Sign in to follow this  
Nico

Class Action against CIC

Guest abc
We applied Jan 2002. We qualify under both laws and have submitted the new IRPA forms and requirements.

steve,

have you recieved anything from them since you sent in your irpa updates? acknowldegement letters, interview required letters... etc.?

steve

Well.... :offtopic: we actually only couriered them off yesterday! :ilikeit:

How long do you think they will take before we receive any acknowledgement letters etc. ? (bearing in mind that they haven't asked us for the IRPA forms yet. We just sent it to them because they will ask for it anyway when they do eventually get to our case)

Guest fjalbuena

hi, i sent updates which included new IRPA forms and also IELTS results and spouse and dependent child documents on May 5, 2003. i recieved a letter stating that i will be called to an interview dated June 17, 2003. so i guess you should expect a reply within 6 weeks time (45 days)

ly1

Dear Friend(Fjalbuena)

I sent my IRPA docs to CHC London on 10th April but haven't heard from them as yet.

Can you tell if your sent your IRPA docs to CHC London.If i am not mistaken I think your erred in saying your interview is on June 17th right.We are in september month now.Is it oct 17th.Can you please let me know what was there in the letter they sent to you.Your help is appreciated. Pls reply

Also Steve,

They are processing Oct to Dec 2001 cases in Buffalo successfully so why only cases at CHC London are frozen.I don't think they can have 2 set of rules for 2 different visa posts. I dont think it makes sense to pull out now and file a new application.I wouldn't mind waiting to seek justice (If it exists in the world today :-)))

Guest fjalbuena

hi ly1,

what i meant was i recieved a letter stating that i will be called for an interview with a visa officer to facilitate processing of my file (no interview date has been scheduled yet). that letter was dated june 17, 2003 ( i recieved it july 1, 2003, there seems to be a two-week lag ) which is approximately 45 days from when i sent the irpa updates on may 5, 2003.

i have heard somebody comment that this could possibly be just a sort of acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) of my irpa updates and that they have not actually reviewed the updates i have sent yet. i hope this is the case with my updates. i'm really hoping to get an interview waiver.

Guest fjalbuena

by the way, i lodged my application at the canadian embassy in manila, philippines which is one of the most heavily back-logged visa processing posts. they advise on their website of pr visa issuance between 48 to 54 months.

Guest am

hi fjalbuena,

i have already submitted all my new forms and req'ts last May 23, 2003. Good to hear that you've received an immediate reply from the embassy in manila. It's been almost four months and no acknowledgment has been sent to us yet. Are you aware of other applicants who may in the same boat as you are, or in any case, as I am, in the Philippines? tnks in advance for the rely.

Guest fjalbuena

hi am,

i only know of 1 other person who submitted updates at about the same time as i did. as of now she has not recieved any letters from the embassy yet. i do not know why this is the case. the only difference between our updates is that i submitted ielts results while she submitted "written proof of english language ability" (no ielts)

Guest Guest
Yes PLEASE!!!! elaborate. We need to know more.

Regards

Barbara

what will be the next after the recent announcement of Immigration Minister ?

Nico

Hi ,

Your guess is as good as mine!!!!

Nico

Guest Guest

don't pin your hopes in getting to Canada, soon anyway. look for other places. United States, Australia, New Zealand.... Canada isn't the only game in town.