Sign in to follow this  
Jeanne

Post 26 June 2010 Applications

Jeanne

I have already said, I am just providing an infomation. You ignore it if you like.

But I don't accept any intimidation from anybody!

Ek stem saam DiW; op sacanada deel ons ervarings en inligting en probeer mekaar help en ondersteun hopelik op 'n positiewe manier. Dis baie onaangenaam as sekere mense aanvallend raak en dis heeltemal onnodig!

DiW

NEWS

The first Decision Made from post 6-26 applicants. it's a Manila Applicant

check this link:

http://www.canadavis...9421.23670.html

Edited by DiW

Jeanne

Breaking News!!!!!

If I am not mistaken, A New Delhi applicant just "graduated" from Post 26/June program.

Grasshopper

New Delhi

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJy8Qu8lcQbdGxiSnNhME5sVi1uRlZtUWNhOEFwemc&hl=ar&authkey=CLDXsFAgid=0#gid=0

(source: canadavisa forum)

In which column can you see that, "eCAS status"?

DiW

In which column can you see that, "eCAS status"?

open the link and find Grasshopper (ctrl+F) in row13

eCAS status: Decision Made (DM)

I also found a DM in Beijing Forum.

Edited by DiW

DiW

Is the Visa office calling you on a private number or not, I got a miss call today (number hidden)?

Edited by DiW

Jeanne

open the link and find Grasshopper (ctrl+F) in row13

eCAS status: Decision Made (DM)

Gosh to think that Grasshopper's application was received at the CIO on 6 Aug 2010 and ours only a week later - 8 months to get PR - not bad at all!

DiW

Gosh to think that Grasshopper's application was received at the CIO on 6 Aug 2010 and ours only a week later - 8 months to get PR - not bad at all!

I am getting mad recently as I have seen many applicants are "graduating". we haven't heard anything.

BUT I have a strong feeling that we will all get our visa soon.

Edited by DiW

Jeanne

I am getting mad recently as I have seen many applicants are "graduating". we haven't heard anything.

BUT I have a strong feeling that we will all get our visa soon.

Yes I believe so too, practise positive thinking!! ;)

DiW

please read this, it's a email reply from Beijing Visa Office:

Dear ##,

:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker category. Unfortunately, at this time it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of Ministerial Instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected. This is due to the fact that the volume of applications received during this time was much higher than anticipated. With the introduction of the cap on submissions under the second set of Ministerial Instructions (effective June 26, 2010), the intake of new Federal Skilled Worker applications has been limited to better match the number that can be processed within the annual immigration levels plan tabled in Parliament.

Yours sincerely,

Visa and Immigration Section

Canadian Embassy, Beijing

19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie, Chaoyang District

Beijing, 100600, People's Republic of China

source: http://forum.iask.ca

Jeanne

News flash!! We received the much anticipated e-mail from CIO yesterday: "Your file is now being forwarded to the visa office for further processing"! We now hope to get our medical instructions very soon.

I've noticed on www.canadavisa.com that some applicants from other visa offices had to submit their passports already when they received their medical instructions and from there it took less than a month to get PR, wow!

Any news from the other post 26 June applicants?

Smallbee

News flash!! We received the much anticipated e-mail from CIO yesterday: "Your file is now being forwarded to the visa office for further processing"! We now hope to get our medical instructions very soon.

Any news from the other post 26 June applicants?

We received our "Your file is being forwarded....." email from CIO Nova Scotia on the 1st March. Haven't heard from Pretoria Visa Office yet. Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect......before we receive medical instructions we will be given 120 days to gather further documentation, proof of funds + Police Clearances, which means the soonest med. requests could be asked for is Oct/Nov.

Jeanne

We received our "Your file is being forwarded....." email from CIO Nova Scotia on the 1st March. Haven't heard from Pretoria Visa Office yet. Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect......before we receive medical instructions we will be given 120 days to gather further documentation, proof of funds + Police Clearances, which means the soonest med. requests could be asked for is Oct/Nov.

You are correct; you will be given 120 days if they request any further documentation. We submitted our proof of funds and police clearances with our full application in Aug 2010, but they might request new police clearances, hopefully not!

Have you applied for your police clearances yet? If not I strongly urge you to do so since ours took 9½ weeks and you might run out of time. At least it is valid for 6 months and after 5 months you can just apply for updated ones and don't have to go through the whole finger print procedure again.

DiW

Do we need to submit the prove of funds again? I sent it with my application already.

have you all checked your e-cas? My is showing : Received by Visa Office.

Jeanne

Do we need to submit the prove of funds again? I sent it with my application already.

have you all checked your e-cas? My is showing : Received by Visa Office.

Only upon landing...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arriving.asp

"You must present the following documents upon your arrival:

Your valid passport and/or travel documents. Your passport must be a regular, private passport. You cannot immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.

Your valid permanent resident visa, and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your permanent resident visa. Please note that this document cannot be extended. Make sure you use it before it expires.

Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada."

Edited by jeanne

Smallbee

Have you applied for your police clearances yet?

Thank you for the confirmation Jeanne! I feel that we are as prepared as can be but occasionally I get these panic attacks that we are going to be caught sleeping. We applied for our police clearances on 4th Feb and after 8 weeks I phoned them to find out if they were ready for collection and they told me that they were ready 4 weeks ago!!

DiW: Our e-cas is showing "In Process". File forwarded to Pta 1 March.

DiW

Thank you for the confirmation Jeanne! I feel that we are as prepared as can be but occasionally I get these panic attacks that we are going to be caught sleeping. We applied for our police clearances on 4th Feb and after 8 weeks I phoned them to find out if they were ready for collection and they told me that they were ready 4 weeks ago!!

DiW: Our e-cas is showing "In Process". File forwarded to Pta 1 March.

My e-cas is still showing Received by Visa Office. (It was CIO-Positive Eligibility Review complete, then to Received by Visa Office)

click it, it has two lines:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 22, 2010.
  2. We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 25, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Do you have the 3rd line indicating that your application is under review?

if you have the third line, it means they have already started checking our applications. but for some reason, my e-cas is still showing the old status.

Smallbee

My e-cas is still showing Received by Visa Office. (It was CIO-Positive Eligibility Review complete, then to Received by Visa Office)

click it, it has two lines:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 22, 2010.
  2. We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 25, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Do you have the 3rd line indicating that your application is under review?

if you have the third line, it means they have already started checking our applications. but for some reason, my e-cas is still showing the old status.

Yes DiW, we have a 3rd line stating "Application reviewed & started processing 1 March 2011."

DiW

Yes DiW, we have a 3rd line stating "Application reviewed & started processing 1 March 2011."

I am a little concerned my status. it's been Received by Visa Office since Feb 2011. I may have to write an email to inquire about my application.

can I ask when did you notice that your status changed into In Process? before In Process, was it also Received by Visa Office?

Jeanne, can you also tell me your e-cas status, if you don't mind?

Edited by DiW

Smallbee

can I ask when did you notice that your status changed into In Process? before In Process, was it also Received by Visa Office?

Unfortunately I can't be of much help answering your question, as I have been waiting this entire time for a new file number from Pretoria Visa Office once they contacted us with 2nd AOR letter. Two days ago I decided to see if the "E" reference number received from CIO Nova Scotia would work and saw that our e-cas status was "In Process" with 3 lines of updates. I see that they update e-cas status on Tuesdays. I hope that you will see a change in your status very shortly!

Vanessa

Hi Smallbee

Did you originally get an email from CIO saying that they reviewed your file and sending to PTA, they give you a "B" number, which use as your immigration file number to check your status on the E-cas and the update says "Received by your Visa etc". My question is: Did you get a second email from Pretoria, giving you a new number which is the "E" number you are referring to?

Thanks

Vanessa

DiW

Hi Smallbee

Did you originally get an email from CIO saying that they reviewed your file and sending to PTA, they give you a "B" number, which use as your immigration file number to check your status on the E-cas and the update says "Received by your Visa etc". My question is: Did you get a second email from Pretoria, giving you a new number which is the "E" number you are referring to?

Thanks

Vanessa

hi, vanessa. did you also applied under post 6/26? do you mind to share your time line?

Vanessa

Yes we did

Sept 2010 sent to CIO

Dec 2010 Received in PTA

E-cas says "Received by Visa Office"

We are in Canada on Work Permits, we are worrying now because it expires in Jan 2012, we thinking of applying for an extension of Work Permit, the waiting is so stressful :(

DiW

don't worry too much we are all on the same boat. I will apply again for the new program in 2011, if I hear nothing from Pretoria by the end of June.

can we create a google docs, and share our time lines on the internet?

like this:

https://spreadsheets...uthkey=CObSp-MC

Edited by DiW

DiW

Skilled worker faces three-year wait for immigration

Published On Tue Apr 26 2011

Three years ago, Ottawa overhauled the federal skilled worker program, touting that the changes would cut processing time down to less than a year.

But prospective migrant Pedram Yousefi was shocked to find out recently that there is a two-year delay in his application to immigrate to Canada under the program.

"I am disappointed, ultra-disappointed," said the IT manager in Tehran. "When you spend lots of hours investigating the best way to get a better life, count every day and assume to get results in a year, suddenly an official says they are working on files received two years ago. How do you feel?"

The Conservative government changed the criteria for the skilled worker program in 2008 to reduce a backlog of 900,000 immigration files.

"We expect new federal skilled-worker applicants . . . to receive a decision within six to 12 months compared with up to six years under the old system," Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said at the time.

"(These changes) will help ensure that Canada remains competitive internationally and responsive to labour market needs domestically."

Under the new regulations, 38 eligible occupations were created, including jobs in the fields of health, skilled trades and the financial sector. Skilled workers whose occupations are on the list are to be fast-tracked for acceptance as permanent residents. Those who do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be processed and the application fee will be refunded.

These control mechanisms now appear insufficient.

"The number of applications we received exceeded our ability to process them in a timely way," Citizenship and Immigration Canada spokesperson Kelli Fraser said in a recent email.

Fraser said the department in June restricted the qualifying occupations from 38 to 29, and capped an annual quota to process 20,000 applications, including no more than 1,000 applications per job category.

Yousefi, 33, who has 10 years experience in IT, submitted his application in May 2010. A February letter from the Damascus visa post informed Yousefi that it was still processing new applications dated March 2009.

"A simple calculation shows that my file, along with many others, is not going to be processed prior to 2013," said Yousefi. "It's unacceptable."

While acknowledging the wait in Damascus stated on the immigration department's website is longer than the nine months, immigration officials say it does not reflect the situation across the board, and that the first applicant under the June 2010 selection criteria got the decision in five months.

"Factors which can influence why processing may take longer from one visa office to another include the number of applications received, particularly if there is an existing inventory which has to be processed," said Fraser. "We are committed to reducing processing times."

Other visa posts experiencing longer than expected wait times include the Ivory Coast, Egypt, Kenya, Israel, Hong Kong, South Korea, Russia, Guatemala, Jamaica and the United States (Buffalo).

Wait times for skilled immigrants

Applications received between Nov. 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010:

Visa office Processing times in months

Abidjan — Ivory Coast 19

Cairo — Egypt 18

Nairobi — Kenya 18

Buffalo — USA 17

Hong Kong 14

Tel Aviv — Israel 14

Seoul — South Korea 14

Moscow — Russia 14

Guatemala City — Guatemala 14