

another week with no reply :cry:

Jeanne

another week with no reply :cry:

Wait till tomorrow when they update their website, bly positief!! ;)

DiW

Any news guys?

it seems that I have overestimated Pretoria Office. I could had sent my application to other office.

Jeanne

A week ago our ECAS changed to "Received by Visa Office".

Edited by jeanne

DiW

A week ago our ECAS changed to "Received by Visa Office".

congratulation! now we are on the same boat.

Jeanne

It's simply unbelievable that most applicants from other countries who applied the same time as we did (and AFTER that) have already received PR! I wonder what de heck is going on at the Pretoria visa office!! :ph34r:

See for yourself: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status-t49421.0.html

DiW

you can say that again. fully agree.

DiW

another month.

any news, guys?

Vanessa

No news:(. So frustrating!!!!!!

DiW

No news:(. So frustrating!!!!!!

post june 26 is about end this month. do you guys want to apply for the new program? This time I won't send my application to Pretoria. never!

one of my friend sent her application to Beijing in Jan 2011, then she got Medical Request in April 2011, now the Medical Request is received and passport sent. how unfair!!!!

yusuf

post june 26 is about end this month. do you guys want to apply for the new program? This time I won't send my application to Pretoria. never!

one of my friend sent her application to Beijing in Jan 2011, then she got Medical Request in April 2011, now the Medical Request is received and passport sent. how unfair!!!!

Any idea what the new program will be like?

DiW

Any idea what the new program will be like?

I guess some of the occupations that have reached the cap will be moved away from the list. also

• Each occupation will have different language requirement for the lowest marks.
  • The language is 16% of the total mark, it will changed to 20%
  • the age become an important factor. if you <35 yrs old, you will get 12. if you >35yrs old, the mark will be deducted.

source:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2011/2011-02-17.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-02-17a.asp

Edited by DiW

yusuf

I guess some of the occupations that have reached the cap will be moved away from the list. also

• Each occupation will have different language requirement for the lowest marks.
  • The language is 16% of the total mark, it will changed to 20%
  • the age become an important factor. if you <35 yrs old, you will get 12. if you >35yrs old, the mark will be deducted.

source:

http://www.cic.gc.ca.../2011-02-17.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca...2011-02-17a.asp

Interesting, Thanks!

DiW

Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration, Frustration,

DiW

how long is the processing time for post june 26 application?

SeanvanDeventer

Hi

Well apparently it should also be 14 months from when your application reaches PTA.

Cheers

DiW

This is what I got from Linked in

Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Forum

Ottawa only has only allowed Pretoria to finalise 470 FSW application this year. Thus, if you were the 471st post-June 26th file to reach Pretoria, it was already foredoomed to be deferred until 2012 at the earliest. However, If you look at CIC's processing time-lines, you will see that it projects 14 month for files such as yours, meaning that even if you were the first such file to reach Pretoria, it would not likely be assessed until early 2012. In the meantime, anyone who applies after July 1st this year would be given preference over your file -- and any filed after last June 26th and not yet assessed. Thus, it is not the least bit surprising that your e-cas status reveals absolutely no activity -- because there hasn't been any.

The situation is even more bleak, of course, for those who applied before you. Pretoria's backlog for those files goes to 2004. Yes, 2004! The only other applicants in that boat applied in West Africa, the Sub-Continent, Damascus and Manila (except that the website is showing processing two months sooner than the Embassy itself admits).

Given Pretoria's historic backlog, minuscule annual quota and CIC's queue-jumping processing policy, you should put the idea of immigrating to Canada on the back-burner, living your life as though RSA is your home forever, or join the lawsuit I expect to launch in July if at least 50 people join together. For more details about it, please send an email directly to me, and I'll send a summary in reply as an attachment. My direct email is: TEL@myForefront.com.

----------------------------------------------

what you guys think? wait, re-apply or to join the lawsuit?

Edited by DiW

Tracey22

what you guys think? wait, re-apply or to join the lawsuit?

Why not do all three:

1. wait for the existing application and see what happens

2. Apply under the new process. then see which application comes through first. you can always withdraw either application and get a refund

3. Also join the lawsuit (isn't Nico in this forum working something out?)

canada2010

I am just wondering whether they won't change their story again next year as soon as all of the new applications and re-applications are submitted, pushing both your applications to the back of the line and having a new Post June/July 2012 group. They will probably get swamped by new re-applications making the backlog bad once again...