Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

Dedré

Ons hoop saam met julle. Byt vas manne!

Kiena

Anyone with some news from Pta, to date we stil have not receive any

feedback from them on any of our emails since March 24.

I even faxed them and they still did not reply at all.

Our progres on file still has not changed to in Progress.

They received the additional requirements (paystubs) on February 8 and since then nothing.\

It is so frustrating that they ignore yiu and the only thing you can do is wait, send an email, letter or fax and still dont get any feedback!

Hendie

Ai Kiena sterkte jong. Dis vir ons nou al lank terug, maar ek verstaan julle frustrasie - dis sleg om so uitgelewer te voel aan die Kanadese owerhede. Byt vas, aanhouer wen!

Jamisons

you guys have had quite a journey. man talk about being patient! respect.

chandlermare
you guys have had quite a journey. man talk about being patient! respect.

Has anyone heard from Pretoria lately? I've sent a few emails and...nothing.

Would love to hear from anyone that has heard from them or received a PPR lately?!

Thanks

Kiena
Anyone with some news from Pta, to date we stil have not receive any

feedback from them on any of our emails since March 24.

I even faxed them and they still did not reply at all.

Our progres on file still has not changed to in Progress.

They received the additional requirements (paystubs) on February 8 and since then nothing.\

It is so frustrating that they ignore yiu and the only thing you can do is wait, send an email, letter or fax and still dont get any feedback!

Nothing yet. the last email was requestin paystubs in January, which they received on 8 February 2010, Since we sent them emails on 23 Feb, 3 March,24 March, 19, 21, 22,26 and 27 April, I even faxed them on 24 April, and is now mailing them a letter today.

I am also sending a copy of my letter to minister Kenney and our representative in our town, Rob Merifield.

No replies from them yet, I do get the automatic responses though.

Our supporting documents have now been at Pretoria for 9 months.

Kiena
Ai Kiena sterkte jong. Dis vir ons nou al lank terug, maar ek verstaan julle frustrasie - dis sleg om so uitgelewer te voel aan die Kanadese owerhede. Byt vas, aanhouer wen!

Dankie Hendie, jy sal weet.

Ons is so frustreerd soos jy sal weet, mens se hele lewe is op hold, intussen kan ons nie eens lewens versekering uitneem nie omdat ons op wp is, :blink:

Kiena

So we eventually heard from CIC just to let us know that the wording in the employment letter for my husband's company is wrong...

Took them almost 4 months since it was submitted to let us know....

re-pret-imm-information@international.gc.ca ✆ to me

show details 8:00 AM (13 hours ago)

Dear Mr. Joubert,

We wish to advise that your application is with an officer for review. Please note that the application process takes 6 to 12 months.

With regards to the recent documentation sent please note that the letter from your current employer is not acceptable as it only indicates that you work on a full-time basis i.e. 5 days a week. We require a letter from your employer on an official letterhead confirming that an offer of indeterminate/permanent employment will be made if the permanent residence visa is issued. You must submit this letter as soon as possible.

Please refrain from sending further email requests as we are still within our processing times. You will be contacted once the officer has completed her review.

Regards

Yvette Prinsloo

Immigration Program Assistant

Canadian High Commission

South Africa

Now we have to pay again for Dhl to delliveer again....wonder how long it would take this time to hear from them!!

Oh, this is really a test of patience and faith!

GERA

I am wondering why Pretoria is taking so long to repond to us... I wonder how busy they really are,the strange thing is when I look through all the forums relating to Canada Immigration,there are very few people from South Africa......I then say to myself that should give an indication as to howmany people are really sending through applications to Pretoria ......or perhaps there are alot of "silent applicants"......well I geuss we can do nothing but wait......

Nirak

Very few people that I personally know that are planning to immigrate/in the process of immigrating actually go onto forums. Most of them will ask friends that has already gone through the process for advise/help. And there isn't a lot of people working at Pta.

GERA
Very few people that I personally know that are planning to immigrate/in the process of immigrating actually go onto forums. Most of them will ask friends that has already gone through the process for advise/help. And there isn't a lot of people working at Pta.

So you reckon there are alot of South Africa applicants ?...........Well the if your answer is yes......I geuss there is no need to complain ...just wait and wait !! Thanks for response

Nirak
So you reckon there are alot of South Africa applicants ?...........Well the if your answer is yes......I geuss there is no need to complain ...just wait and wait !! Thanks for response

Yeah. I think a small percentage of SA applicants actually join forums like this.

Mad about Canada

2 months since our medicals were sent to nairobi. Not a peep out of CIC. Its very very frustrating.

EvB
Yeah. I think a small percentage of SA applicants actually join forums like this.

Actually the number of applications for PR from SA are extremely small notwithstanding a small number of people joining forums and here is why (source CIC 2009 detailed stats):

1) Out of the circa 247,000 (2008) and 252,000 (2009) PR SA only contributed 1227 (2008) and 1316 (2009). This is for all classes of PR streams.

2) SA also processes applications for other southern African states i.e for Zimbabwe the numbers are 597 (2008) 527 (2009)

3) Ptia PR's for 2009: FSW 249, 25 business applicants, 120 family class, 68 parents and other humanitarian classes 394 (protected persons, refugees etc) including family members bring to the totals of 1227 and 1316 above

4) The top PR contributing country is China refer below

5) TRV applications by Ptia for 2009 9,452

numbers do not display correctly, first set=2008 and 2nd set=2009

China 29,337 29,044

Philippines 23,726 27,271

India 4,584 24,548 26,118

United States 11,216 9,721

United Kingdom 9,243 9,564

France 6,384 7,294

Pakistan 8,052 6,211

Iran 6,010 6,064

Korea, Republic of 7,246 5,862

Morocco 3,906 5,222

Algeria 3,228 4,785

United Arab Emirates 4,695 4,640

Iraq 2,570 4,567

Sri Lanka 4,509 4,268

Colombia 4,995 4,240

Germany 4,057 4,080

Mexico 2,831 3,104

Russia 2,547 2,799

Nigeria 1,837 2,660

Taiwan 2,972 2,543

Lebanon 2,827 2,532

Egypt 2,314 2,486

Brazil 2,127 2,482

Jamaica 2,312 2,426

Israel 2,633 2,363

Ukraine 1,874 2,300

Vietnam 1,740 2,141

Haiti 2,509 2,085

Saudi Arabia 2,357 2,025

Romania 2,754 1,993

Peru 1,078 1,872

Bangladesh 2,716 1,854

Moldova 1,119 1,535

Afghanistan 1,810 1,507

Turkey 1,190 1,452

Cuba 284 1,296 1,421

Venezuela 1,259 1,385

Japan 1,442 1,323

South Africa 1,227 1,316

Hence, South Africa receives a very small % of the annual quota supporting the roughly 260,000 PR that Canada approves annually and these are only the applications approved. It is mainly for WP, SP and TRV where the stats reflect the number of visas approved and declined.

With the new limit system linked to the occupation eligibility list, South Africa would receive a very small portion of the allocated limit. 20,000 or so is very few in comparison with the number of applications being received annually and those in the system still. Although the old backlog has been reduced, as claimed by CIC in press releases for June 26, 2010, the reality is that the total backlog (new and old system) only marginally improved from some 985,000 to about 954,000 or so. It would seem to me that although the aim of implementing the new system was to reduce the backlogs substantially, the first 2-years or so under the new system did not generate the desired effects. As such the only way to reduce a backlog that does not seem to get smaller fast enough is to 1) freeze new applications or 2) expand processing capacity. But then again does this truly address job market and economic needs? So for now the 20,000 limit, in my view, is perhaps the politically-correct statement as apposed to shutting the system outright for a few years. In my mind it comes down to more or less the same thing with slightly retained marginal flexibility.

There are plenty of stats I wanted to upload but for some reason my upload ability is impaired as I cannot even upload 1KB

Regards

Edited by EvB

Mad about Canada

Hi EvB,

As I understand, the 20,000 limit per annum on FSW is only effective 26.06.2010?

So if there are applicants who have already been through majority of the process would surely be processed as per normal?

Nirak

As I said, very few people join the forums (how many people is on this forum with current applications in relation to the amount of applications processed annually in PTA for PR, WP, and other visas). There is 8 - 10 people working in the office, with 2 of them handling the desk during the times that the office is open to the public. They do everything from interviews to processing the applications. I've been to the office around 8 times (if not more) to drop of paperwork and pick up passports and there was always a long queue of people waiting and people actually being turned away. What I was trying to get to is that they are a small amount of people handling (in relation to how many people are working there) a huge amount of work.

EvB
Hi EvB,

As I understand, the 20,000 limit per annum on FSW is only effective 26.06.2010?

So if there are applicants who have already been through majority of the process would surely be processed as per normal?

Correct but then again anything is possible. CIC did say in the press releases these measures are to process applications already in the system faster

EvB
As I said, very few people join the forums (how many people is on this forum with current applications in relation to the amount of applications processed annually in PTA for PR, WP, and other visas). There is 8 - 10 people working in the office, with 2 of them handling the desk during the times that the office is open to the public. They do everything from interviews to processing the applications. I've been to the office around 8 times (if not more) to drop of paperwork and pick up passports and there was always a long queue of people waiting and people actually being turned away. What I was trying to get to is that they are a small amount of people handling (in relation to how many people are working there) a huge amount of work.

understandably so knowing that these very same people process some 9,000 TRV per my previous post, no wonder things move slowly or stand still from time to time

GERA

Surely with all those thousands of rands we pay hem they could afford to recruit more staff !!! It is so frustrating to wait and you cannot even plan anything during the wait.........uUUUGHHH I am very frustrated ...I was told to contact them on 4 July if they had not contacted me .....well they still have not come back to me and 4 July is next week !! I never thought I would have to wait till this time.......ne way just me venting

POLI
Surely with all those thousands of rands we pay hem they could afford to recruit more staff !!! It is so frustrating to wait and you cannot even plan anything during the wait.........uUUUGHHH I am very frustrated ...I was told to contact them on 4 July if they had not contacted me .....well they still have not come back to me and 4 July is next week !! I never thought I would have to wait till this time.......ne way just me venting

Hi Gera

I'm On work permit here in Edmomton, my first AOR was on the 17 Sept 2009 and second AOR 1 Feb 2010. Pretoria CHC told me to contact them on May 7, 2010. if they have not contacted me by then but up to this date I have not had from them and no response to emails that me and my representative have sent after May 7,2010. If they did not have any given date to contact them it will be easier because this puts our hopes really up and they do not care to tell you what happens after the given date.

I will update you on my status if I hear anything from them.

So people in waiting agony is me (Poli, Edmonton), Kiena (IN Calgary) Gera, Madikwechef ( in Jasper), Cut (Botswana) Cut he is on Canadavisa Forum,

I believe they are more people who have also applied in Pretoria CHC but SA people do not share their concerns but just read your stories .

I have been reading in this forum for a long time but it took me a long time to join or share.

NIRAK - thank you for encouranging people in this forum you are true SA with UBUNTU within you.

To all of us, WE HAVE KNOCKED,SEEK AND ASKED. God is doing his part right now and his children will receive accordingly. let us not loose our focus or our hope.

Poli ;)

Ronel
Hi Gera

I'm On work permit here in Edmomton, my first AOR was on the 17 Sept 2009 and second AOR 1 Feb 2010. Pretoria CHC told me to contact them on May 7, 2010. if they have not contacted me by then but up to this date I have not had from them and no response to emails that me and my representative have sent after May 7,2010. If they did not have any given date to contact them it will be easier because this puts our hopes really up and they do not care to tell you what happens after the given date.

So people in waiting agony is me (Poli, Edmonton), Kiena (IN Calgary) Gera, Madikwechef ( in Jasper), Cut (Botswana) Cut he is on Canadavisa Forum,

I believe they are more people who have also applied in Pretoria CHC but SA people do not share their concerns but just read your stories .

I have been reading in this forum for a long time but it took me a long time to join or share.

NIRAK - thank you for encouranging people in this forum you are true SA with UBUNTU within you.

To all of us, WE HAVE KNOCKED,SEEK AND ASKED. God is doing his part right now and his children will receive accordingly. let us not loose our focus or our hope.

Poli :angry:

Hi don’t forget about us, were whitin Canada (Calgary) since June 2007 ;)

Also waiting for PR visa, with very little communication from Pretoria's side

Theyve requested our Pasports 2 weeks ago, so we'll see

POLI
Hi don’t forget about us, were whitin Canada (Calgary) since June 2007 ;)

Also waiting for PR visa, with very little communication from Pretoria's side

Theyve requested our Pasports 2 weeks ago, so we'll see

Hi Ronel

God has answered your prayers, you are almost there. I remember you, you had to do another SA PCC and got delayed in volcanic ash drama :angry: and it has been quick after that for you atleast.

it shall come to pass Ronel

just enjoy this wonderful weather it is not going to last forever, first time in my life I'm loving it. I used to hate it back in SA. :cry:

Poli

I love you all

GAMAWOES

Remember us as well. We have passed the 1 year mark already. We are also waiting and waiting and waiting. Pretoria started with the processing of our PR applicaton on 25 January 2010. Did our medicals on 26 March 2010.

Blesbuck
Remember us as well. We have passed the 1 year mark already. We are also waiting and waiting and waiting. Pretoria started with the processing of our PR applicaton on 25 January 2010. Did our medicals on 26 March 2010.

Doen 'n CAIPS, julle moes al gehoor het

Jy kry die vorm by hierdie adres, stuur 'n $5 tjek saam asook fotostate van julle paspoorte en ook toestemmingsbriewe van die persone oor agttien op die aansoek

Merk net die blokkies "Receive copies of Records" en "CAIPS(information abroad)" en vul CHC se adres in , asook jou lêer nommer

Dit vat so ses weke om terug te kry

Alles wat nog ooit aan jou leêr gedoen is, word daarop aangeteken

Jy sal kan sien waarmee hulle besig is

As dit lyk of dit nog 'n tyd gaan neem, stuur weer een in sodra jy die eerste een ontvang het, dis nie te duur nie, en so weet jy darem wat aangaan

GERA
Hi Gera

Poli ;)

Thank you for the information ....aleast I now know I am not the nly one!! well I will send email on the 4th of July and If I do not get response I will make my way there and see what they say to me.I geuss it might be useful but I just try keep positive and do whatever is in my power to do ......will keep you informed.Iam based in Johannesburg.