Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

mmeellooddyy

Hi

In the fiels of medicine we applied

I didn't hear fom them even today

did they send your medical requests to canada and then from there to jhb?

why a local post of mine should take more time of them then?

I am worried now about mine!!!

how long after medical(if i have any request ever)we have to wait?

take care,,,to be honest,i am very happy for you as i see u closer to final:)

when you exactly start this whole process,,i sent the documents to sydney in May,,what about u?

regards

stresssssed

Hi

agent I used is in gauteng but they use an immigration lawyer based in Toronto whomis an ex south African and very efficient.

NO interview requested and no further docs , just request for medicals. He is couriering the docs to us today so hope we get it in time for our meds

I am sure you will hear very soon from them as they really seem to be working quite quickly now. we applied in the section under federal skilled in the IT field, what did you apply under. I think they are working through the skills they require to be filled urgently.

holding thumbs for you, i know the wait is the worst but hang in there... I really admire the people who waited 3 and 4 years for a response so we should be thankful.

shaids
Hi

In the fiels of medicine we applied

I didn't hear fom them even today

did they send your medical requests to canada and then from there to jhb?

why a local post of mine should take more time of them then?

I am worried now about mine!!!

how long after medical(if i have any request ever)we have to wait?

take care,,,to be honest,i am very happy for you as i see u closer to final:)

when you exactly start this whole process,,i sent the documents to sydney in May,,what about u?

regards

stresssssed

medicals went directly to Canada and our lawyer has to send them to us which he couriered yesterday so we should get it next week

I heard that medical apps sometime take longer because they have to confirm with medical schools that you actually did the get the degree and maybe the delay is with the university confirming this.

But don't panic Canada is always very eager to get medical staff so I am sure once they have verified all your data you will be definitely in

Have to wait 10 - 12 weeks after medicals are sent before any feedback is reeceived sometimes sooner if you lucky

we started in April and send app to Sydney mid April and final docs with all info and certificates etc on the 13th Aug 2009

I have read about something called the CAIPS system on other forums about checking on status of application but I don't know much about it , maybe somebody can help us with more info on exactly how this works and is it worth doing or not.

Cathy

Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to process overseas visa applications.

CAIPS maintains all information relevant to your visa application, including:

point calculations;

visa officers' notes;

details of the processing stages passed;

the bring forward date (BFD), which indicates the expected date of the next processing stage

Someone can request it from within Canada on your behalf. My take is it is not really worth it as you don't get to find out much more information than you already know. Even the BF date which they refer to as being the date the next stage of processing date is confusing.

When it is useful to apply for it is if you get called for an interview as you can then see from the notes on the file why you have been called and you can prepare accordingly. CAIPS FAQ

shaids
Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to process overseas visa applications.

CAIPS maintains all information relevant to your visa application, including:

point calculations;

visa officers' notes;

details of the processing stages passed;

the bring forward date (BFD), which indicates the expected date of the next processing stage

Someone can request it from within Canada on your behalf. My take is it is not really worth it as you don't get to find out much more information than you already know. Even the BF date which they refer to as being the date the next stage of processing date is confusing.

When it is useful to apply for it is if you get called for an interview as you can then see from the notes on the file why you have been called and you can prepare accordingly. CAIPS FAQ

Thanx so much for all that info, glad i did not go through the hassle, these forums are great for getting the best info quickly. :angry:

Ronel

WOOHHOOO

So we got our request for medicals today!!!!

What a great feeling, hearing nothing from Pretoria for such al long time.

Ronel

Hi, I got a question pleez.

How do I go about getting our Police Clearance sorted from Canada?

Thanx

Ronel

shaids

Thanx

Ronel

hi

i found this on the web site hope it helps

pplication for Police Clearance Certificate

South Africans that work, travel and reside abroad require Police Clearance Certificates for purposes such as court requirements, residence permission or securing employment. Therefore the service from the South African Police Services (SAPS) ? Criminal Record Centre is available to South Africans who require confirmation on their criminal status.

The application for a police clearance certificate is a personal matter that the applicant must attend to and the issuing of a Clearance Certificate is the sole responsibility of the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria.

In some countries Police Clearance Certificates are also known as ? No Objection Certificates? or ? Certificates of Character? .

Note:

The South African Police Services (SAPS) is planning to outsource services for the police clearance certificates. South African Diplomatic and Consular Representatives abroad will be informed of any new procedures in due course. Until such time, the guidelines as per this chapter should be followed.

Procedures

1. Customers must forward applications/requests directly to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria.

2. If forwarded from abroad, the application may be forwarded via any reputable

courier company. The courier company must be PREPAID to collect the documents from the Criminal Record Centre and return the documents to the sender.

3. It is important to find out whether the requesting authority would need the police clearance certificate to be legalised. It will save time and money to submit the original Police Clearance Certificate to the Department of Foreign Affairs ? Legalisation Section before it is returned to the applicant. Customers must specify this in their application to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre. Refer to http://www.dfa.gov.za/consular/legalisation.htm for further information regarding legalisation (authentication) of official documentation.

4. The customer must present his/her green bar-coded Identity Document or valid passport at the South African Diplomatic and/or Consular Representatives, as proof of identification, when abroad. Note: The South African Diplomatic and/or Consular Representative abroad are only able to assist to take fingerprints. The customer is responsible to forward the application/request for a Police Clearance Certificate directly to the SAPS ? Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria.

5. There is no specific application form available from the SAPS, however the following information must be contained in the applicant? s letter/request addressed to the SAPS ? Criminal Record Centre when submitting their application for a Police Clearance Certificate or refer to attached Annex 23B (Application for a Police Clearance Certificate) which has been designed to facilitate inquiries. The following details are required:

a) Surname, :) Maiden name (if applicable, also specify in which surname the certificate

should to be issued) , c) Given names, d) Date of birth, e) Place of birth, ) South African ID number (if applicable), g) Last residential address in South Africa , h) Last SA business / employer's address

i) Telephone number of the above (h) j) Date , k) Signature, l) Mailing address in the country of application, m) Zip/Postal Code, n) Telephone number

6. An application, consisting of the written request (containing abovementioned information), full set of fingerprints, and copy of ID document/passport and proof of payment must be forwarded directly to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria. Fingerprints are done by your closest Police Station or nearest South African Diplomatic or Consular Representative, if you are abroad.

7. The application has to be accompanied by:

A fee of ZAR 59-00 (either a South African bank guaranteed cheque, bankers draft, money order, or electronic payment into the South African Police Service account made payable to the South African Police Service, is acceptable). Note: It is advisable not to forward cash with the application.

· A self-addressed and franked envelope if you want the application to be returned to you by post. 8. The application, copy of ID document/passport, original fingerprints and fee, should be forwarded by the applicant to:

The Head (Attention: Police Clearance Certificates), Criminal Record Centere - SAPS, st Floor, Room 14 Botongo Plaza West, 271 Schoeman Street, Pretoria, 0001, Republic of South Africa

Website: www.saps.gov.za ? refer to information under the heading FAQ? s ? Application for Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) for further information.

9. Office hours are from 07:30 to 16:00 (Monday to Friday).

10. The average time to render the service will take approximately twenty one (21) working days from the day that the complete application is received at the Pretoria Criminal Record Centre (SAPS) until the Clearance Certificate is issued

shaids

Thanx

Ronel

hi

soory i think this one is in a slightly easier format to read.

Application for Police Clearance Certificate

Introduction / Procedures / Forms

Introduction

South Africans that work, travel and reside abroad require Police Clearance Certificates for purposes such as court requirements, residence permission or securing employment. Therefore the service from the South African Police Services (SAPS) – Criminal Record Centre is available to South Africans who require confirmation on their criminal status.

The application for a police clearance certificate is a personal matter that the applicant must attend to and the issuing of a Clearance Certificate is the sole responsibility of the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria.

In some countries Police Clearance Certificates are also known as “No Objection Certificates” or “Certificates of Character”.

Note:

The South African Police Services (SAPS) is planning to outsource services for the police clearance certificates. South African Diplomatic and Consular Representatives abroad will be informed of any new procedures in due course. Until such time, the guidelines as per this chapter should be followed.

Procedures

1. Customers must forward applications/requests directly to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria.

2. If forwarded from abroad, the application may be forwarded via any reputable

courier company. The courier company must be PREPAID to collect the documents from the Criminal Record Centre and return the documents to the sender.

3. It is important to find out whether the requesting authority would need the police clearance certificate to be legalised. It will save time and money to submit the original Police Clearance Certificate to the Department of Foreign Affairs – Legalisation Section before it is returned to the applicant. Customers must specify this in their application to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre. Refer to http://www.dirco.gov.za/consular/legalisation.htm for further information regarding legalisation (authentication) of official documentation.

4. The customer must present his/her green bar-coded Identity Document or valid passport at the South African Diplomatic and/or Consular Representatives, as proof of identification, when abroad. Note: The South African Diplomatic and/or Consular Representative abroad are only able to assist to take fingerprints. The customer is responsible to forward the application/request for a Police Clearance Certificate directly to the SAPS – Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria.

5. There is no specific application form available from the SAPS, however the following information must be contained in the applicant’s letter/request addressed to the SAPS – Criminal Record Centre when submitting their application for a Police Clearance Certificate or refer to attached Annex 23B (Application for a Police Clearance Certificate) which has been designed to facilitate inquiries. The following details are required:

a) Surname

:) Maiden name (if applicable, also specify in which surname the certificate

should to be issued)

c) Given names

d) Date of birth

e) Place of birth

f) South African ID number (if applicable)

g) Last residential address in South Africa

h) Last SA business / employer's address

i) Telephone number of the above (h)

j) Date

k) Signature

l) Mailing address in the country of application

m) Zip/Postal Code

n) Telephone number

6. An application, consisting of the written request (containing abovementioned information), full set of fingerprints, and copy of ID document/passport and proof of payment must be forwarded directly to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria. Fingerprints are done by your closest Police Station or nearest South African Diplomatic or Consular Representative, if you are abroad.

7. The application has to be accompanied by:

A fee of ZAR59-00 (either a South African bank guaranteed cheque, bankers draft, money order, or electronic payment into the South African Police Service account made payable to the South African Police Service, is acceptable). Note: It is advisable not to forward cash with the application.

A self-addressed and franked envelope if you want the application to be returned to you by post.

8. The application, copy of ID document/passport, original fingerprints and fee, should be forwarded by the applicant to:

The Head (Attention: Police Clearance Certificates)

Criminal Record Center - SAPS

1st Floor, Room 14 Botongo Plaza West

271 Schoeman Street

Pretoria, 0001

Republic of South Africa

Tel. No's. (012) 393-3928

Fax No. (012) 393-3909

E-mail: crc-nameclear@saps.org.za / crc.client@saps.org.za or crc.clientserv.sec@saps.org.za

Website: www.saps.gov.za – refer to information under the heading FAQ’s – Application for Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) for further information.

9. Office hours are from 07:30 to 16:00 (Monday to Friday).

10. The average time to render the service will take approximately twenty one (21) working days from the day that the complete application is received at the Pretoria Criminal Record Centre (SAPS) until the Clearance Certificate is issued.

mmeellooddyy

hi everyone,,i am going to pretoria to ask about my application

just need to know what time i must be there?

are they answering to clients everyday?

thanks

mmeellooddyy

and please give me a direction from airport to candian embassy,,i don't have GPS:)

thanks

hi everyone,,i am going to pretoria to ask about my application

just need to know what time i must be there?

are they answering to clients everyday?

thanks

shaids
and please give me a direction from airport to candian embassy,,i don't have GPS:)

thanks

anadian High Commission

Visa Section

1103 Arcadia Street

Hatfield, Pretoria

Office Hours: Monday: 08:00 – 16:45

Tuesday: 08:00 – 16:45

Wednesday: 08:00 – 16:45

Thursday: 08:00 – 16:45

Friday: 08:00 – 13:30

Comments: Monday to Friday:

Submission of applications from 8:00 to 10:00

Collections from 11:00 to 12:00

General enquiries from 8:00 to 12:00

Sorry not sure about directions but are you landing at lanseria airport and hiring a car? I believe a gps costs about R90 per day to hire. MIght be a good idea to hire one especially if the road have had name changes like they have in Durban

Sheryl

Just watch out for all the one-way streets! We followed our old map which didn't show this and spent a lot of time driving around trying to get into Arcadia street, with the result that we missed the 12:00 deadline by 5 minutes and the security guard was not in the slightest interested that we'd just arrived from Durban! We did find them helpful though, it's worth a visit. Good luck!

mmeellooddyy

hi i went to embassy today,i asked her about my status,she looked and looked,she said,your file is with assistand and she will write to you,according to work load,i said i know people had their medical requests while were on process with me time wise,she didn.t say anything..i said does it mean medical?she said she will write to u,i asked if they will interview mw.she said,we dont know!i was insisting,she said they will probably ask for more documents.i asked,what documents...she said we don.t know ,u will receive a letter,,,i saw something on monitor,although far,,,reason ..repetion or rejection??i didnt see properly,,was far,,,i think they rejected us,,otherwise why lady was so quite and keep telling me to wait for letter,,i think she didn't want to tell me i am rejected...,if file goes to in process,,,i was thinking it doesnt mean rejection....why it didnt change to decision made???instead,,i am so depressed please advise,,thanks to all good friends here,,,,,,,,

Just watch out for all the one-way streets! We followed our old map which didn't show this and spent a lot of time driving around trying to get into Arcadia street, with the result that we missed the 12:00 deadline by 5 minutes and the security guard was not in the slightest interested that we'd just arrived from Durban! We did find them helpful though, it's worth a visit. Good luck!

kav
hi i went to embassy today,i asked her about my status,she looked and looked,she said,your file is with assistand and she will write to you,according to work load,i said i know people had their medical requests while were on process with me time wise,she didn.t say anything..i said does it mean medical?she said she will write to u,i asked if they will interview mw.she said,we dont know!i was insisting,she said they will probably ask for more documents.i asked,what documents...she said we don.t know ,u will receive a letter,,,i saw something on monitor,although far,,,reason ..repetion or rejection??i didnt see properly,,was far,,,i think they rejected us,,otherwise why lady was so quite and keep telling me to wait for letter,,i think she didn't want to tell me i am rejected...,if file goes to in process,,,i was thinking it doesnt mean rejection....why it didnt change to decision made???instead,,i am so depressed please advise,,thanks to all good friends here,,,,,,,,

Hi

Hang in there till you get the letter. From other sites usually if rejected your status whould change to "Review complete" it would not go to in process.

Mines only changed to Decision Made after i handed my passport in for stamping.

Maybe they will ask for more docs together with medical.

Thanks

Kav

shaids

HI

please try not to be upset. I think if you were rejected she would have told you. I am sure they just require more docs and I agree that if the status changed to "in process" it means they looking to request medicals otherwise it would have been rejected. some people wait for 4 months maybe you can try the Caips system to find out exactly what the proble is but remember that it takes approx 4 - 6 weeks to get a response

Hang in there and chin up

mmeellooddyy

Dear friends.ronel .kav and shaida

please see the email i received today:

was so unexpectes..

i sent them an email on 24th january

they replied only today:(i asked if they will issue medicals or not as my status in in process)

reply today:

We wish to advise that your file is in the queue awaiting the issuance of the medical instructions. A form listing the designated medical practitioners will be included. Given the high volume of files in the queue please allow 3 to 4 weeks for issuance.

Regards

i am excited!!!

thanks for all supports

dear sheida,,why my medical is going to be issued later than u??do i have any problem or because i applied 1 months after you(remember ,mine was may)

dear kav,,do u think i saw things as rejection!because i was nervious,,???does it mean they may ask other documents or only medicals now?

dear ronel..your advise about the road to pretoria made me to hire a gps..,was very helpful,,my experience,,i don't think anyone should go to pretoria anymore,,lol

waiting for your advises

can i go for medical now or i must wait for their instruction and ..i know which doctor i must go,,must i wait???????

regard

thanks for being such nice friends

dear ronel..your advise about the road to pretoria made me to hire a gps..very helpful

Edited by mmeellooddyy

shaids

hI MELODY

I am so happy for you i told you not to worry. I think you should go for the xray and blood and urine tests but go to entabeni hospital as they were much nicer than Westville hospital. I sent you the forms for what you need to have done so read them carefully. You can book your appointment for a months time and if the forms arrive earlier you can always change your date, We booked with Dr blankenberg in westville.We had to wait 10 days before we got an appointment. If you send me a personal email to my shaidsg@gmail.com acc i will give you my cell no and you can phone me for any advise as my son has already gone for his meds and so we know what to expect.

i am not sure why ours was processed before yours as we did send them in the same week as yours( Aug 09) with all the docs but we did use a speed courier service so maybe they arrived slightly sooner than yours but again not 100% sure

kav

Hi mmeellooddyy

This sounds very promising. Not sure what you saw :cry:

They could ask for additional docs along with the medicals.

You to wait fo the letter to be sure.

Thanks

Kav

Ronel

Hi all

So weve send the fingerprints, id numb and so on to Pretoria criminal record centre from Canada with FEDEX, prety exp :) , but if this is what we need to pay for our "freedom" so be it.

Now we wait, again, At least we know things are moving along.yeehaaa :cry:

Thanx for the quick response and emails regarding to go about police clearance whithin Canada,

This forum ROCKS!!!!!

mmeellooddyy

hi ,,i am with my family and trying to relax and wait for medicals,,i saw u guys are submiting another police certificate,,,didn't we submit it when we sent our application???should we send another one??

Hi all

So weve send the fingerprints, id numb and so on to Pretoria criminal record centre from Canada with FEDEX, prety exp :) , but if this is what we need to pay for our "freedom" so be it.

Now we wait, again, At least we know things are moving along.yeehaaa :cry:

Thanx for the quick response and emails regarding to go about police clearance whithin Canada,

This forum ROCKS!!!!!

shaids
hi ,,i am with my family and trying to relax and wait for medicals,,i saw u guys are submiting another police certificate,,,didn't we submit it when we sent our application???should we send another one??

hi

No you don't need another one unless you are specifically asked to get another one.

Ronel

Hi mmeellooddyy, yes weve done our police clearance while we were still in SA, for our workpermits, but weve been in Calgary for almost 3 years, so our police clearance and medicals expired.

They need updated ones for our PR Visa that weve been waiting for within Canada

Kiena

Soooo, the last contact we had with Pretoria was in early February requesting additional documentation (paystubs), which was delivered by DHL on February 8, 2010 and from there on nothing else...

Our status is not even in progress get....makes me wonder if they really work on first come first served basis ;)

Maby it is a test for patience???? ;)

GAMAWOES

Hi Kiena

Ons het 'n e-pos ontvang op 14 Feb waarin hulle sê daar is 'n brief aan ons verteenwoordiger gestuur. Hy het nog niks ontvang nie en hulle het op geen ander van my e-posse geantwoord or reageer nie. Nie eers die outomatiese antwoord is teruggestuur nie. Die skip waarop ons dokumente op pad na Toronto is moet seker nou al halfpad oor die oseaan wees. Dit is senutergend! ;) Ons glo vas dit is ons mediese aansoeke. Wag maar in spanning. Ek dink mens kry sommer baie plooie by in hierdie proses. Sterkte. Hoop julle hoor vinnig iets van hulle af.

Kiena
Hi Kiena

Ons het 'n e-pos ontvang op 14 Feb waarin hulle sê daar is 'n brief aan ons verteenwoordiger gestuur. Hy het nog niks ontvang nie en hulle het op geen ander van my e-posse geantwoord or reageer nie. Nie eers die outomatiese antwoord is teruggestuur nie. Die skip waarop ons dokumente op pad na Toronto is moet seker nou al halfpad oor die oseaan wees. Dit is senutergend! ;) Ons glo vas dit is ons mediese aansoeke. Wag maar in spanning. Ek dink mens kry sommer baie plooie by in hierdie proses. Sterkte. Hoop julle hoor vinnig iets van hulle af.

Hi!

Ai tog ons hoop maar om gou te hoor! Sterkte vir julle ook, hopelik kan ons een van die dae dit gaan vier! ;)