Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

GERA
Hi don’t forget about us, were whitin Canada (Calgary) since June 2007 ;)

Also waiting for PR visa, with very little communication from Pretoria's side

Theyve requested our Pasports 2 weeks ago, so we'll see

I think your battle is finally over with CHC Pretoris and you have won it !!! But know you ,will only be satisfied when you see those visa in your passports ....I geuss the fact that they say 6 to 12 months one tends to concentrate on 6 months and never imagines that it can take 12 months or more!!

EvB
Doen 'n CAIPS, julle moes al gehoor het

Jy kry die vorm by hierdie adres, stuur 'n $5 tjek saam asook fotostate van julle paspoorte en ook toestemmingsbriewe van die persone oor agttien op die aansoek

Merk net die blokkies "Receive copies of Records" en "CAIPS(information abroad)" en vul CHC se adres in , asook jou lêer nommer

Dit vat so ses weke om terug te kry

Alles wat nog ooit aan jou leêr gedoen is, word daarop aangeteken

Jy sal kan sien waarmee hulle besig is

As dit lyk of dit nog 'n tyd gaan neem, stuur weer een in sodra jy die eerste een ontvang het, dis nie te duur nie, en so weet jy darem wat aangaan

Dit is 'n smart plan.

Ek staan onder korreksie, maar moet mens nie in Kanada wees om die CAIPS aan te vra nie? Indien dit die geval is vra /magtig familie lid bwv std CIC magtingsvorm of vra/gee opdrag aan Immigrasie konsultant net om die een taak namens jou te doen. Stuur bevestingsbrief saam met magtingsvorm wat dit so bevetig en uiteensit dat die CAIPs navraag is net die een aangeleentheid waar iemand namens jou die inligting mag ontvang

Ek hoop dit help

GAMAWOES
Doen 'n CAIPS, julle moes al gehoor het

Jy kry die vorm by hierdie adres, stuur 'n $5 tjek saam asook fotostate van julle paspoorte en ook toestemmingsbriewe van die persone oor agttien op die aansoek

Merk net die blokkies "Receive copies of Records" en "CAIPS(information abroad)" en vul CHC se adres in , asook jou lêer nommer

Dit vat so ses weke om terug te kry

Alles wat nog ooit aan jou leêr gedoen is, word daarop aangeteken

Jy sal kan sien waarmee hulle besig is

As dit lyk of dit nog 'n tyd gaan neem, stuur weer een in sodra jy die eerste een ontvang het, dis nie te duur nie, en so weet jy darem wat aangaan

Hallo Blesbuck

Gewonder hoe gaan dit nog met jou!

Baie dankie vir die inligting- sal dadelik dit doen.

Kiena
Dit is 'n smart plan.

Ek staan onder korreksie, maar moet mens nie in Kanada wees om die CAIPS aan te vra nie? Indien dit die geval is vra /magtig familie lid bwv std CIC magtingsvorm of vra/gee opdrag aan Immigrasie konsultant net om die een taak namens jou te doen. Stuur bevestingsbrief saam met magtingsvorm wat dit so bevetig en uiteensit dat die CAIPs navraag is net die een aangeleentheid waar iemand namens jou die inligting mag ontvang

Ek hoop dit help

na watter adres stuur mens die versoek?

GERA
Thought this will be a blessing for everyone in this situation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_EFS5i39l8

Okay Guys look at this

This CIC web site was updated on 27/07/2010

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/t...ed-fed.asp#note

It says there "Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, is currently working on applications received up to May 7, 2010""

For those who have submitted their docs to Pretoria 80% of the cases are finalised in 9 months .......It was previously 7 months .......so HAPPY waiting to us all.

My question is when do they sart counting the months ? from AOR or from 120 day letter.

annied
Okay Guys look at this

This CIC web site was updated on 27/07/2010

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/t...ed-fed.asp#note

It says there "Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, is currently working on applications received up to May 7, 2010""

For those who have submitted their docs to Pretoria 80% of the cases are finalised in 9 months .......It was previously 7 months .......so HAPPY waiting to us all.

My question is when do they sart counting the months ? from AOR or from 120 day letter.

any indication of when they woll get to the apps received the rest of May - mine for example

GERA
any indication of when they woll get to the apps received the rest of May - mine for example

WHO KNOWS !!! I just saw on another thread that now they have increased the time on the AOR(You get that when you submit your docs to PTA) On the AOR they state there that should you not receive a response from them within a certain period of time,you are free to contact them.

It was previously 3 months .......now apparently its 12 months . So who knows I geuss they flex their muscles as an when they please so we just pray hope and excercise patience .

annied
WHO KNOWS !!! I just saw on another thread that now they have increased the time on the AOR(You get that when you submit your docs to PTA) On the AOR they state there that should you not receive a response from them within a certain period of time,you are free to contact them.

It was previously 3 months .......now apparently its 12 months . So who knows I geuss they flex their muscles as an when they please so we just pray hope and excercise patience .

They need to stop moving their timelines around

I want to get started with my new life and I am not getting any younger

EvB
They need to stop moving their timelines around

I want to get started with my new life and I am not getting any younger

And SA represents a micro-dot of the annual quota (SA approx 1371 and China 29,000). I do not think it is Ptia that takes long it is quota driven plus, Ptia processes lots of other visas for most of Southern Africa. What bugs me is the nice zero percent interest free loans the Canadian Government receives from all pending applicants.

[what follows is not whining at all I am very happy with my life in Canada, merely trying to crystallize real costs if you can quantify it] And waiting times do not take indirect costs into account, so the true costs of long waiting times is far more than the fees you pay. For instance the longer the wait the longer before you get into the real job market on this side, the longer it takes to purchase property (prices go up and property is much more expensive here compared to SA). when on WP or SP you cannot make use of RRSP's, you cannot get decent life cover you battle to get initial credit. Hence the longer the waiting times the higher the total costs and CIC receives free funding. Adding to the indirect costs is the effect of stopping to live in your home country whilst you wait.

Kiena

Ok, in 2 weeks our supporting documents will be in Pretoria for a year, with no request of medicals in sight.

I applied for cape from Ottowa,

Today my husband went to see the MP office in Fort McMurray where he is working presently ( yes with this wait we are away from my husband and only see him every second to third week for the weekend only and we pay the traveling costs)

Anyway he explained to them that its been a year, they dont answre our emails etc etc.

They are taking over now, she said by law they have to answre them as the MP office and she will get to the bottem of this

She told us not to contact Pta anymore because they will handle it now.

She said she had another South African couple who had the same problem,

there was no issue with their app, just thatb the husband extended his workpermit, not extending the wife or the kids as it was still valid, and

it was just laying on someone's desk, just a case of Pretoria being very un organised!

This is the same issue with ours, as my husband's visa was extended due to a new job and my daughter and mine is still valid to January....

The MP office already emailed them and Bcc us in the mail, and now we wait....

GAMAWOES

Kiena

Ek dink ek gaan dieselfde roete met neem. Ons is 22 Julie al oor ons 1 jaar tydperk. Ons medies is al 26 Maart gedoen en ek wag nog vir Ottawa om vir ons te sê wat op ons leêrs aangaan. My grootste probleem is dat hierdie ons baie baie geld kos omdat ons net moet sit en wag vir iemand om hulle werk te doen. Sal more ingaan op hierdie een.

Kiena
Kiena

Ek dink ek gaan dieselfde roete met neem. Ons is 22 Julie al oor ons 1 jaar tydperk. Ons medies is al 26 Maart gedoen en ek wag nog vir Ottawa om vir ons te sê wat op ons leêrs aangaan. My grootste probleem is dat hierdie ons baie baie geld kos omdat ons net moet sit en wag vir iemand om hulle werk te doen. Sal more ingaan op hierdie een.

Ja, ek dink dit is 'n goeie idee, die ander couple wat ek hierbo van vertel het: Pta moes vir hulle net gese het om hul paspoorte te stuur en omdat hulle so ongeorganiseerd was het dit net daar gele!

Miskien is julle sin dieselfde geval.

GAMAWOES
Ja, ek dink dit is 'n goeie idee, die ander couple wat ek hierbo van vertel het: Pta moes vir hulle net gese het om hul paspoorte te stuur en omdat hulle so ongeorganiseerd was het dit net daar gele!

Miskien is julle sin dieselfde geval.

Kiena-ek het vir jou 'n e-pos gestuur. Benodig inligting.

Kiena
Kiena-ek het vir jou 'n e-pos gestuur. Benodig inligting.

het jy my epos gekry?

GAMAWOES
het jy my epos gekry?

Kiena-nog nie. Ek het vir jou weer 'n e-pos gestuur.

Kiena

so last week when my husband went to see the MP office in Fort Mcmurray she emailed the following

Subject: Gerrie Joubert File ID Bnnnnnnn

Greetings,

I am inquiring on behalf on my constituent named above and his wife: Stephanie DOB July 10, 1972 and daughter Yvone DOB Jan 14, 1996 who applied for PR status in Canada.

It is my understanding that they initially applied for PR in July 2009, then August 19 2009 the file was transferred to Pretoria and they have not heard any correspondence since then.

His work permit expires in 2012 however Stephanie, the wife’s permit expires in Jan 2011.

They are very concerned with regards to their status and needs clearness for the work permits.

Can you please provide me with a

1. Timeline that my exist on the file

2. What, if any documents that maybe required to complete the application

3. Any other information that I can pass along to the constituent for clarity

Thank you for your kind review of this file and I look forward to your response.

Kindest regards,

Tracey Terry

Constituency Manager

Office of Brian Jean MP

Fort McMurray – Athabasca

Today she received the following reply:

[i]Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:27 AM

To: Jean, Brian - Riding 1

Subject: RE: Gerrie Joubert File ID Bnnnnnnnn

Good morning

Please be advised that we contacted Mr. Joubert on 27 January 2010 requesting documents which were required to enable us to conduct a review of his case. Mr. Joubert should have submitted these documents together with his application in August 2009, but did not do so. We contacted Mr. Joubert again on 26 May 2010 as one of the crucial outstanding documents was still not correct. Mr. Joubert provided the required document on 04 June 2010 and the file is currently with an officer for review. As the processing of this file is unlikely to be completed by January 2011, Mrs. Joubert should ensure that she applies for the necessary extension of her work permit through the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, well in advance of its expiry.

I trust this information will assist.

Yours truly

They dont mention that we contacted them various times and that they replied on our queries!

also they dont mention that the docs they requested in January was paystubs and my husbands new employer letter for the new company

so we could not hae sent it in August 2009 as he was still with the previous employer.

The doc in May was the employer letter which the wording was not good enough and they received it on June 4 as they mention,

but dont say why they have not contacted us since.

Our file has been at an officer since March already according to previous emails

And now it will be at least till January!!!!!

They drive me insane!!!

Edited by Cathy

Jamisons

that's cooked. back to the waiting game

Tokkie B

Hi Kiena ek voel saam met jul. Die frustrasies is oneindig groot. ;) Maak nou net seker jy kry jou werkspermit datum verleng.

Tracey22

I did the medicals in March 2010, and got a reply for furtherences in April. We sent these back on 29 April 2010. We were told to wait 6 weeks for a response. After 6 weeks and no response, we faxed PTA to get an update, and were told that they have up to 30 days to respond. After this time, we can fax again and wait another 30 days. Well, apparently, this process can go on and on and on. It is now the middle of september, and still we wait for another 30 days!

GAMAWOES
I did the medicals in March 2010, and got a reply for furtherences in April. We sent these back on 29 April 2010. We were told to wait 6 weeks for a response. After 6 weeks and no response, we faxed PTA to get an update, and were told that they have up to 30 days to respond. After this time, we can fax again and wait another 30 days. Well, apparently, this process can go on and on and on. It is now the middle of september, and still we wait for another 30 days!

We are in the same situation. Cannot even get information out of CAIP. We are busy with them now for two months. They are also waiting for Pretoria according to the lady in the Ottawa office.

canada2010

Waiting 4 months now to the day for CIO NS to reply. The Canadians are on a go slow or just overall very slow.

Kiena

arggghh, still waiting here.....when I checked my caips notes which I have information until August 31st, my file was forwarded to someone on August 14th...

no medical requests yet, think my husband need to go to the MP office again for them to email and ask them what is the holdup!!!!!

Status online still showing received by Visa office August 19 2009.

I have to pay an additional $275 to extend my wp visa and my daughter's study permit as it expires in January, and Pta said it would not be finalised before January!!!

They are driving me isane!! :lol:

tracy7

Hi All

I submitted my forms to CIO on 22 Feb 2010, they emailed me on 22 April 2010 to say we had been recommended for further processing and that we had 120 days to submit the full application to Pretoria.

I submitted to full app to Pretoria on 4 Aug 2010, it was received by Pretoria on 6 Aug (I followed up with the postal service using my postal tracking number)

Since then NOTHING!

My status online on http://www.cic.gc.ca still states "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete ”.

I emailed Pretoria on 08 Sept 2010 to ask if they have a record of my application and if I am using the correct file number to check my application as I thought that perhaps my status would now be “IN PROCESS (Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)”

and still NOTHING! No reply, no change in status

Not sure what to do next except WAIT! :blink:

GAMAWOES
Hi All

I submitted my forms to CIO on 22 Feb 2010, they emailed me on 22 April 2010 to say we had been recommended for further processing and that we had 120 days to submit the full application to Pretoria.

I submitted to full app to Pretoria on 4 Aug 2010, it was received by Pretoria on 6 Aug (I followed up with the postal service using my postal tracking number)

Since then NOTHING!

My status online on http://www.cic.gc.ca still states "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete ".

I emailed Pretoria on 08 Sept 2010 to ask if they have a record of my application and if I am using the correct file number to check my application as I thought that perhaps my status would now be "IN PROCESS (Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)"

and still NOTHING! No reply, no change in status

Not sure what to do next except WAIT! :blink:

Wait for 9 months to 1 year according to their website and on www.canada.co.za icon7.gif